2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING | Feb 10th - 22nd

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Wtf is that ruling...can you protest it...Koreans should be DQ there...absolute farce as usual in this sports.

I'm also curious if there's any formal appeal/protest possible.
Most of the time id hate it call it being a sore loser but this is pretty extreme. I don't understand it at all....

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Canada DQ'd for pushing a Chinese sskater
China DQ'd for impeding not in the race

Korea apparently gets off scot-free

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
27972980_10159972855620023_1103558347515953317_n.jpg
wting for a relay in the middle of everybody...lmao f***ing ridiculous sport

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
we got DQ for obstruction at the finish line...we impeded the Chinesse and Koreans.....

wtf is that ruling lol

Korea clearly blocked people and make everybody fall....

China got DQ for impeding Korea at end...

absolute joke of a ruling ...Hometown BS

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Easy to see they favored Korea for earlier incident this week...
ridiculous stuff but it is what it is.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I have no idea why China got DSQ and South Korea remained gold after they made the whole mess. Nice silver for Italy but... oh well. Nederland's bronze... :biglaugh:

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm also curious if there's any formal appeal/protest possible.
Most of the time id hate it call it being a sore loser but this is pretty extreme. I don't understand it at all....
No appeal; once you leave the ice, that's it.

Short track just embarrasses itself at the Olympics with the fact that the interpretation and application of the rules make the NHL's handling of goalie interference look flawless.

Oct 18, 2006
That North Korean skater in the 500meter is an ***hole. Falls on his own during the start and tries to take out the Japanese skater then on the restart he again tries to shove the Japanese guy over before again wiping himself out.
Saw this and totally agree. Massively reckless and glad he got penalised even if he didn't qualify to begin with. Stupid stuff.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
I rewatched the 3000m relay a couple of times... and again I cannot understand the ruling. The f***!

Edit: okay, Canada supposed obstruction at the very end was indeed stupid but not as bad as I thoght. The chinese skater in the last sprint puts her hand on the korean, true, but it doesn't look like it really affected the outcome of the sprint. BUT, not only the korean's fall clearly made the canadian fall, but also I could see that a korean skater which gave the change previously CLEARLY obstructed the italian, causing the italian to lose a good 3-4 metres.
Okay, let's forget the fall, but how about the obstruction? That was way worse than the canadian at the end (check it, 3:27 into the race).

I checked the medal count and I was quite surprised to see Korea with so few: only 7 total and 3 golds (before the 3000m relaxy); on the other hand they had multiple letdowns, especially in the short track where they are usually the leaders. So I guess the "home factor" played quite a role in this.

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
That North Korean skater in the 500meter is an ***hole. Falls on his own during the start and tries to take out the Japanese skater then on the restart he again tries to shove the Japanese guy over before again wiping himself out.

I missed both, any video of it? These north koreans are train wrecks, but I kinda understand them: it's really "live or die" for them sometimes...

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I missed both, any video of it? These north koreans are train wrecks, but I kinda understand them: it's really "live or die" for them sometimes...
Didn't you just say in the Biathlon thread that the North Korean in the short track was dirtier than Windisch and you didn't see the video? That's the reason I came into this thread. ;)

Last edited:

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Didn't you just say in the Biathloon thread that the North Korean in the short track was dirtier than Windisch and you didn't see the video? That's the reason I cameinto this thread. ;)

Actually saw live the first one (the italian commentators were quite amused at the DPRK athlete try to take down the japanese) and missed the second due to italian coverage of the biathlon. I hope to see them both again though. Yeah, you got me here :(

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
It's pretty funny to say but Italy should have been gold and all the others DSQ, first of all Korea. That could have been a sort of Bradbury relay as Italy was trailing and there was a gap between us and everybody else before the mess :lol: :lol: :lol:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Actually saw live the first one (the italian commentators were quite amused at the DPRK athlete try to take down the japanese) and missed the second due to italian coverage of the biathlon. I hope to see them both again though. Yeah, you got me here :(
No worries. From all I read the North Korean skater was dirtier. I need to wait for the Germans to get a video up.

Last edited:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No appeal; once you leave the ice, that's it.

Short track just embarrasses itself at the Olympics with the fact that the interpretation and application of the rules make the NHL's handling of goalie interference look flawless.

yah the only way you can appeal is at rink surface. (I'm surprised Canada didn't do this because they have before). I don't understand how Canada gets penalized when Korea's fall resulted in all that chaos. honestly.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
at any rate I know this was Marianne's last Olympics but i hope she comes back and has a real last Olympics because being Elise Christie'd in your final Olympics sucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad