2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs, too bad we didn't make it -edition

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Also I can’t get over the sheer luck Vegas is getting. Fleury getting peppered and making saves he has no business making even when he’s backwards in his net and 40 goal scorers somehow hit the back of his leg
Or a post. Even smiths gwg relies heavily on a grade a scoring chance blunder by buff and smith goes down and picks a ridiculous shot where the puck is fluttering cause he didn’t shoot it correctly that goes bar down. It’s just a ridiculous snowball of a perfect set of events that’s honestly unexplainable

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
So part of the Problem that makes you mad is that Tallon gets too much blame compared to the owners?
hqdefault.jpg

Who cares who gets what when both are at fault. Owners have often been bashed here. They are bad.

By the way This is a playoff thread. Smith and Marchessault are playing well. Scoring big goals and we post here when they score. And maybe making a few jokes about Uncle Dale. Do you think we should be just quiet and act like nothing happened when Marchessault or Smith scores? They are big narratives in this amazing story. Why this gets you so mad?
And yet nobody says a peep about who the coach is. I think what gets people so flabbergasted is that not only nobody says anything about the coach, but it seems that there is a negative opinion about him from a lot of the people who keep talking about the franchise killing move of losing March and Smith. The same coach that ownership fired, not Tallon. Tallon hired him, coincidence, I don't know. It's funny, if you put some other coach on the Golden Knights, they probably don't do anything nearly as good as this, this season. And I'd put serious money on Smith not having the season he's having with some other coach in there.

Reactions: Pumaconcolorcoryi

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
And yet nobody says a peep about who the coach is. I think what gets people so flabbergasted is that not only nobody says anything about the coach, but it seems that there is a negative opinion about him from a lot of the people who keep talking about the franchise killing move of losing March and Smith. The same coach that ownership fired, not Tallon. Tallon hired him, coincidence, I don't know. It's funny, if you put some other coach on the Golden Knights, they probably don't do anything nearly as good as this, this season. And I'd put serious money on Smith not having the season he's having with some other coach in there.
Firing Gallant was the single worst move by the analytics guys, ownership or whoever did it. I think everyone around here pretty much agrees on that (besides Kid Icarus I guess).

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Firing Gallant was the single worst move by the analytics guys, ownership or whoever did it. I think everyone around here pretty much agrees on that (besides Kid Icarus I guess).

Gallant knows how to win hockey games with what he has. The definition of a good coach. It’s not always statistically pretty but he gets it done.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015

Like I said before, I don’t think Gallant is a bad coach or a great one. He’s the average run o’ the mill guy.

I still hope he loses but if Vegas does win it all, it’ll just show the NHL what a joke it is and force them to rethink the expansion draft rules.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I swear you guys don't even try to understand what I'm trying to say :laugh:

We can talk all day long whether Smith is a 40 or 60 point guy and how good he is, that really isn't the point. I just started laughing again again how some were gushing over Smith like he's the second coming of McDavid.

Smith isn't even a real loss, March is. But that's going on a siderail again and not going there so that I can for the last time try to hammer in my point.

I'm sick and tired of coming into every single thread and reading "Tallon just gave away Smith and March for a 4th rounder lololololol". That's just a straight out lie / trolling and for people who want to talk about context, it's completely out of it.

My real point has all this time being why isn't ANYONE ELSE except me trying to look at the underlying cause of this whole debacle?

a) the OWNERS put Tom Rowe and the calculator boys in charge
b) the OWNERS fired Gerald Gallant
c) the OWNERS put an internal cap (reported by Friedman, Bob Mckenzie, heck even batting1k was saying it even though he's been pretty much been the posterboy for the anti-Tallon movement) that caused the whole expansion draft mess.

Yet, all I've read for pages in multiple thread is how "Tallon just gave away Smith and March for a 4th rounder lololololol".

To me, this is so ****ing stupid that I can't even put my finger on what the issue is. It's completely ignoring the underlying cause. It's like blaming a guy in a car accident when his brakes stopped working and he couldn't avoid it.

Now I've said this many times that I would've done the expansion draft differently but this is beside the point. Who got the ball rolling on every single **** up in the last two years? The owners. And they are getting about 1% of the blame on these boards compared to the flack DT gets.

WvZh421.gif

You're obviously not reading what I'm saying. No one is saying Smith he is the second coming of McDavid. Most here are saying he is a big loss to the team, and that we messed up the expansion draft. I don't just blame Tallon for this fiasco, but he was obviously a part of it. Owners get a lot of blame on this board. As did Rowe. Hell, I've been very vocal about that. Tallon was reinstated as GM, so he probably had a big say in who we protected. Sure, there is the report about being a budget team, but even with this, the decision made was bad at the expansion draft. And most called it at the time. Actually, people were stunned when we found out we were losing Smith and Marchessault. And we heard a 4th was coming back, some thought at the time, there has to be more. A remember a couple of posters thinking maybe Neal/Perron player would be part of the deal. But it was not. Tallon is not the sole culprit, but he definitely deserves a big portion of the blame. It was bad asset management all around.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Like I said before, I don’t think Gallant is a bad coach or a great one. He’s the average run o’ the mill guy.

I still hope he loses but if Vegas does win it all, it’ll just show the NHL what a joke it is and force them to rethink the expansion draft rules.

This is good for selling expansion in the salary cap era. With teams giving away decent players and picks to dump salary pretty much ensures that they can be competitive out of the gate. That’s exciting for new fans.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Why would it show the NHL is a joke? Is there a better way to draft an entire new team

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

Based on what? lol
Line changes? How he runs his PP?....the way his face looks? His name?....
It certainly isn't on team results.....or rosters. Or hockey experts opinions, or awards voting...

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
This is good for selling expansion in the salary cap era. With teams giving away decent players and picks to dump salary pretty much ensures that they can be competitive out of the gate. That’s exciting for new fans.

I agree it’s exciting for new fans since it keeps them competitive off the bat. But, imo, expansion teams shouldn’t be in the finals in the inaugural season.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Not letting them make deals that sound like Mafia threats? In all honesty I don’t know what the solution is.

Considering the owners got a big payday and agreed to all of the circumstances that would occur during a Vegas expansion. I would say this is the polar opposite of extortion or anything along those lines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->