WJC: 2018 Russia Roster Talk

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Shvyryov seems to be the biggest snub, especially with lack of skilled centers for this age group.

Danil Kurashov would be there also, I thought.

I hope Kravtsov will get a legit shot. Bragin is unlikely to bring multiple 17-year-olds, but this is a very strong group. Obviously Svechnikov, but Kravtsov and Alexeyev should be considered also.

Samuel Desbiens

Dec 5, 2017
Quebec City, Quebec
I saw a couple of game of Artyom Maltsev (D) when he played in the QMJHL and I was not impressed at all by this player. Does he have legitimate chance of making the team? Yeah, he was a the Super Series few weeks ago and has a chance to show some good things but I'm clearly not a big fan.

To me, Rubtsov, Abramov, Svechnikov and Alexeyev should receive an invitation later and be able to make the team or at least, make a push (Alexeyev) but what about Toropchenko?

It is unreal to see this group of 19 years old players. I hope Bragin will keep some young talented players to generate and simply try something different.

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
Is Russia or Sweden the favourite to come out of their group?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Shvyryov seems to be the biggest snub, especially with lack of skilled centers for this age group.

Maybe Bragin likes Lipanov, whom he can pair with Svechnikov.

In that case the top three centers would be Rubtsov, Maltsev and Lipanov. Hardly short on skill.

JayZIH

Nov 29, 2017
NA based players will be announced when ?
I imagine that the camp starts soon

BDoan13

Oct 21, 2017
Does Kirill Maximov have a any chance at making the roster? I know he's 18 and Bragin generally likes to go with an older roster, but I'm an Oilers fan and he's been having a really good year with Niagara (leading his team in goals and points), so I'm curious as to what his chances are this year. I could be way off the mark because I'm not very familiar with a lot of the players who are playing in Russia, but he's in the top 10 for goals in the OHL this year so I'd have to think they've at least been keeping an eye on him.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Where will Svechnikov be in the lineup? top 6? 1st line?
He needs to get on the roster first because of the injury. If he puts together a proper stretch before the end of December then he should be there. There will be no 1st line. The lines production us fairly unpredictable partly because some injured players haven't played in recent tournaments.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Does Kirill Maximov have a any chance at making the roster? I know he's 18 and Bragin generally likes to go with an older roster, but I'm an Oilers fan and he's been having a really good year with Niagara (leading his team in goals and points), so I'm curious as to what his chances are this year. I could be way off the mark because I'm not very familiar with a lot of the players who are playing in Russia, but he's in the top 10 for goals in the OHL this year so I'd have to think they've at least been keeping an eye on him.
People here tend to overrate CHL success. It turns out it is not a good indication for a players production on a higher level. And Bragin is good at evaluating players. Someone ripping it in the OHL doesn't guarantee him a spot on Bragin's roster.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
NA based players will be announced when ?
I imagine that the camp starts soon
Nope, there will be a russian and a NA camp. NA callups will be anounced right befor NA camp,i.e. when the russian camp is over, cuts are made and the team leaves for NA. That should be in a week from now.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
He needs to get on the roster first because of the injury. If he puts together a proper stretch before the end of December then he should be there. There will be no 1st line. The lines production us fairly unpredictable partly because some injured players haven't played in recent tournaments.

He is fully healthy right now and reportedly tearing it up last week with Barrie of the OHL. No further injury for the next 2 weeks and he will be fully ready and in shape.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
That's 6 out of 10. Any word on the others?

Rubtsov should be there. Samorukov earned it with his play during the Canada series. Either A. Alexeyev, Rubinchik or Sosunov are possible.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
That's 6 out of 10. Any word on the others?

Rubtsov should be there. Samorukov earned it with his play during the Canada series. Either A. Alexeyev, Rubinchik or Sosunov are possible.

Svechnikov, Kostin, Abramov, Sokolov, Lipanov, Rubtsov, Minulin, A. Alexeyev, Samorukov, Berdin.

At least I will be greatly surprised if it will be any other way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad