Prospect Info: 2018 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I'm looking a little further down the list for potential 2nd round picks, or late 1sts if we pick any up.

Anybody seen Alexey Alexeyev? 6'3" D in Red Deer. Right shot 4 assists in 3 games.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm looking a little further down the list for potential 2nd round picks, or late 1sts if we pick any up.

K’Andre Miller, Calen Addison, Milos Roman, Pavel Gogolev, Evan Bouchard, Noah Dobson, Serron Noel

I think Jared McIsaac is going to be a faller. Could be another option.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Lots of good D in this draft after Dahlin. Taken from the prospects board:

Tier One:
Rasmus Dahlin

Tier Two:
Adam Boqvist
Quinn Hughes
Ty Smith

Tier Three:
Ryan Merkley
Bode Wilde
Jared McIssac
Jett Woo

Tier Four:
K’Andre Miller
Matthias Samuelsson
Evan Bouchard
Calen Addison
Noah Dobson
Kevin Bahl

Last edited:
Reactions: HisNoodliness

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
K’Andre Miller, Calen Addison, Milos Roman, Pavel Gogolev, Evan Bouchard, Noah Dobson, Serron Noel

I think Jared McIsaac is going to be a faller. Could be another option.

Dellandrea, Kupari, McBain, Olofsson, Tychonick, Diamini, Demin, Fortier, Zavgorodny.

Just to add.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yeah, if the likely happens that we don't get Dahlin, (being pessimistic about our chances) Adam Boqvist sounds like he is going to be a really good one as well.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Lots of good D in this draft after Dahlin. Taken from the prospects board:

Tier One:
Rasmus Dahlin

Tier Two:
Adam Boqvist
Quinn Hughes
Ty Smith

Tier Three:
Ryan Merkley
Bode Wilde
Jared McIssac
Jett Woo

Tier Four:
K’Andre Miller
Matthias Samuelsson
Evan Bouchard
Calen Addison
Noah Dobson
Kevin Bahl

I'd have Wilde in that 2nd tier. McIsaac really deserves to drop, IMO. I know stats aren't everything, but the guy has just really never put up pts... and that's a red flag for defenseman at the CHL level.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Lol, Wings can finish last and still draft 10th. Since the lottery was implemented, has anyone who finished lowest drafted 1st overall?
That's just wrong. If you finish last you're guaranteed a top 4 pick. And you have to go way back to find a last place winner... 1 whole year to Toronto in 2016.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Lol, Wings can finish last and still draft 10th. Since the lottery was implemented, has anyone who finished lowest drafted 1st overall?
Not true if we finish #31 overall or dead last the very worst we can get is the #4 pick like Colorado last year. And even a #4 overall pick in the 2018 draft is going to net us a very good young prospect.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Well yeah none of us think that we will finish dead last, But we should still finish in the bottom 5 and that's fine.

Exactly. Finishing last gets you the best odds at a top 3 pick and at worst 4th which is great but honestly just finishing bottom 5ish is pretty good most of the time. If we end up at ~26 then we're looking at ~6th overall. While a top 2 pick would be incredible, in this draft a top 10 pick is probably still going to be a really good player, and possibly an elite piece for us. And there's always the lottery. If you consistently rank bottom 10, you'll win it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad