NFL: 2018 NFL off-season news & notes thread (Vikings sign Hunter to big extension)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

This just isn't going away. Thomas will be impossible to replace in the short-term but I'd probably do it if some team offers a 1st round pick+ in return.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Before I get excited about the player he used to be, how'd he look last year?

Jay-Z-so-so.gif

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sounds like SEA is intent on signing Ed Dickson, whom they must like more than ASJ (who they could easily afford).

Don't know too much about him, can he block?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Sounds like the Vikes will sign Richardson to a 3 year deal. Another hole to fill.

EDIT: the tweet this comes from may not be a reputable source, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens.

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Sounds like SEA is intent on signing Ed Dickson, whom they must like more than ASJ (who they could easily afford).

Don't know too much about him, can he block?

Definitely more of a blocker than a receiver. I wouldn't expect much but he's decent enough.

I have a hard time seeing Olsen not play in 2018 with guys like TD and Peppers likely to retire afterward. EDIT: He's also due nearly $10 million but

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

So two Washington players failed their physicals after playing a full season and are likely going to get screwed now. Grant was getting $14.5M guaranteed and Breeland $9.5M guaranteed.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

This may change things a little as it pertains to the draft. Raiders haven't even looked at an RT in free agency and they need one. Donald Penn is also old.

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city

This may change things a little as it pertains to the draft. Raiders haven't even looked at an RT in free agency and they need one. Donald Penn is also old.

Taking a tackle in the top 10 this year would be a huge mistake IMO. I could see them drafting one in the second round

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
So, to recap:

Seattle passes on Cam Robinson, trades back and selects Malik McDowell instead.
McDowell nearly kills himself, forcing a trade for Richardson at the cost of a 2nd rounder and Kearse.
Still desperately need a LT, trades a third rounder for Duane Brown.
Richardson moves on after the season. A second round pick lost for basically nothing.

Talk about a failed gambit to go all in.
And none of it would have happened if they'd just drafted Cam Robinson in the first f***ing place.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille