2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
On a similar note, Sean Durzi is having a hell of a start to his season in Owen Sound. He went undrafted last year but is still eligible this year. I've always liked his game, he does nothing really spectacular but he handles the puck well and he always seems to make the right play. A bit on the small side for a Dman but not ridiculously so.

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
giphy.gif
More dahlin

giphy.gif

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Sergachev isn't getting huge minutes but he now has 5 points and at this point there's no way Tampa sends him back to junior. Must be nice to be able to develop players with a bunch of stars like Kucherov, Stamkos and Hedman around.

I mention this because barring injury he should play 40+ games so we should keep that Washington 2nd rounder and have three 2nds. Bergevin better not start making desperate trades with picks. The 2018 draft will be crucial for this team.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada
Sergachev isn't getting huge minutes but he now has 5 points and at this point there's no way Tampa sends him back to junior. Must be nice to be able to develop players with a bunch of stars like Kucherov, Stamkos and Hedman around.

I mention this because barring injury he should play 40+ games so we should keep that Washington 2nd rounder and have three 2nds. Bergevin better not start making desperate trades with picks. The 2018 draft will be crucial for this team.

Watch Sergachev stay up with the Bolts all season long only to play 39 games due to injury or something :nod: #ThatTypeOfYear

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Is Dahlin's defensive game elite too?
Not as good as his game with the puck on his stick at the moment but he tries hard, I'm not too worried. His skating allows him to always be in position on defense, it's just that some of his reads tend to be off. He's still learning to use his size too, sometimes he's a bit too hesitant to play the body. It will all come in due time, his tools are legit.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

I concur...Im fine with taking a year off...make some changes..retool

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I love Brady Tkachuk. He's my type of player.

I'm quite sure if Brady Tkachuk is available when the Habs pick they will draft him, unless the Habs are picking 1st OV then it would be Dahlin, don't see the Habs picking in the Top Ten though.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I could definitely spend the season getting excited about the draft and watching young players develop. If they can't right the ship in the coming weeks, I really hope that this happens, not talking a huge rebuild, but trade guys like Petry and Patch, draft in the top 5 and try to make the playoffs next year.. Is this year's draft much stronger than last?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Right now, the players in the top 15 of ISS that I like best are, in ISS order-
Dahlin
Svechnikov
Veleno (I like but wouldn't take top 10)
Tkachuk
Zadina
Boqvist
Kupari
Wahlstrom
Wilde

Dahlin, Boqvist or Wilde would certainly be a great fit for a new age defense.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Will watch Kupari in a bit. Pompeius seems to have the KalPa duty on lock down. And plus they're just f***in' unwatchable this year. Ikonen is playing with honest to goodness beer leaguers.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Right now, the players in the top 15 of ISS that I like best are, in ISS order-
Dahlin
Svechnikov
Veleno (I like but wouldn't take top 10)
Tkachuk
Zadina
Boqvist
Kupari
Wahlstrom
Wilde

Dahlin, Boqvist or Wilde would certainly be a great fit for a new age defense.
I don't follow juniors as much as you do. Any great top line centers in that list? I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't want MB drafting another stud d-man or goalie or winger and then trade him for anything but a top line center

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I don't follow juniors as much as you do. Any great top line centers in that list? I don't want to sound like a broken record but I don't want MB drafting another stud d-man or goalie or winger and then trade him for anything but a top line center

If someone would like to correct me I would appreciate it, but Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are both currently projected to be wingers. That leaves the only center as Kupari. There's another finnish center, Jesperi Kotkaniemi. They're both playing center/wing on their teams now. Between the two, right now, I prefer Kotkaniemi but I'm not convinced that I want either of them with a top 10 pick.

It will be telling for me how those two play at the WJC and U18. They're both physically overmatched in Liiga and I get the impression that this is affecting their play and what they're willing to attempt.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Theres no real top end center to be had. Theres more project guys that could be something that would be better drafted after the top 15. It's really the draft of the D and W.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's definitely not the year of the first line potential center, especially in the top 15. Veleno is the only one that comes close and I'm not sure I'll have him in my top 15 by the time the draft comes. It all depends on where we actually end up obviously.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Kupari defoes playing center tonight.

Just scored his 3rd goal. Not a pretty one, but he went hard to the net with his stick down and was rewarded. The puck bounced up and off his shoulder/chest into the net.

Last edited:
Reactions: WeThreeKings

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
If this year goes sour, and assuming we aren't picking top 2, I'd love, love to add Brady Tkachuk. I think he'd be an absolute stud for us as a power winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad