NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
There are murmurs that the Cowboys are hoping the Colts make an offer to David Irving who has been tendered.

They want that high second round pick to have flexibitly in an Earl Thomas trade. I don’t know how much interest the Colts have but Eberflus may like him. David Irving is a beast but there are some concerns around him.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Honestly, I thought Vaccaro would be a Cowboy by now but haven’t heard a single word about any team bringing him in for at least a visit.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
DYmC10sVQAADaTn.jpg

I can't possibly imagine why the Browns went winless last year.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Boston has more coverage ability, just from what I saw on tape.

Regardless they need someonr back there with Byron Jones moving to corner. Byron jones was okay but certainly not a playmaker

They should sign Eric Reid, who is one of the best all around safeties in the league. We know they won't though.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
How so? His production and performance dropped in recent years

And as pointed out there are several safeties on market still and its not like Reid was not in NFL playing last year so not sure why NFL teams would avoid signing him

Among the safeties being blackballed

Nate Allen
Tyvon Branch
Reggie Nelson
Ron Parker
Mike Mitchell
Morgan Burnett
Tre Boston
Da'Norris Searcy
Kenny Vaccaro
Quinton Demps
Corey Graham
Jarius Byrd
Kemal Ishmael
Michael Thomas
Tj Ward
Darius Butler

I see a bunch of guys who started being blackballed around league here

Last edited:
Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Reid is getting blackballed and everyone knows it.

Free agency isn't even a week old yet and there are a bunch of good safeties still out there so I think it's too early for that but I'll agree if Reid doesn't get a decent contract from someone. He's too good to get low balled or go unsigned.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Who would've thought out of all the free agent safeties this offseason, friggin Kurt Coleman would be the only one to land a decent contract.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Ahh Vaccaro is really meh, he’s a box safety. Cowboys should be looking for a free

Vaccaro's a safety in name only. He's a nickel CB who tackles really well. But he can't play in space and blows asssignments in zone. He also takes a lot of stupid penalties and is injured a lot. He's definitely a playmaker and a good matchup piece, but I think DCs don't know quite what to do with him.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
How so? His production and performance dropped in recent years

And as pointed out there are several safeties on market still and its not like Reid was not in NFL playing last year so not sure why NFL teams would avoid signing him

Among the safeties being blackballed

Nate Allen
Tyvon Branch
Reggie Nelson
Ron Parker
Mike Mitchell
Morgan Burnett
Tre Boston
Da'Norris Searcy
Kenny Vaccaro
Quinton Demps
Corey Graham
Jarius Byrd
Kemal Ishmael
Michael Thomas
Tj Ward
Darius Butler

I see a bunch of guys who started being blackballed around league here

So a 26 year old strong safety who posted a pff grade of 81.1 and was ranked as the 10th best strong safety in the league by the NFL1000 crew is on the decline? Goddamn you need to learn how to properly assess football players but that would require nuanced thinking.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Vaccaro's a safety in name only. He's a nickel CB who tackles really well. But he can't play in space and blows asssignments in zone. He also takes a lot of stupid penalties and is injured a lot. He's definitely a playmaker and a good matchup piece, but I think DCs don't know quite what to do with him.

He can't stay healthy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The lack of movement at safety is strange, you have to imagine it moves here soon. Way too early to declare anything on Reid - if a bunch of the others sign then maybe something is up.

The Steelers will have to be grabbing someone here soon - Tre Boston still makes the most sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad