Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Russian KHL/VHL/MHL roster, 18 players.

Goallies
Melnichuk, Sukhachev

Defense
Shepelev, Elizarov, Zaitsev, Makeyev, Artem Maltsev, Knyzhov, Semin

Forwards
Altybarmakyan, Mikhail Maltsev, Polodyan, Veryaev, Ivanov, Kayumov, Manukyan, Kravtsov, Sholokhov

Now the team is following to Rochester, where 10 NA candidates will join.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Very simple logic so far by Bragin. North American forwards make up two lines, and the pairings might be decided in a similar fashion.

Of course we'll probably see movement when the games start. I'm rooting for Alexander Alexeev to make it because I think he has big-time talent. Losing Dronov sucks, but there can be a silver lining here.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Very simple logic so far by Bragin. North American forwards make up two lines, and the pairings might be decided in a similar fashion.

Of course we'll probably see movement when the games start. I'm rooting for Alexander Alexeev to make it because I think he has big-time talent. Losing Dronov sucks, but there can be a silver lining here.
Since when are you a beacon of optimism? :)

I am still in the sceptics camp for now.

LooseningMyGrip

Dec 7, 2017
See post #86, but likely most if not entire Kravtsov line will be cut.

I seen that post but its been a few days now and thought things may have changed.
Do you know anything about Altybarmakyan and Polodyan and what role you'd anticipate them playing?

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I seen that post but its been a few days now and thought things may have changed.
Do you know anything about Altybarmakyan and Polodyan and what role you'd anticipate them playing?

They had chemistry with Maltsev in the SuperSeries so Bragin likely will lean on them heavily for scoring. Unless they're not clicking.

I don't anticipate the scoring lines to change much unless something unusual happens. Bragin will shuffle things when the real games begin, until then I expect the North Americans to stay with North Americans and the Maltsev line to stay intact.

Last edited:
Reactions: LooseningMyGrip

LooseningMyGrip

Dec 7, 2017
They had chemistry with Maltsev in the SuperSeries so Bragin likely will lean on them heavily for scoring. Unless they're not clicking.

I don't anticipate the scoring lines to change much unless something unusual happens. Bragin will shuffle things when the real games begin, until then I expect the North Americans to stay with North Americans and the Maltsev line to stay intact.

Thanks for the commentary.
Wasn't too familiar with them and missed the SuperSeries this year so I was totally in the dark!

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
0-0 after 1 period against Denmark. Pretty even first period TBH. Surprised Denmark had as much zone time as they did. Is Russia playing all their best players? Or are the top guys resting? Wish there was a generic exhibition games GDT to post in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad