NFL: 2018 NFL draft prospects thread

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Mayfield and Josh Allen are linked most to the Broncos. Apparently Kubiak really likes Mayfield and Elway likes Allen. I think I'd go with who Kubiak wants tbh.

All the guys on Twitter whose opinions I trust like Sharp and Barfield and Jahnke are all over Mayfield. Seems fitting that Kubiak feels the same way. Someone is going to get a bit of a steal if he can put it together at the pro level.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
All the guys on Twitter whose opinions I trust like Sharp and Barfield and Jahnke are all over Mayfield. Seems fitting that Kubiak feels the same way. Someone is going to get a bit of a steal if he can put it together at the pro level.

Well he fits what a Kubiak/Shanahan offense likes in a QB. Moreso than Allan.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
A writer for the Athletic did an interesting review of Josh Allen. Mostly, he's asking why people have Allen rated as high as they do. One thing he did was look at the college stats of all 28 1st round QBs from the past ten drafts to see where Allen's college stats compare.

Here’s where Allen’s junior-season stats would rank if included in that group (out of 28).

Completion percentage: 27th
Yards per attempt: Tied for 27th
TD-to-INT ratio: 19th
Pass efficiency rating: 25th

Mandel: Josh Allen’s analogue is not a No. 1 NFL draft...

Jul 10, 2010
The Broncos already have Paxton Lynch and Josh allen is a slightly more talented Lynch. AKA all the tools but wont be a actual NFL starting QB

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

For his sake I hope he's better at football than he is at exercising. I've heard some say he's raw but has potential and others have said he's big but that's about it. Louis Riddick ripped him on ESPN for both his tape and combine performance.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Strength & Conditioning Coach at Penn State now held the same job at Maryland back in the day when guys like Vernon Davis, Darius Heyward-Bey, etc. were there & went on to have big combines.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California

For his sake I hope he's better at football than he is at exercising. I've heard some say he's raw but has potential and others have said he's big but that's about it. Louis Riddick ripped him on ESPN for both his tape and combine performance.

It's disappointing. It's like he didn't even prepare for this.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's disappointing. It's like he didn't even prepare for this.
This is probably going to make him fall. It’s going to cost him on his rookie deal, but some team is going to get a good player at a bargain price. He played too well against too good of competition for too long for these combine numbers to mean he’s a bad player.

The only red flag I’d see is maybe he just doesn’t want to play enough to treat it like a career.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
This is probably going to make him fall. It’s going to cost him on his rookie deal, but some team is going to get a good player at a bargain price. He played too well against too good of competition for too long for these combine numbers to mean he’s a bad player.

The only red flag I’d see is maybe he just doesn’t want to play enough to treat it like a career.

The dude worked his ass off at Oklahoma. It's shocking that he mailed this in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad