WJC: 2018 Division I, II, III

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Losing against Kazakhstan is unacceptable, just horrible. Its f***ing kazakhstan, when was the last time they produced anything?!All the do is buy up foreigners.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
In other news, I do think Kazakhstan is not that good yet, but they too, just like Belarus, is on course to firmly pass us in the food chain soon.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
In other news, I do think Kazakhstan is not that good yet, but they too, just like Belarus, is on course to firmly pass us in the food chain soon.
Nope. Not close the truth AT ALL. Especially considering all the changes that have happened in the Latvian hockey in the last year and a half.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
This has been a complete off-year for us, but there is just no way this trend continues, especially after the change in LHF that has been undoubtley postive when in it comes to junior and kids hockey.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Nope. Not close the truth AT ALL.
I know I'm wasting my time here, because I know you have invested 0 time in researching or even following hockey in Belarus or Kazakhstan in the past decade. There is nothing special about any of our kids lately. Belarus have 10 (!) on active kids CHL rosters and rest of the best is consilidated in one team in mens league, and if couple wouldn't be deflecting to Russia like Karnaukhov and Ustimenko, their team would rival (or surpass) our best U20 rosters of the recent past.

Kazakhstan is not there yet, but it is no coincidence why tiny Gatiyatov killed us off today when you see that he is almost PPG in MHL.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I know I'm wasting my time here, because I know you have invested 0 time in researching or even following hockey in Belarus or Kazakhstan in the past decade. There is nothing special about any of our kids lately. Belarus have 10 (!) on active kids CHL rosters and rest of the best is consilidated in one team in mens league, and if couple wouldn't be deflecting to Russia like Karnaukhov and Ustimenko, their team would rival (or surpass) our best U20 rosters of the recent past.

Kazakhstan is not there yet, but it is no coincidence why tiny Gatiyatov killed us off today when you see that he is almost PPG in MHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga

Do you forget how our U-20 looked just a year ago? Kazakhs would surely lose to that team, hands down. But i guess you have invested yourself too much in some random teams like Belarus and Kazakhstan(still dont understand your obsession with them), again this is an off year for us, we will bounce back better than ever.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Can I get more details please?
The last LHF president of 20years (more like a dictator to be honest) got replaced and immeadiate changes have been made to our junior hockey that should have been implemented 20 years ago, but i guess better late than never.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Do you forget how our U-20 looked just a year ago? Kazakhs would surely lose to that team, hands down. But i guess you have invested yourself too much in some random teams like Belarus and Kazakhstan(still dont understand your obsession with them), again this is an off year for us, we will bounce back better than ever.
Which part of me saying "Kazakhstan not being there quite yet" you can't grasp? Kazakhstan not being half bad + us having mediocre team = today's result. If you bothered to read my post, you would see how I specifically acknowladge our past rosters ( and compare only Belarus to those.

When I look at our next three or four upcoming years, it is hard to see where the next draftee for us is coming from. I'd love to see somebody convince me (with facts and logic) that I am wrong because I want our kids to succeed.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
The last LHF president of 20years (more like a dictator to be honest) got replaced and immeadiate changes have been made to our junior hockey that should have been implemented 20 years ago, but i guess better late than never.
I'm probably asking for too much but if there's any link to read (even in Latvian) about that moves I'd appreciate it.

(BTW there was a great article about changes in Slovak system somewhere in some Slovak thread).

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Which part of me saying "Kazakhstan not being there quite yet" you can't grasp? Kazakhstan not being half bad + us having mediocre team = today's result. If you bothered to read my post, you would see how I specifically acknowladge our past rosters ( and compare only Belarus to those.

When I look at our next three or four upcoming years, it is hard to see where the next draftee for us is coming from. I'd love to see somebody convince me (with facts and logic) that I am wrong because I want our kids to succeed.

3-4 is too far into the future to tell ANYTHING about a prospect, unless hes like a McDavid or Tavares level good.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
3-4 is too far into the future to tell ANYTHING about a prospect, unless hes like a McDavid or Tavares level good.
Again going for an extreme hyperbole to save yourself. We are not speaking about worldbeaters but simple draft candidates. It is not like we heard about Girgensons 5 minutes before the draft. Even bettter example, we were pimping certain Kapitan Stupino underager couple of years before the draft.

But anyway my main point is that we all this past decade had a handful of overagers that we hoped that would get drafted come every June by posting good numbers in CHL or being awesome in net in Switzerland. Currently it doesnt look like that is the case last, this or any next immediate years. A thing I easily see in spades when I look at Belarus roster.

We are in a lull, but I hope the unspoken changes you mention will realize in something.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Just saying, I was the one who saw the Kazakh surge coming :nod:
No, neither Belarus nor Kazakhstan is going to touch Latvia soon. They'll always be competitive as far as squad continuity so they will still be a threat in major tournaments, however, they have their own developmental problems that are worse, I believe, than Latvia's.

Nope. Not close the truth AT ALL. Especially considering all the changes that have happened in the Latvian hockey in the last year and a half.
Federational changes rarely have an impact in the near future. We also replaced an incompetent old man around the same time, we are not better already. Perhaps there will be a long term impact, though it is difficult to tell, but I wouldn't expect a quick change.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
As an outsider follower of international hockey, I don't think KAZ/BLR will ever surpass Latvia. Reason for it is that I have impression that BLR/KAZ players actually have they countries as reserve option if they failed to sneak into Russian NT program, while I don't remember any Latvian who ever opted to play for Russia in recent history. Only Trejs (f*** you little s.o.b.) unfortunaetly chose Sweden.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
As an outsider follower of international hockey, I don't think KAZ/BLR will ever surpass Latvia. Reason for it is that I have impression that BLR/KAZ players actually have they countries as reserve option if they failed to sneak into Russian NT program, while I don't remember any Latvian who ever opted to play for Russia in recent history. Only Trejs (f*** you little s.o.b.) unfortunaetly chose Sweden.

That's true of ethnic Russians, but not of ethnic Kazakhs. The u20/u18 teams see a growing percentage of ethnic non-Russian each year. Shouldn't be a problem in the coming years. Especially so with anti-Russian sentiments growing, rise of Kazakh language/culture, changing the language from Cyrillic to Latin etc.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Losing against Kazakhstan is unacceptable, just horrible. Its ****ing kazakhstan, when was the last time they produced anything?!All the do is buy up foreigners.
I can understand your frustration. I don't see many foreigners in the Junior team, certainly see a few on the Senior team. Stunning loss but Germany fell victim too. Been some time since the Kazahks played at the top level and the last time they were there it was not pretty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad