Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
What on earth have Tkachuk and Hayton done lately to get those rankings? Sounds suspect.

Tkachuck has had a nice year at Boston.

Not sure about Hayton. He's almost a full year younger and at nearly a point per game in the O. Decent size. Supposed to be a two-way center.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hayton is still riding out his Hlinka performance, Button always overvalues play in the international tournaments.

Otherwise I like his list for the most part.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
New list from Button

Craig seems to be getting cold feet on the small defensemen.
Boqvist at 6
Hughes at 12
Smith at 19
Yet, he has Sandin at 18. I think maybe he's a Greyhounds homer. When I saw Sandin I thought he was a forward, I won't mind him going off the board before our Vegas pick.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
New list from Button
Stolen from prospects board
Craig's List: Bouchard rocketing up draft board - Article - TSN

1 Rasmus Dahlin Frolunda (SHL) D
2 Brady Tkachuk Boston U (NCAA) LW
3 Andrei Svechnikov Barrie (OHL) RW
4 Filip Zadina Halifax (QMJHL) RW
5 Evan Bouchard London (OHL) D
6 Adam Boqvist Brynäs (SWE J20) D
7 Barrett Hayton S.S. Marie (OHL) C
8 Noah Dobson A-Bathurst (QMJHL) D
9 Oliver Wahlstrom USA NTDP (USHL) C
10 Jesperi Kotkaniemi Ässät (SM Liiga) C
11 Bode Wilde USA NTDP (USHL) D
12 Quinn Hughes Michigan (NCAA) D
13 Rasmus Kupari Kärpät (SM Liiga) C
14 Grigori Denisenko Yaroslavl (MHL) LW
15 Joel Farabee USA NTDP (USHL) LW
16 Serron Noel Oshawa (OHL) RW
17 Isac Lundestrom Luleå (SHL) C/LW
18 Rasmus Sandin S.S. Marie (OHL) D
19 Ty Smith Spokane (WHL) D
20 Akil Thomas Niagara (OHL) RW
21 Jacob Olofsson Timra (SWE-Als) C
22 Jack McBain Toronto (OJHL) C
23 Filip Hallander Timra (SWE-Als) C/LW
24 Jared McIsaac Halifax (QMJHL) D
25 Nicolas Beaudin Drummondville (QMJHL) D
26 Ryan Merkley Guelph (OHL) D
27 Joe Veleno Drummondville (QMJHL) C
28 Mattias Samuelsson USA NTDP (USHL) D
29 Albin Eriksson Skellefteå (SWE J20) LW
30 Ryan McLeod Mississuaga (OHL) C/LW
31 Benoît-Olivier Groulx Halifax (QMJHL) C

Craig seems to be getting cold feet on the small defensemen.
Boqvist at 6
Hughes at 12
Smith at 19

Nouchard at 5 and 8. Wilde at 11.

Lol, Button is not the best ranker, very bad if you ask me...

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
what dont you like about his game?

Watch a lot of BU games and personally think he gets hyped up cause his last name and the fact his brother is doing fairly well as a top 10 draft pick.

If we don’t get zadina/svech/walstrom we should look strictly D

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Only had to mock draft twice on tankathon for us to get Dahlin:banana:

every day i sim tankathon until we get Dahlin, then i leave it until the next day

yesterday was the first try, ive had some unlucky streaks were i do it like 10-15x and dont get him tho

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Want no part of tkachuk

Well, he’s exactly the type of player Tyler Wright loves, so if he’s still there watch out.

He’s not usually the type of guy I go for, but I actually like Brady quite a bit this year. Maybe not my first choice, but I wouldn’t be mad at it.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Well, he’s exactly the type of player Tyler Wright loves, so if he’s still there watch out.

He’s not usually the type of guy I go for, but I actually like Brady quite a bit this year. Maybe not my first choice, but I wouldn’t be mad at it.
If we pick 8th or so no I wouldn’t be that upset. Just think there will be more impactful players that are available that we should choose with a top 5 pick if we happen to be lucky

Reactions: jkutswings

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

Same, I think Brady is gonna be an awesome compliment to make a great line. I don't think the org takes him - I think they'd go D in that spot.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
again.. tyler wright said he's focusing on skill this year

Yeah... it was interesting to see that Zadina vs. A.Svechnikov shooting chart. Wright talked about skill guys, who can run the power-play, at half-wall of the offensive zone.

Zadina's shots came exactly from those areas, Svechnikov was more random.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not that I am Craig Button but here is my top 10. Still some season left and post-seasons for me to finalize but this is my board for you guys.

1.) Dahlin
2.) Svechnikov
3.) Hughes
4.) Tkachuk
5.) Bouchard
6.) Zadina
7.)Boqvist
8.) Wahlstrom
9.) Dobson
10.) Hayton

I really like all of those guys to be honest. This is such a good draft. I think Tkachuk's skill isn't actually getting looked at enough. He isn't just mean, he has a ton of vision and sick hands.

I don't have a problem with where Button put him at all. Also I like that he has Hayton high. Reminds me of how I felt about Horvat not long ago, kid is a very good two way player project. We shouldn't really be in a spot to consider him though.

Reactions: martinez

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Not that I am Craig Button but here is my top 10. Still some season left and post-seasons for me to finalize but this is my board for you guys.

1.) Dahlin
2.) Svechnikov
3.) Hughes
4.) Tkachuk
5.) Bouchard
6.) Zadina
7.)Boqvist
8.) Wahlstrom
9.) Dobson
10.) Hayton

I really like all of those guys to be honest. This is such a good draft. I think Tkachuk's skill isn't actually getting looked at enough. He isn't just mean, he has a ton of vision and sick hands.

I don't have a problem with where Button put him at all. Also I like that he has Hayton high. Reminds me of how I felt about Horvat not long ago, kid is a very good two way player project. We shouldn't really be in a spot to consider him though.
Not a fan of Zadina?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not a fan of Zadina?

I like a lot of the guys in this draft. I think my top 5 is pretty set in stone though.

I don't like Zadina has as much upside as Svechnikov and Tkachuk. I am really high on Hughes and Bouchard is also why I have them in front. He is a very good player, we shouldn't be upset if he is added to the ranks.

I really wish one of the big three forwards was right shot though

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
It's really funny if the draft could go like this.

Let's say, Buffalo is the dead last and also wins the lottery, their draft list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Bouchard
3. Boqvist

Strong need for defence, and of course they take Dahlin. So Dahlin is off the board.

Then Montreal wins the 2nd overall. Their list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina

They'll take Andrei Svechnikov.

Ottawa wins the 3rd overall. Their list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Zadina
3. Svechnikov

They'll pick Zadina.

Vancouver has been the 2nd last at regular season and have 4th overall. Their list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Tkachuk
3. Svechnikov

They draft Tkachuk. They missed on Matt Tkachuk, but now they got his brother.

Detroit has been the 3rd last of the regular season. Our list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Bouchard
3. Zadina
4. Svechnikov

We'll take Evan Bouchard.

Arizona has been the 4th last, but dropped to 6th overall, because Montreal and Ottawa got lucky. Their list:

1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Bouchard

They'll pick Boqvist...

This is just fantasy, but an example, how everybody could be getting their TOP2 pick in certain circumstances. Teams have different lists and these guys are so equal after Dahlin.

Reactions: jkutswings

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
It's really funny if the draft could go like this.

Let's say, Buffalo is the dead last and also wins the lottery, their draft list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Bouchard
3. Boqvist

Strong need for defence, and of course they take Dahlin. So Dahlin is off the board.

Then Montreal wins the 2nd overall. Their list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Svechnikov
3. Zadina

They'll take Andrei Svechnikov.

Ottawa wins the 3rd overall. Their list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Zadina
3. Svechnikov

They'll pick Zadina.

Vancouver has been the 2nd last at regular season and have 4th overall. Their list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Tkachuk
3. Svechnikov

They draft Tkachuk. They missed on Matt Tkachuk, but now they got his brother.

Detroit has been the 3rd last of the regular season. Our list is:

1. Dahlin
2. Bouchard
3. Zadina
4. Svechnikov

We'll take Evan Bouchard.

Arizona has been the 4th last, but dropped to 6th overall, because Montreal and Ottawa got lucky. Their list:

1. Dahlin
2. Boqvist
3. Bouchard

They'll pick Boqvist...

This is just fantasy, but an example, how everybody could be getting their TOP2 pick in certain circumstances. Teams have different lists and these guys are so equal after Dahlin.

I think taking Evan Bouchard over Svechnikov or Zadina would be a huge misfire. Yes, defense is our biggest organizational hole, but I think those two players make a larger impact than Boqvist, Bouchard, Hughes, or any of the guys after Dahlin. Obviously if we pick 4-10, defense is an absolute priority, but those are franchise wingers.

Reactions: TheMule93
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad