2018 Pyeongchang Olympics | FREESTYLE SKIING | Feb 9th - 23rd

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
My memory is failing me these days but is it usually this way with the Winter Olympics? So many events underway before the opening ceremonies?

Seems irregular to me and I can't remember this usually being the case but I may just be forgetting.
Moguls and Ski Jumping usually have there qualifications beforehand. Curling this is the first time as they needed all the time they can with the addition of the mixed doubles. Not 100% sure about the team event in figure skating but that was probably brought in once they introduced that as well.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
The four sports that have events before the ceremonies:

Curling: Never used to be this way, but with the addition of the mixed doubles event (which obviously uses the same venue) it now starts earlier. Looks like they could have moved it up to start the day of the ceremonies as apposed to the day before the ceremonies though as the Women's medal round will lag one day behind the Men's (they may have decided to keep them like that way to have more games at prime times.

Moguls: I don't know why this starts early. I see no reason why it should. However it did start early in 2014 as well. One possible explanation is the new big air event in snowboarding. I took the "virtual tour" of the park on the Olympic website, and it shows the venues for all the freestyle skiing events, and all of the snowboarding events except big air. Perhaps the mogul venue will be converted to the big air venue?

Sk Jumping: Again I don't know why this starts early. All the Ski Jumping will be finished on the 19th.

Figure Skating: The venue is being used for short track as well. Although there are a couple days where there are both going on, and a couple days where neither is going on. It certainly looks like they could fit it all in without forcing anyone to compete too close together. It was early last time too, and that was when the team event was added.

Also of note Snowboarding was early last time.
Ah, got it. Thank you very much. :)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The better US skiers showed that round...a couple flukes in the prior one with Schild scoring the best, not surprised she did not advance. The snow may cause someone to fluke their way to a medal here possibly.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Damn, Justine looked like she was going to cry for Andi there...

shortshorts

Oct 29, 2008
So close for Justine...

Feel bad for Naude. She went too big on the first jump. You could tell she was too amped.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Ok while watching this event I was saying to myself why won't these girls do some harder tricks since it was the last run and you should leave it all out there instead of doing the same tricks over and over again........and then Naude goes for it all and crashes out and doesn't medal... :( :eviltongu :pout:

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Ok while watching this event I was saying to myself why won't these girls do some harder tricks since it was the last run and you should leave it all out there instead of doing the same tricks over and over again........and then Naude goes for it all and crashes out and doesn't medal... :( :eviltongu :pout:

i know. i honestly felt that was a gold medal run, too. Poor Andi.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
poor Marquis...trying this shit with a TORE ACL....frking Warrior he his.

His knee collapsed on that 1st jump.

THE KING was very bad this morning 1st run.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
poor Marquis...trying this **** with a TORE ACL....frking Warrior he his.

His knee collapsed on that 1st jump.

THE KING was very bad this morning 1st run.

honestly that's the story right there.

My hope is that Kingsbury was playin it safe

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
omg. that Korean... I really hope he's okay. just crashed right on the mogul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad