Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion: Final Countdown! Tomorrow is the big day!

Who is BPA available at 24?

• Benoit-Oliver Groulx - C

• Jacob Olofsson - C

• Dominik Bokk - C

• Ryan Merkley - RD

• Rasmus Sandin - LD

• Jett Woo -RD

• Miller LD/Samuellsson LD/Thomas LW (3/8 appearances)

• Liam Foudy - C

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckWoods

Sep 13, 2009
I like Miller's potential quite a bit. I like Woo in a trade back scenario. Most of the forwards seem mediocre and their production doesnt look good

I agree.

Rare detailed post incoming....

On the back end of this first round I believe we will be looking at a quality defender.

Boqvist is a trade up candidate for Dubas. Hes apparently a big fan and could easily move up considering his relationship with Lou. I believe he will be there at 11 and a call will certainly be made. 25+Connor Brown+ gets Lou listening. Leaf fans will balk at the idea of that package but Boqvist is a great grab at this point and we are wing heavy.

Millers raw tools are so hard to pass up that I dont think he makes it to 25, but hes deffinatelty in the 20-25 range for me.

Wilde is nearly Merkley territory for me. I doubt Dubas selects either Wilde or Merkley as he is focused on IQ and personality to pair with an elite skillset as well. Neither check off that mark but one or both could be there.

Sandin is interesting because he reminds me of Galchenyuk during his draft year in terms of skating ability. He can get around the ice but needs some mechanical tweeks. If he is there at 25, I see us taking him.

Woo, Addison, Samuelsson and Alexeyev all have their holes but I do believe Woo could be a sleeper here. He is a trade down candidate as I do believe his injuries may play into his draft stock, similar to what we have seen in Timmy L. He already has NHL size, a right shot and a good stick. I see this kid as a steal at this point. Thats my personal opinion but he reminds me so much of PK Subban at this point. BUT here is where I play it safe very much like Dreger and say I wouldnt be shocked if someone “reaches” and picks him in the teens. (Ie. Philly)

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I agree.

Rare detailed post incoming....

On the back end of this first round I believe we will be looking at a quality defender.

Boqvist is a trade up candidate for Dubas. Hes apparently a big fan and could easily move up considering his relationship with Lou. I believe he will be there at 11 and a call will certainly be made. 25+Connor Brown+ gets Lou listening. Leaf fans will balk at the idea of that package but Boqvist is a great grab at this point and we are wing heavy.

Millers raw tools are so hard to pass up that I dont think he makes it to 25, but hes deffinatelty in the 20-25 range for me.

Wilde is nearly Merkley territory for me. I doubt Dubas selects either Wilde or Merkley as he is focused on IQ and personality to pair with an elite skillset as well. Neither check off that mark but one or both could be there.

Sandin is interesting because he reminds me of Galchenyuk during his draft year in terms of skating ability. He can get around the ice but needs some mechanical tweeks. If he is there at 25, I see us taking him.

Woo, Addison, Samuelsson and Alexeyev all have their holes but I do believe Woo could be a sleeper here. He is a trade down candidate as I do believe his injuries may play into his draft stock, similar to what we have seen in Timmy L. He already has NHL size, a right shot and a good stick. I see this kid as a steal at this point. Thats my personal opinion but he reminds me so much of PK Subban at this point. BUT here is where I play it safe very much like Dreger and say I wouldnt be shocked if someone “reaches” and picks him in the teens. (Ie. Philly)

Welcome back Chuck. Miss your insider info around these parts. Would love to get Boquist depending on the price.

Last edited:

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
Would be off the charts happy if we moved up to get Boqvist. Would Connor Brown + 25th overall really get it done? Me thinks we'd have to throw in 2nd rounder.

Rielly - Liljegren
Dermott - Boqvist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad