Speculation: 2018 NHL Draft Talk :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I can't embed from the Twitter, but the Canes put out a "you should get to know Svechnikov, some people say he's going #2 ;);)" this afternoon.

If they're trying to leave any drama to this, they're doing it very poorly.
They just want to crush our souls like we never knew was possible by teasing us with Svechnikov before trading down for a 3rd round pick then taking Tkachuk.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I can't embed from the Twitter, but the Canes put out a "you should get to know Svechnikov, some people say he's going #2 ;);)" this afternoon.

He probably just stepped into the restroom.

This deserves more likes.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho

They care more about spreading the word, and selling tickets than drama at this point. As they should.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Svech better than Francis?

Number two all time in assists only beaten by Gretzky. A 100 point and two 90 point seasons with the Whale before he even left for the Pens.

Is RF’s gm’ing hate so strong you’re forgetting his career or is it time to pump the brakes a little on Svech? He’s a winger.

To be fair in all the best posts etc no one ever brings up RF or considers him a top 20 forward around these parts.

*Scratches head*

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
To be fair in all the best posts etc no one ever brings up RF or considers him a top 20 forward around these parts.

*Scratches head*
I mean I don't think its out of line to say that Svech could be more important to the team in Raleigh than Francis ever was. That's not to say that Francis wasn't important, but by far his most dominant years were in Hartford and Pittsburgh, and by the time he came to Raleigh he was in the twilight of his career. If you're making the argument that Svech could mean more to the Hurricanes (as opposed to the Whalers), I would actually agree with that. (at the same time, I think EStaal and Brindy were more valuable to the Hurricanes as Francis was, by that standard....)

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I only really watched in the later 80's (when I was really young I was too ADD for any sporting event on TV) and I don't like talking era's I didn't witness myself and using stats instead. Takes too much out of context to me. That 92-93 year (and the others immediately around it) was basically what I was referring to, with expansion and the pinnacle of the primes of some of the games best ever made for a ridiculous offensive output.

I just don't think RF is Claude Giroux, at all. In his prime I think he was a much better player, and the longevity speaks for itself. I really struggle to roll with stat adjusting in general.

I think Thornton is a better Francis comparable than Giroux.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Aho has a good chance at being a franchise great as well. He'll never score 100 points or anything like that, but as an all-around forward he has been great so far, and he's not even entering his prime just yet.

I could actually see Aho coming close to a 35g 60a season in a couple years. Especially if Necas or Svec develop well.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think Francis is closer to Thornton than Giroux, though not quite to Thornton's level, but I fundamentally can't understand people who don't account for era to at least some degree. What's more likely- that all of the game's best scorers in history were born within 10 years of each other about 50 years ago, or that a combination of strategic and technological factors (ie, heavy goalie gear and better sticks) resulted in a fairly short lived historical era where scoring was staggeringly higher across the board?

Hah....I wasn't this far in the thread!!

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
You have yet to live...

Step 1: open 3 Bojangles in Toronto
Step 2: obesity rates and violence rise 15 and 30% respectively
Step 3: become public hero and have statue of yourself placed in front of arena
Step 4: profit
Step 5: Boberry biscuits for a PPG.... Thousands of Leafers adopt Its Bo Time as an unofficial motto of the franchise

vorbis

bunch of likes
Feb 9, 2013
YTZ
You have yet to live...

Step 1: open 3 Bojangles in Toronto
Step 2: obesity rates and violence rise 15 and 30% respectively
Step 3: become public hero and have statue of yourself placed in front of arena
Step 4: profit
Popeyes is here but not exactly massively successful. overall there is a huge lack of quality fried chicken at reasonable prices, and i’d **** your ********** ********* ****** ***** for a buttermilk biscuit worth a damn. stomach is growling just thinking about it.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
FE9796EE-8AE4-441D-8603-D394C48A11AA.jpeg
There's a case where we need an unlike button. :D

There is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad