OT: 2018 NFL Thread Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
It really isn't more reviews, the coaches won't get any more challenges than they already have. It just expands what they can challenge.
....mostly wrong.

This thing is going to be a DISASTER in the final 2 minutes (when reviews are initiated from above).

Anyone watch March Madness where the final 2 minutes of every close game take 35 minutes due to 100 reviews? Nevermind the fact that PI is largely a judgement call. This is going to be horrendous.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
....mostly wrong.

This thing is going to be a DISASTER in the final 2 minutes (when reviews are initiated from above).

Anyone watch March Madness where the final 2 minutes of every close game take 35 minutes due to 100 reviews? Nevermind the fact that PI is largely a judgement call. This is going to be horrendous.

That wasn’t a judgment call. That was criminal negligence.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Pass Interference should definitely be reviewable, there is no other penalty in football that is more punitive and can instantly all but decide who wins and who loses a game.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pass Interference should definitely be reviewable, there is no other penalty in football that is more punitive and can instantly all but decide who wins and who loses a game.

Put it this way, if it's not reviewable then nothing else should be either, sans scoring plays and turnovers.

And I don't think this is suddenly going to lead to five different pass interference reviews from above in every game the final two minutes getting reviewed at least not long-term, I think after their initial phase where they overdo it eventually it'll go to only the truly questionable and obvious calls like the NFC Championship game one being reviewed.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I mean the debate is just going to shift from call vs no call, to should that have been reviewed or shouldn't it have been...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad