GDT: 2018 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I gotta admit there is a lot of satisfaction in seeing the dirty ducks get pounded for 8, especially with all the dirty shit they keep trying.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I gotta admit there is a lot of satisfaction in seeing the dirty ducks get pounded for 8, especially with all the dirty **** they keep trying.

At least the Sharks made them pay on the scoreboard: 4PPG to end the game.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
I gotta admit there is a lot of satisfaction in seeing the dirty ducks get pounded for 8, especially with all the dirty **** they keep trying.
I tuned in after the conclusion of one game last night, and the first thing I saw was Perry take a run at a guy.

Hope they never win with the core of dirty players on their team.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Vanek plays for Columbus? Didn't even realize that. I forgot where he was traded at the deadline.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
And the next towels for the Sharks

qucz7dc78js01.jpg

Reactions: RRenegade and FVM

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Both goalies in the LA/Vegas series were amazing.

Must be a numb feeling after that kind of series. I mean Quick did all he could and still got swept.

Vegas Cinderella story is still going strong. Quite amazing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Who thought they had a deep roster at the beginning of the year?
Everyone was saying the day the rules were announced that they were being gifted a playoff team.

I remember a main board poll thread asking if the Oilers or Vegas would make the playoffs first before the expansion draft happened, it was still a season away at the time, and Vegas actually led that poll.

They have an entire roster of 2nd and 3rd liners. Not many true scrubs. Like I said, that depth doesn't make it all that surprising.

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Everyone was saying the day the rules were announced that they were being gifted a playoff team.

I remember a main board poll thread asking if the Oilers or Vegas would make the playoffs first before the expansion draft happened, it was still a season away at the time, and Vegas actually led that poll.

They have an entire roster of 2nd and 3rd liners. Not many true scrubs. Like I said, that depth doesn't make it all that surprising.
That was probably saying more about the ineptness of the Oilers. Vegas had the worst playoff odds and worst Stanley Cup odds of any team coming into the season. Even though they're from Vegas!

Reactions: FVM

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That was probably saying more about the ineptness of the Oilers. Vegas had the worst playoff odds and worst Stanley Cup odds of any team coming into the season. Even though they're from Vegas!
Vegas odds exist to create action... to het the action desired, they go by what people are willing to put money on and adjust accordingly.

To the avg uneducated fan placing bets, they hear the term expansion and decide no chance without reading further.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Vegas odds exist to create action... to het the action desired, they go by what people are willing to put money on and adjust accordingly.

To the avg uneducated fan placing bets, they hear the term expansion and decide no chance without reading further.
From our polls board:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/way-too-early-standings-predictions-28.2381325/
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...knights-win-in-their-inagural-season.2382287/
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...offs-or-3rd-consecutive-cup-for-pens.2393193/
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/is-vegas-a-playoff-team.2396321/

Basically no one thought they would be any good.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Lol Vegas was not gifted a playoff team. Good god, people who think that are just short-sighted and salty.

Here's the list of centers they got:
Karlsson - 3rd line C with CBJ. Career high of 9 goals.
Haula
Eakin - 3rd line C with Dallas. (I viewed him as their best C at the start of the season. Oops.)
Bellemare - 4th line C with Flyers.

There defense has been rock solid but no one expected that at the start of the year with Schmidt being their #1D. Fleury is the only real superstar on that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad