Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Entry Draft Discussion: Final Countdown! Tomorrow is the big day!

Who is BPA available at 24?

• Benoit-Oliver Groulx - C

• Jacob Olofsson - C

• Dominik Bokk - C

• Ryan Merkley - RD

• Rasmus Sandin - LD

• Jett Woo -RD

• Miller LD/Samuellsson LD/Thomas LW (3/8 appearances)

• Liam Foudy - C

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Mirtle wrote in his story that they were interested in McLeod but that will change with Dubas in charge.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
With Dubas in charge I can see us being pretty active and creative, kind of like Chayka in Arizona. Either moving up, down, or out all together are all on the table I would imagine.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't think I'd trust anything said from Mirtle now anymore than I'd trust what Dreger said when Nonis was GM.

What's that got to do with anything?

I'm not sure what's controversial about him saying we've been watching and interviewing McLeod a lot? It's in our pick range so it's hardly surprising we were interested

Reactions: pacman25

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
You should trust what Mirtle says now more then ever.

You know what I mean. Dreger would get inside info for being a mouthpiece.

If a "Hunter wanted some crappy player" story comes out from Mirtle it has to be taken with a grain of salt. If the story is that Ron Francis will be hired then yeah you should believe it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Not a smart way to operate.

Well it drove me nuts
Telegraphing what your up to is just moronic

You know what I mean. Dreger would get inside info for being a mouthpiece.

If a "Hunter wanted some crappy player" story comes out from Mirtle it has to be taken with a grain of salt. If the story is that Ron Francis will be hired then yeah you should believe it.

McLeod isn't a "crappy player" he's just a guy with attributes that Dubas doesn't value as highly as Hunter

It was just an example on how the two guys differ and how they couldn't work together rather than a hit piece

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Well it drove me nuts
Telegraphing what your up to is just moronic

McLeod isn't a "crappy player" he's just a guy with attributes that Dubas doesn't value as highly as Hunter

It was just an example on how the two guys differ and how they couldn't work together rather than a hit piece

Hoping Shanahan told him to shut his lip. The way Lou operated was smarter.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Mirtle started the article off with a bang giving the McLeod tidbit. Then it went nowhere. Basically speculating Dubas would be looking at a different type of player, but no hints or guesses.

So then will he go for a homerun type like Denisenko or Bokk?

He also emphasized how Dubas ran the 2015 draft and orchestrated the move down in a moneyball type fashion. Gotta wonder if that will be the case again.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
With Dubas in charge I can see us being pretty active and creative, kind of like Chayka in Arizona. Either moving up, down, or out all together are all on the table I would imagine.
Dubas is 5x the GM of Chayka

Dubas rebuilt the soo in the CHL from a laughing stock to a contender

Dubas was in charge of the Marlies and they’re historically good.

Dubas had multiple teams offer him jobs....

The thing with Dubas is he’s a new age thinker but he also knows the game when you factor his resume.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hoping Shanahan told him to shut his lip. The way Lou operated was smarter.

That's one of the best things Lou brought to the organisation, I love not having leaks all over the place

Mirtle started the article off with a bang giving the McLeod tidbit. Then it went nowhere. Basically speculating Dubas would be looking at a different type of player, but no hints or guesses.

So then will he go for a homerun type like Denisenko or Bokk?

He also emphasized how Dubas ran the 2015 draft and orchestrated the move down in a moneyball type fashion. Gotta wonder if that will be the case again.

My opinion

We'll take a homerun cut in the first based on upside and the big non producing Defensemen in the mid rounds are a thing of the past

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
That's one of the best things Lou brought to the organisation, I love not having leaks all over the place

My opinion

We'll take a homerun cut in the first based on upside and the big non producing Defensemen in the mid rounds are a thing of the past

I have a feeling he will prioritize quick and speedy players late like Johnsson and Kapanen types.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
Here's how I see three pitential options (not including trading out).

Trade up: Dobson (possibly Wilde or Veleno but not really)

Stay put: Denisenko, Kravtsov, Lundestrom (possibly Thomas).

Trade down: Two of Dellandrea, Berggren, Regula, Kaut, Miller, Tychonick, Bernard-Docker, Lundkvist, Woo, Groulx, Morozov, Hallander, Ollofsson, McCain, Albin, McGlaughlin, Romanov.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I have a feeling he will prioritize quick and speedy players late like Johnsson and Kapanen types.

I could definitely see that, I don't think he's going to worry about size much

I'm thinking more like the 2015 draft, speed skill and production
With a potential trade down somewhere

HC7

May 2, 2018
It becomes more and more likely that the Leafs look for players such as Merkley and Wise. Very happy with Hunter being released.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

My opinion

It was more boring for fans and such but it was the smarter way to go.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
It becomes more and more likely that the Leafs look for players such as Merkley and Wise. Very happy with Hunter being released.

Very UNLIKELY that we look to add poor character players to the mix. Merkley will almost certainly be someone else's headache.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Very UNLIKELY that we look to add poor character players to the mix. Merkley will almost certainly be someone else's headache.

Yeah, I agree. I think Dubas will do things differently but I don't think he'll be reckless enough to go for someone like Merkley.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

My opinion

I hope so, 1 giant dman per draft is fine but our last few drafts have had 2+. I get you need 5 and hope one pans out but I don’t like that they were obviously targeting a giant dman and hoping so much. Higher ceiling in terms of skill and skating has so much more chance of panning out than low scoring jnr dmen who are 6’5” or bigger

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto

Please be so. I don’t want Merkley even with our 2nd, everything about him screams “highly skilled player who couldn’t put it together”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad