WJC: 2018 Division I, II, III

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Kaz having a tough time against Hun. Hungary scores twice in the third to tie at 3, but Bektayev puts Kazakhstan up 4-3. Hopefully we don't concede a last second goal for the third game in a row.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Norway is much improved today after quite terrible game against Ukraine. Leading 2-0 over Slovenia so the division is now almost certainly between them and Poland.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Germany looking better today. They scored 3 quick goals (2 on the power play) to lead France 3-0 in the first.
Still a lot of hockey to play, but it's a good start.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
So Norway really leaves no chance to Slovenia, 5-1 and quite deservedly so, Slovenians looked broken in the 3rd.

In D1A, meanwhile, Hungary continues to look really solid. Don't know about the actual strength of the roster in theory but on the ice, Hungary looks way better than Austria.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Still up 3-0. I would be more confident, if they would show some discipline and stop taking stupid penalties.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Having watched quite a few Italian games at this point, Simon Berger is far and away the best forward on their roster. Stats in the Alps League don't really separate him from the pack but the gameplay really does.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Having watched quite a few Italian games at this point, Simon Berger is far and away the best forward on their roster. Stats in the Alps League don't really separate him from the pack but the gameplay really does.

I remember Berger having pretty good numbers playing for Bad Tölz in German Juniors. He was not spectacular then but definitely noteworthy.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Ukrainians not being smart on PK to say the least allows Italy to still be in the game. 2-3. Both Italian goals are on even strength in theory but really both were still scored thanks to expiring PPs.

Densikin is so invisible I'm starting to actually look for him playing to get a proof he is. Which he is isn't. That explains things.

Last edited:

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Liam Kirk scored 2 goals and added one in the shootout, but still lost to Korea. Doesn't matter as the winner of the GB-Japan match on Saturday will promote to 1B.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Britain actually lost to Korea yikes, does not bode well for their Japan game, which will be for promotion.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Germany and Latvia play tomorrow. That should be a good game and probably go a long way in determining who makes it to the main tournament next year.

airbus1094

Feb 27, 2013
Philly
Germany and Latvia play tomorrow. That should be a good game and probably go a long way in determining who makes it to the main tournament next year.

All 3 games should be important. Aus/Hun for relegation, Kaz/Fra for promotion (if they manage to take care of Austria today). Been an interesting tourney with 5 out of the 6 still fighting for either promotion or relegation!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well if I had to guess that game will actually have no impact on who is playing in the main tournament next year.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Poland with some excellent chances to equalize in the 3rd but it's still 2-1 Norway.

Aaand they have done it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad