2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING | Feb 10th - 22nd

nickp91

Jun 29, 2011
Short track speedskating silver for John Henry Krueger! This is the first USA speedskating medal of any kind at these Olympics

Reactions: Daisy Jane

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
I’m not naive enough to think Hamelin didn’t know exactly what he was doing there. They initiated contact with each other to get one of them through.
:) As soon as Hamelin was pushed out wide in those closing laps he knew.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Last edited:

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I feel bad for Elise Christie. In Sochi she had all the DQ's and death threats and now this time with the injury. Super talented but terrible luck.

I also couldn't help but laugh watching a French guy named Fauconnet race against 3 Koreans in short track when only the top 2 advance...I think his last name would be one of the first words out of my mouth.

luoa3Mz.jpg

Reactions: Daisy Jane

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
I feel bad for Elise Christie. In Sochi she had all the DQ's and death threats and now this time with the injury. Super talented but terrible luck.

I also couldn't help but laugh watching a French guy named Fauconnet race against 3 Koreans in short track when only the top 2 advance...I think his last name would be one of the first words out of my mouth.

luoa3Mz.jpg

You're lucky you don't have to put up with the BBC coverage of Christie. Tweet your messages of support and sympathy. You would think someone had died. It's the way the cookie crumbles. It is by it's nature a chaotic sport.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Boutin should carry Canada flag. Going trough so much pressure and delivering great performance. Absolute warrior she his with 2 more medals to come maybe.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
You're lucky you don't have to put up with the BBC coverage of Christie. Tweet your messages of support and sympathy. You would think someone had died. It's the way the cookie crumbles. It is by it's nature a chaotic sport.
Did they call her "Our Elise"? Was the word "plucky" used?

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
That North Korean skater in the 500meter is an ***hole. Falls on his own during the start and tries to take out the Japanese skater then on the restart he again tries to shove the Japanese guy over before again wiping himself out.

Reactions: Filppula

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Canada just got screwed in the 3000 meter relay. South Korea should get DQ'd for impeding Canada but they won't.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I really don't understand the rules of it then. How does Korea get out of that unscathed?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The US had like 6 people combined in the heats between the men and women and somehow didn’t even get one through to the quarterfinals. That almost takes trying to do that at

Reactions: Filppula

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Wtf is that ruling...can you protest it...Koreans should be DQ there...absolute farce as usual in this sports.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't get it why is south Korea not disqualified? Someone not even in the race blocked Canada. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Worst case - OK don't disqualify south Korea because you call it an "accident". But how do you get to disqualifying Canada?? Over what lol.

And what happened to the Chinese? Does anyone have any idea why they got disqualified?
This is extremely disappointing and underwhelming of a race result.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad