OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Did the police ask Kraft about why no NFL team has hired that coaching genius Nick Saban who is a master coach who doesn’t rely on questionable recruiting practices to run a very basic system that any average coach could run?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
When I lived on the UWS, there were 2 or 3 of these Chinese massage parlors in my neighborhood.

I have no idea if anything untoward went down at them, but I was always suspicious because literally every one of them was below ground, which I always felt bizarrely suspicious.

EDIT:

I feel this needs more explanation since many/most will not be familiar with the area/Manhattan, but in general really, not many businesses are below ground level, so WTH is it that seemingly every Chinese massage parlor operates in an underground setting. Below GOOG images pic is from one of the places in my old neighborhood. Notice the below street level location, notice the very small sign. Does this look like a place broadcasting its' location looking for customers like a normal business?

Chinese-Massage.jpg

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Sources: Giants agree to trade Vernon to Browns

Great trade by the Giants. I honestly didn't think they'd be able to move Vernon on that contract for anything more than a 5th. Heck, I wasn't sure anyone would even take him, nevermind send back a great guard with prime years left on his contract.

I don’t know the player they got back. Is it that good of a deal? Anything I see just highlights the player the Giants lost.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I don’t know the player they got back. Is it that good of a deal? Anything I see just highlights the player the Giants lost.
Top rated guard in pass blocking by PFF (pro football focus) last season. Now, I don't necessarily rely on PFF for much of anything, but they are usually decent evaluating the oline.

Plus, I've watched him play a bunch. Really good player. Only reason Browns moved him is they have a guy they drafted last season to step into that role and needed a player to compliment Garrett on the dline. Sure, in terms of position value DE >> OG....but Zeitler is >>>>> Vernon.

Even if Vernon had actually been healthy the last 2 seasons, I would still like this trade. Now factor in that he has constantly been hurt and when he hasn't missed games entirely, he's been limited a ton. I LOVE it.

Good riddance.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
So the g-men are apparently talking to the 9'ers about Beckham. Can't say I'm upset about that.

Does anyone think they can pry the 2OA from them?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I saw movement on the NFL thread and I wondered to myself...what arrest was made now.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Doubt the 9ers give up 2oa. Maybe on the draft floor if AZ takes Bosa.
I don't disagree but a boy can dream.

I've read rumors they were thinking about moving on from Rosen. Which is of course a terrible sign, but do you take a flyer on that dude to get obj's cancerous ass off this team?

EDIT: whoops, AZ has the 1OA. No chance the Giants get that for less that obj and the 6.

Is Murray THAT good?

Last edited:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Maccagnan is spending money again lol.

I like Barr and Mosley but that's a lot of money to shell out for them. Definitely have higher expectations for this defense than I've had the last 2 years, even despite the complete lack of depth at corner.

Still gotta pick up a center, and have to wonder where this leaves us in trying to pick up Bell.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Maccagnan is spending money again lol.

I like Barr and Mosley but that's a lot of money to shell out for them. Definitely have higher expectations for this defense than I've had the last 2 years, even despite the complete lack of depth at corner.

Still gotta pick up a center, and have to wonder where this leaves us in trying to pick up Bell.

And Barr said nope.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
And Barr said nope.

LOL well now I'll be skeptical about every player until they actually sign.

Truthfully, I'm not hurting over Barr. Mosley is a better LB and they can spread the assets around a bit better than loading up at LB. The draft has a couple pass rush options that the Jets can snag at #3 so I'm not worried too much there.

Throw that extra cash at Bell!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
LOL well now I'll be skeptical about every player until they actually sign.

Truthfully, I'm not hurting over Barr. Mosley is a better LB and they can spread the assets around a bit better than loading up at LB. The draft has a couple pass rush options that the Jets can snag at #3 so I'm not worried too much there.

Throw that extra cash at Bell!

Word is it's between the Jets and Ravens for Bell, alas I have no dog in that fight. I like Tampa, unfortunately.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007

Odell traded to Browns.

1) I'm a Giants fan who was open to moving Odell
2) The return is trash and Gettleman is a f***ing idiot dinosaur
3) Jabrill Peppers is garbage

Pathetic. If you couldn't get a haul, you keep him. SIMPLE. You asshat.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't get why you sign him long-term THEN trade him. That just smacks of not having any kind of a plan at all other than getting rid of everyone from the previous administration as fast as possible, a bit Gruden-esque.

Odell traded to Browns.

1) I'm a Giants fan who was open to moving Odell
2) The return is trash and Gettleman is a ****ing idiot dinosaur
3) Jabrill Peppers is garbage

Pathetic. If you couldn't get a haul, you keep him. SIMPLE. You asshat.

They should have taken him off the market the minute Antonio Brown went for peanuts. The market just wasn't there for talented, diva WR's.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I don't get why you sign him long-term THEN trade him. That just smacks of not having any kind of a plan at all other than getting rid of everyone from the previous administration as fast as possible, a bit Gruden-esque.

They should have taken him off the market the minute Antonio Brown went for peanuts. The market just wasn't there for talented, diva WR's.
I imagine it was to increase his value.

Oh, and you forgot often injured in your description of talented, diva, wr's.

Edmonton East

Nov 25, 2007

Silly comparison

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's really not, obviously Beckham was going to get more back than Brown based on his age but they're both among the top five-seven WR's in the NFL and both headcases. The fact the Steelers couldn't get more than a three for a guy who cost zero money to the team he was traded to suggested the value wasn't going to be there for OBJ either, especially given his injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad