2018 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I personally don't have Kupari as a top 10 guy right meow. Not that I have a finalized list right now, but I don't think of him as a guy that I really want to spend a top 10 pick on today.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I personally don't have Kupari as a top 10 guy right meow. Not that I have a finalized list right now, but I don't think of him as a guy that I really want to spend a top 10 pick on today.

It’s not a good year for centres. Of course, since the Habs need three.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It’s not a good year for centres. Of course, since the Habs need three.

Ryan Poehling has been averaging almost 2pts. a game in the NCAA, very promising Centerman. Drouin has only had 10 games at center, he appears to have plenty of promise as a #1 Center. The Habs are 30th OV in the NHL, which puts them in prime position for a possible Top Five pick. *Rasmus Dahlin*(LHD) being #1, then Boqvist(RHD) or Brady Tkachuk(LW/C) if somehow the Habs can get another Top Ten pick, Joe (Poison) Veleno (LHC) gets the nod here. The Habs getting Dahlin & Veleno would be a great draft by itself, possibly trading for a 1st round pick with our 3 - 2nd rounders + roster player, could position the Habs for Veleno. Having Drouin - Poehling - Veleno as their Top 3 centers in 2-3yrs., sounds pretty good(Danault as the defensive/energy center), especially with Weber, Mete, Alzner, Petry, Dahlin & Lernout as our defence pairings, Price in nets.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
You don't draft a center just to draft a center.

If you can get a franchise defenseman over a 2nd/3rd line centerman you have to draft the defenseman.

The draft is loaded with top defenseman. I know it sucks because we need top offensive center but you have to be wise and have a longterm vision in this case.

Reactions: Clearedwaivers

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dahlin could have a very similar impact to Karlsson. So yeah, he's the guy you take.

Rebuilding will take a few years of pain and during one of those years, you hope you're able to grab a top line centre.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Dahlin could have a very similar impact to Karlsson. So yeah, he's the guy you take.

Rebuilding will take a few years of pain and during one of those years, you hope you're able to grab a top line centre.

Svech getting injured was a major disappointment. How are we gonna make hot takes if Dahlin is so dominant over the rest?

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
As good as Svechnikov is ( and he's an amazing talent) Dahlin is the superior prospect, injury or not. The argument you can make is how to rank the rest of the top 5 after him . How good is Boqvist ? Who's the better pro prospect between Zadina and Svechnikov ? etc.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think the #2 in this draft is about as clear as the #1. Svech is a hockey savant. The U18's should be fun to watch this year with so many returning top prospects (Dahlin not among them). Svech, the finns, Boqvist who were all good at last year's.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You don't draft a center just to draft a center.

If you can get a franchise defenseman over a 2nd/3rd line centerman you have to draft the defenseman.

The draft is loaded with top defenseman. I know it sucks because we need top offensive center but you have to be wise and have a longterm vision in this case.

Montreal needs a franchise D-man just as badly as a center, if not more so.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah the decision gets tough at #3. Right now it’s between Tkachuk and Zadina in my mind though I understand why some love Boqvist.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah the decision gets tough at #3. Right now it’s between Tkachuk and Zadina in my mind though I understand why some love Boqvist.

Right now I'd take Boqvist. But there's so much time, I wouldn't be surprised if Bode Wilde jumps Boqvist.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
As good as Svechnikov is ( and he's an amazing talent) Dahlin is the superior prospect, injury or not. The argument you can make is how to rank the rest of the top 5 after him . How good is Boqvist ? Who's the better pro prospect between Zadina and Svechnikov ? etc.

Agreed. If we pick #1, Dahlin would be my target. Then we surgically tank for Hughes in 2019 :)

Reactions: ArsHabs

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I've posted this elsewhere, not sure if I've posted it in this thread, but both Michigan and BU have freely available live streams for their games. You can watch Tkachuk play against Denver tonight here

https://watchstadium.com/live/denver-at-boston-university/

you can watch Quinton Hughes tomorrow against Penn State here

http://www.mgoblue.com/watch/?Archive=10516&sport=11&category=4&type=Live

Thanks for this. Will keep an eye out.

On another note, anyone know why Wilde isn't playing with Michigan this year? Thought he commited.
Would've been nice to watch both him and Hughes there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad