GDT: 2018 NHL Draft

Who do the Canucks choose: Dobson or Boqvist?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobi Wan Kenobi

May 25, 2011
Vancouver
Do you really think this team will have a chance at those players this year? This thread will be dead by midseason. It'd be great to get Dahlin though

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Tried to search some older posts and it didn't work. Now how can we hold people accountable for being wrong on the internet?

Nah it's still possible just takes a little longer.

6) Nick Ritchie
24) Brendan Lemieux
36) Thatcher Demko
50) Roland McKeown (would't have traded this pick)
66) Alexis Vanier
126) Dysin Mayo
156) Edgars Kulda
186) Vladimir Tkachev

:sarcasm:

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
I'd still take Haydn Fleury over Virtanen though. :surrender
Fleury
Keller
Pettersson

I'm not looking too good on these top 10 picks. Batting .500 with peterson still up for debate.

2014: Didn't follow draft
2015: DeBrusk
2016: Bean
2017: Mittlestadt

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Ritchie would have been my pick. 3rd ranked player on that list.

Still better than Bean over Tkachuk. And IIRC you ranked Bean 4th ;)

I did, over Dubois and Tkachuk.

1:Matthews
2:Laine
3:Pulj
4:Bean
5:Dubois
6:Nylander
7:McLoed
8:Jost
9:Chychrun
10:Tkachuk
11:Juolevi
12:Sergachev
13:Keller

That was my list. I can see some clear fails here. Keller too low, McLoed too high, Tkachuk too low. I still am a huge fan of Bean, and I think he will be a 50 point defenseman.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
You're looking really good here. Minnesota had a bunch of guys return this year, and they are playing in the weak BIG 10.

Yeah, but I didn't really follow the draft that much. So I'm completely fine with the Pettersson pick. Kind of like I was fine with the Boeser pick.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
With all the hype surrounding some of the other players in his draft I completely forgot about Dubois. Don't think I heard his name all year. I'm even having a brain fart trying to remember who drafted him. Did he go back to Junior? What kind of year did he have?

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
With all the hype surrounding some of the other players in his draft I completely forgot about Dubois. Don't think I heard his name all year. I'm even having a brain fart trying to remember who drafted him. Did he go back to Junior? What kind of year did he have?

He had a bad year apparently.
Started in Cape Breton and was one of their captains and just struggled.
They traded him, he caught fire right after being traded , then cooled off big time, and had a decent playoffs.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Dead at y2k wanting 6'3 235 farmboy Ritchie over Nylander/Ehlers

2014 - Ehlers
2015- Boeser
2016 -Tkachuk/Keller
2017 - Pettersson
2018 - Kotkaniemi (Assuming no top 2 pick)

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Best d-man at the Hlinka. Big fan of Boqvist. When I watch no questions arise about IQ so that is a good sign. Watching Merkley/McIsaac, they both make me hesitate with some of their decision-making/ defensive reads.

It's early but a guy like Jett Woo who might not have the offensive ceiling as those guys is so far advanced defensively compared to them that he might be more valuable.

Just based on limited viewings these are the prospects that would make me very happy - Dahlin, Svechnikov, Kotkaniemi, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Zadina

Super Early though, lot's can change.

Last edited:

Tv9924

Sep 16, 2012
Surrey, BC
I feel like a lot of people had warmed themselves up to Virtanen because Benning and Linden made it so obvious that they were taking him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Canucks will be in the lottery. I have no doubt about it. Most people are talking about the twins bouncing back. Please.... They are 37 now and their production has declined over the past 2 seasons from an average of 75 to 58 to 47 between them. Suddenly, we expect them to move up to 60 points between them? They now depend more and more on their winger and need mobile puck moving D to support them. Dan isn't a shooter anymore. He's more a passer. Brock is the only legit RW sniper the Canucks have, but he's an average skater speed wise. Can't be asking a rookie to cover for the twins defensively. Goalies are unproven and D lacks depth.

All down to luck. Arizona could be better with Hammer, Stepan added, plus if their young offensive talent takes another step. Depends on their goaltending. Avs and Knights, don't expect much. Avs have to deal with the Duchene situation and Vegas will sell off big time at the TDL and then plummet in the standings. East, Buffalo with a healthy Eichel should be better. Detroit, is the team that could struggle. I don't see the east as having as many low end teams as the west.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad