Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion: Final Countdown! Tomorrow is the big day!

Who is BPA available at 24?

• Benoit-Oliver Groulx - C

• Jacob Olofsson - C

• Dominik Bokk - C

• Ryan Merkley - RD

• Rasmus Sandin - LD

• Jett Woo -RD

• Miller LD/Samuellsson LD/Thomas LW (3/8 appearances)

• Liam Foudy - C

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
They trusted the guy who got them Soshnikov (Namestinkovs dad) and though he was a safe bet.

I really wanted Boris Katchouk. I’m still optimistic about both guys we got in the 2nd, just not to the extent I would pass on a potentially elite winger like Denisenko.
was thinking about this today - we got boxed out pretty badly this series and Nylander in particular had a tough time playing inside the box. I've heard a lot of Nylander comps for Denisenko, if it comes to picking between two similarly ranked guys like Denisenko and Serron Noel, are we wise to try to add some of that inside the box element?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
was thinking about this today - we got boxed out pretty badly this series and Nylander in particular had a tough time playing inside the box. I've heard a lot of Nylander comps for Denisenko, if it comes to picking between two similarly ranked guys like Denisenko and Serron Noel, are we wise to try to add some of that inside the box element?
Draft the most talented played. If he turns out as Nylander he had way more talent than a pick in the 20s, or we have a cheap relacemebnt.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Draft the most talented played. If he turns out as Nylander he had way more talent than a pick in the 20s, or we have a cheap relacemebnt.
would think that Noel & Denisenko would be considered similarly talented, like choosing between winger version of Nylander and Blake Wheeler in the best case scenarios, if they tiered together in our draft board I don't know which way I'd go. Denisenko seems like the sexy pick, but we shouldn't need much help getting to the playoffs from here on in so I might be tempted to go for the guy who could help more in the playoffs

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Another long off season, and only have to draft to look forward to again... depressing sometimes.

We made progress, but our weaknesses are glaring. Need to be rid of DJ Smith, and to turn Gardiner into a young defenseman and a pick, if possible. We need to re-think our defensive approach. Babcock has his forwards coming back to play D, but the defense is completely letting us down. Maybe bring Keefe up to coach defense from the minors, and look to Samuellsson in the draft.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I think we're 25 right now

If San Jose win next round we drop one, if Pittsburgh (pick owned by Ottawa) win the next round we drop one again so were going to be one of 23-24-25

Yeah seeing that now...don't want Pittsburgh to win the cup lol.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We made progress, but our weaknesses are glaring. Need to be rid of DJ Smith, and to turn Gardiner into a young defenseman and a pick, if possible. We need to re-think our defensive approach. Babcock has his forwards coming back to play D, but the defense is completely letting us down. Maybe bring Keefe up to coach defense from the minors, and look to Samuellsson in the draft.

Defenseman that can skate and have a clue in there own zone plus some bigger bodied physical forwards are definite needs

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Another long off season, and only have to draft to look forward to again... depressing sometimes.

Anything is better than the finishing 9th days while hearing the GM saying "we were only 2 points away!". At least now all of the moves are obvious and the plan is clear.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015

If San Jose win next round we drop one, if Pittsburgh (pick owned by Ottawa) win the next round we drop one again so were going to be one of 23-24-25
Pens beating the caps is a given. Caps are in permanent choke mode.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

thats good news, those couple of spots seem important, looks like there's a pretty good chance of Denisenko/Noel/Kupari/Kravtsov fallers in the earlier 20's

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
thats good news, those couple of spots seem important, looks like there's a pretty good chance of Denisenko/Noel/Kupari/Kravtsov fallers in the earlier 20's

I'd look at Wilde if he dropped, McIssac may drop into that area but I'm not sold on him, Samuelsson and Alexeyev become targets as well

Kravtsov would be my first target out of everybody on both lists though

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'd look at Wilde if he dropped, McIssac may drop into that area but I'm not sold on him, Samuelsson and Alexeyev become targets as well

Kravtsov would be my first target out of everybody on both lists though
agree on Wilde, and on Kravtsov being at the top of the heap. I'm not big on McIsaac

23 would put is in a good spot to get someone we really like I think, feels like those couple of picks could be a tier drop off

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
agreed, and now we've suffered the same fate that everyone was worried that we would without them but don't have the extra assets. it's a small hang up but another 3-5 picks in the first 2 rounds would have been good

Agreed. A few more picks to either draft or use to move up in the draft.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad