2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING | Feb 10th - 22nd

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
yah the only way you can appeal is at rink surface. (I'm surprised Canada didn't do this because they have before). I don't understand how Canada gets penalized when Korea's fall resulted in all that chaos. honestly.
Where they dqed for that?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
that....
i don't remember.

I'm trying really hard which Olympics it was so i can look it up, but i do know Canada did protest a result (on the ice).
No, I mean, where they disqualified because the Korean fell? It did look accidental and after the fall I didn't really see any offense from Canada. Short track is confusing. But fun. But I imagine it's very frustrating as an athlete. Half of the time they seem just as oblivious about what's going to to be judged. The Korean cried coming in first probably because she thought she will be dqed.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No, I mean, where they disqualified because the Korean fell? It did look accidental and after the fall I didn't really see any offense from Canada. Short track is confusing. But fun. But I imagine it's very frustrating as an athlete. Half of the time they seem just as oblivious about what's going to to be judged. The Korean cried coming in first probably because she thought she will be dqed.

OH.
i don't know where Canada got dq'ed apparently near the end of the race. lol
i dunno how Korea got free

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
If ever that was a home decision that was one. To anyone watching Korea should have been penalized. Commentators here inc.Wilf O'Reilly left completely bemused.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
OH.
My wife just told me, according to Korean media, that because the fall was accidental, it wasn deemed a violation. She finds different explanations for the dq of China and Canada, depending on where you get the news from. Strange

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
OH.

At the very end of the race one canadian skater (not the one skating for the last leg) found herself in the middle of the final sprint between the korean and the chinese. It is not very clear and it didn't seem that terrible but she was definitely not supposed to be there. This is what I understood... but take it with a grain of salt.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
At the very end of the race one canadian skater (not the one skating for the last leg) found herself in the middle of the final sprint between the korean and the chinese. It is not very clear and it didn't seem that terrible but she was definitely not supposed to be there. This is what I understood... but take it with a grain of salt.

That's what I heard too.

Canada got disqualified for interfering in the final sprint between south Korea and China (didn't watch the replay yet but I do remember seeing I think Kim Boutin there live and it felt a bit weird but not too bad)

China apparently dqed for interfering with the south Korean though I don't know when or where.

Can't believe south Korea wasn't dqd that's idiotic.

Honestly - I wish they had ran the race again.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just catching up with this now. Not sure how South Korea didn't get penalized. I saw like 4 different things they should have gotten called on just watching it live. Twice a skater not in the race blocked the trailing teams, they impeded China in the finish(China did the same), and South Korea tripped Canada even if it was unintentional. This was far worse than the Hamelin one in the 1500 which Korea also got the home town call on.

All you have to do is have hundreds of Koreans threaten skaters with tweets when they correctly get penalized in a prior final and they get free reign to do whatever they want because they don't want that shit happening again.

Not sure what Canada did if it wasn't for not finishing properly which I think they did. Really should have been Italy first and Canada 2nd. Oh well.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Speed skating seems to have followed the trends of political correctness in the last decade in that stuff you never used to get in trouble for doing you now do

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Meh. I feel bad for Christie tonight worse.

I expect short track to have shit show crashes and results. I didn't expect Christie to implode :(

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Just watched the relay. What the ****. How does Korea not get DQ'd? We couldn't tag up because the korean girl bailed.

I don't think there was any clear violation in that particular situation however dramatic. Disqualifying Canada and China was defensible, but it's true that the Koreans got away with murder throughout the race and should have been disqualified too for other obstructions.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I don't think there was any clear violation in that particular situation however dramatic. Disqualifying Canada and China was defensible, but it's true that the Koreans got away with murder throughout the race and should have been disqualified too for other obstructions.

Fair... but that obstruction at the end?! That was a questionable call, especially since they already DQ'd China.

A lost bronze.

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
St. Gelaix out of these olympics barring a penalty, although very unlikely.

Boutin advances!

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
Similarly to the mens 2 koreans in the finals. Although there will be more bodies in this final so it might get a bit messier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad