2018 off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Well it depends on cost, but id love to add Pageau and Stone to our top 9.
Hextall needs to chat with Holmgren on how to offer sheet Stone!

5 years at 7.5 million per...costs us a 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Melnyk would not like the idea of paying 20 million to Stone the next 2 years!

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah. It still wouldn't be cheap to acquire Stone, but it might be doable. I don't know that the Sens would care to part with Stone at all, though. It's probably unlikely. But even just MacArthur+Pageau would be fine with me, and it shouldn't cost you anything in real assets.

If they trade Karlsson, every vet on that team should ask to be traded.

Reactions: Tripod

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Karlsson caused "locker room issues" so I think some players might actually be happy with his departure

Umm, pardon? I haven't heard that anywhere, though I haven't been actively tracking this awful story. Dorion said that Hoffman had to be traded because the locker room was broken. Who is laying the blame at Karlsson's feet?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I’m curious. Hextall had space to make a deal for s cap dump if he wanted. Especially to add another player. He elected not to. Maybe he is up to something?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Umm, pardon? I haven't heard that anywhere, though I haven't been actively tracking this awful story. Dorion said that Hoffman had to be traded because the locker room was broken. Who is laying the blame at Karlsson's feet?

Dang, I'm not even sure how to find it at this point. I think one of the TSN guys hinted at it on twitter?

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I don't think Hextall would sign JVR to a huge long term deal or any other player to a long term deal unless he is an elite talent. Hextall would be trying to make trades for ROR/EK/or even someone like Nugent-Hopkins before doing that.

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
I’m curious. Hextall had space to make a deal for s cap dump if he wanted. Especially to add another player. He elected not to. Maybe he is up to something?
giphy.gif

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I will say this that makes me think he is doing a deal that has not been leaked yet.

For almost 4 years, we never heard of Hextall rumours....yet lately respectable guys are mentioning Hextall like in ROR deal.

Hextall also never talks about deals....yet he made sure to mention JT and wished he had the chance to talk with him.

Then he ALSO clarifies that he WOULD sign an ELITE guy to a 7/8 year deal...and smiled when doing so apparently. Who bother doing this at all if you have nothing on the horizon.

I could be wrong, but I think he has a deal lined up. Time will tell.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yost saying Collin Miller or Shea Theodore could be part of potential Vegas for Karlsson deal. Also mentioned after July 1 Clrakson becomes a possibility for salary reasons.

I’m sorry but if they get EK for shit, Hexy didn’t do his job. I would be more than willing to take Ryan on for EK. As long as they take salary back. Which could be a Gudas or Macdonald.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I remember hearing things about Karlsson too. Somebody did imply he wasn’t perfect either.

It's like finding a needle in a haystack. There was such a shitstorm and one TSN guy responded to a comment on Twitter about whether Hoffman or Karlsson were causing issues and he simply said "both" or something to that effect.

So who knows. It's tenuous like the Hamilton nonsense

WestrnPhlyr

Go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
Jul 17, 2015
NW Inland Empire
So I'm guessing I should just prepare myself now for the fact that the site will be a complete crap-show tomorrow?
Hard to get into. If I do get in and try to post anything have it either disappear or hit "post reply" multiple times and have the post show up multiple times....that kind of thing.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Yost saying Collin Miller or Shea Theodore could be part of potential Vegas for Karlsson deal. Also mentioned after July 1 Clrakson becomes a possibility for salary reasons.

I’m sorry but if they get EK for ****, Hexy didn’t do his job. I would be more than willing to take Ryan on for EK. As long as they take salary back. Which could be a Gudas or Macdonald.
AMAc is a non starter considering how much REAL money his owed.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

I’m sorry but if they get EK for ****, Hexy didn’t do his job. I would be more than willing to take Ryan on for EK. As long as they take salary back. Which could be a Gudas or Macdonald.

I don't get the Tampa Bay part because they can't take on Ryan, and Dorion was supposed to have made a mandate not to trade within the division.

You'd have to be banking on compliance buyouts coming in the next CBA to take on Bobby Ryan, though.

Reactions: BernieParent
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad