GDT: 2018 Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Leafs gifted a PP, puck was clearly off the glass, but they called a delay of game. The NHL seems to love review so much, but they don't look at that. Then Toronto scores on the PP.

The worst thing for the league would be for Tor to get swept in the 1st round.

I'm not in favor of expanding replay at all. So I'll take the rare delay of game that shouldn't be if the refs miss the call.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The worst thing for the league would be for Tor to get swept in the 1st round.

I'm not in favor of expanding replay at all. So I'll take the rare delay of game that shouldn't be if the refs miss the call.
Oh make no mistake, I hate replay.

I just find it funny that they'll spend 10 minutes dissecting an "offside" to see if a skate was a millimeter in the zone, but won't use it for something like this that would take about 30 seconds to correct.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh make no mistake, I hate replay.

I just find it funny that they'll spend 10 minutes dissecting an "offside" to see if a skate was a millimeter in the zone, but won't use it for something like this that would take about 30 seconds to correct.

85 slow-mo frame by frame replays later to make sure it didn't hit a stick, glass, netting, player, etc. 30 secs turns into 4 minutes.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
85 slow-mo frame by frame replays later to make sure it didn't hit a stick, glass, netting, player, etc. 30 secs turns into 4 minutes.
My theory for video review in all sports has always been: The refs get to watch the replay two more times, at full speed, from different angles. If you can't tell in those two additional viewings that you OBVIOUSLY made the wrong call, stick with the call on the ice/field/court/etc.

Instant replay should be there to correct glaring mistakes. The ones that everyone sees on the replay and obviously knows it was wrong.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Wabit

May 23, 2016
My theory for video review in all sports has always been: The refs get to watch the replay two more times, at full speed, from different angles. If you can't tell in those two additional viewings that you OBVIOUSLY made the wrong call, stick with the call on the ice/field/court/etc.

Instant replay should be there to correct glaring mistakes. The ones that everyone sees on the replay and obviously knows it was wrong.

I'm not disagreeing with you, it's good in theory. But the reality is that replay takes forever for everything.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Watching the Bos/Tor game after the Wild/Jets and Preds/Avs is night and day for hockey.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
3-0 Avs 1 min left in the 1st. They are fun to watch, but scare me as a Playoff opponent this year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Man, you switch to the San Jose game and you feel like you're watching from the International Space Station

Neither have SJS or ANA have good camera angles.

Side note are you doing the GDT for G4?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nashville with a 2 min 5v3. Down 4-0 but this could get them back in the game.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Sharks about to join Vegas up 3-0. Those Pacific division series are competitive.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Sharks about to join Vegas up 3-0. Those Pacific division series are competitive.

Quick is the only reason the Vegas/LA series looks close on the scoreboard. MAF isn't a slouch or anything, but Vegas has been all over LA for game-play.

The Ducks forgot to show up for their series.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Yeah, expand replay but put it on a timer. 30-45 seconds and go.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's looking like SJS vs Vegas in the 2nd round from the Pacific. I don't see either LA or the Ducks coming back and winning 4 straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad