WJC: 2018 Czech Republic Roster Talk

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Galvas is definitely better than Doudera.
In team, I would rather see Šalda

Yeah I was going to switch that. I was just directly switching Budik and Kvasnicka and didn't really think about the others. I completely agree with you

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Does anyone think that Pesan will go with
Zadina-Necas-Safin? Based on chemistry from U-18's? I think that would be a pretty fast and dominant line,

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Zadina-Necas-Safin? Based on chemistry from U-18's? I think that would be a pretty fast and dominant line,
:))
I do not think we'll have any dominant line. And if so, he will be glad to be wrong :))

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague

This line had a chemistry? Don't recall any chemistry between any player at all from the U18's, didn't watch the quaterfinals though. (Only the horrible 1st period) That team was a mess, unfortunately. I would personally like to see Chytil-Zadina duo, could mesh well in my opinion.
:))
I do not think we'll have any dominant line. And if so, he will be glad to be wrong :))

When was the last time Czechs had a dominant line? Hell, when was the last time Czechs had a dominant player...
I do not think we will see a dominant line either.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
This line had a chemistry? Don't recall any chemistry between any player at all from the U18's, didn't watch the quaterfinals though. (Only the horrible 1st period) That team was a mess, unfortunately. I would personally like to see Chytil-Zadina duo, could mesh well in my opinion.

When was the last time Czechs had a dominant line? Hell, when was the last time Czechs had a dominant player...

Have you forgotten about the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Gold medal team??
I watched some of it and read a couple different articles regarding the tournament. In my opinion(and others) those three were really good. And when played together, were even better.
Zadina 7 pts
Necas 6 pts
Chytil 4 pts
Kaut 4 pts
Safin 4 pts

That's in 5 games.
Maybe dominant isn't the right word, but I think those 3 that I mentioned before, could really do well. Any combination with those 5 though, could really work out well.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

I agree. Czech dominant player? Ha, ha .. I'm glad to play dignified and not shameful, like last years.

Reactions: Wooren

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
Have you forgotten about the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Gold medal team??
I watched some of it and read a couple different articles regarding the tournament. In my opinion(and others) those three were really good. And when played together, were even better.
Zadina 7 pts
Necas 6 pts
Chytil 4 pts
Kaut 4 pts
Safin 4 pts

That's in 5 games.
Maybe dominant isn't the right word, but I think those 3 that I mentioned before, could really do well. Any combination with those 5 though, could really work out well.
Thought you were talking about the U18 WJC, my bad. The Hlinka tournament was very good yes, Czechs had actually three players that would fit the "dominant" term (Zadina, Necas and Skarek). Their last showing, U18 WJC, was terrible though.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Perhaps I've lost touch but when I analyze projected lineups, after the Americans I'm forecasting the Czechs are in line for a medal.I'm calling a U.S.A-Czech Republic final

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Thought you were talking about the U18 WJC, my bad. The Hlinka tournament was very good yes, Czechs had actually three players that would fit the "dominant" term (Zadina, Necas and Skarek). Their last showing, U18 WJC, was terrible though.
Yes, the HC dominated the three, WCH was much worse.
We had hopes in the past and it has always been wrong. And we had a more balanced team.

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Perhaps I've lost touch but when I analyze projected lineups, after the Americans I'm forecasting the Czechs are in line for a medal.I'm calling a U.S.A-Czech Republic final
Link? :)
As I write, we have been hoping for the medal several times and we were bad. This team will be very unbalanced.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I think you guys are basing a bit too much on 1 bad tournament. If you look at their individual success we are better than what you guys are saying.
Anti... please explain in detail what you mean about this team being unbalanced..
I don't necessarily disagree with you. But I'd like to hear why exactly you think that.
@Anti

Last edited:

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I think you guys are basing a bit too much on 1 bad tournament. If you look at their individual success we are better than what you guys are saying.
Anti... please explain in detail what you mean about this team being unbalanced..
I don't necessarily disagree with you. But I'd like to hear why exactly you think that.
@Anti
I mean, if we were supposed to be among the favorites, it's too optimistic. Enough players will be comparable to top players, but not everyone. We already know from the past when we thought we had a good team.
On the other hand, if we finally have a good coach (Petr was a huge disappointment), we can have a chance ..

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I mean, if we were supposed to be among the favorites, it's too optimistic. Enough players will be comparable to top players, but not everyone. We already know from the past when we thought we had a good team.
On the other hand, if we finally have a good coach (Petr was a huge disappointment), we can have a chance ..
Well I definitely never said anything very optimistic.. I just asked if anyone thought we could have a good line with Necas, Zadina and Safin.
I agree with not getting our hopes too high. But like you said, if we get good coaching from Pesan( and good player selection), we should be able to be quite competitive.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I see our top 6 better than last year for sure. But with less depth. No big deal imo.
Zadina-Chytil-Safin
Michnac-Necas-Kaut
Kurovsky-Reichel-Lauko
Zachar-Kondelik-Pavlik

Way more high end skill this year. That was what we were missing. Difference makers. Chlapik and Spacek were our best forwards and they are just complimentary guys.

Defence is fairly similar. 3 returnees in Vala (who I thought was our best defenseman), Kvasnicka, and Budik. I think we will be able to hold our own.
Hajek-Vala
Galvas-Kvasnicka
Budik-Salda
Doudera

Skarek is a great goalie with great numbers this year. I see him being the clear #1 especially with experience from last year.

If this is our actual line-up, then we have a chance to be competitive. I don't see there being too many controversial omissions considering we don't have the depth. Our top 6 is our top 6. They will all make the team I'm sure. The bottom 6 I don't care too much about. Except Lauko. Really want to see what the kid can do. Kondelik and Kurovsky would be good for increasing our size. Those 3 could actually make up the 3rd line. But I feel like Reichel will get the position ahead of Kondelik unfortunately.
Češi do toho

Last edited:

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Chytil injured in an AHL game. Taken off with help. Major blow to the Czechs if he can’t make it Dec 26.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Chytil injured in an AHL game. Taken off with help. Major blow to the Czechs if he can’t make it Dec 26.
That's bad news. This team looks like they have some decent players, but certainly not the depth other countries are fielding this year. They'll have to hope the injury looked worse than it was.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I don't think it looked all that bad. At least not to be out for over a month. I'm not too worried yet. I'm sure he'll be fine. If he's out for the WJC then we're screwed for sure

Wooren

May 17, 2015
Prague
That would be so typical to lose an elite piece of the team just few weeks prior to the tournament...

I don't think it looked all that bad. At least not to be out for over a month. I'm not too worried yet. I'm sure he'll be fine. If he's out for the WJC then we're screwed for sure

...I agree though. Didn't look that horrible to be out for a month. Hopefully he will be fine.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
The hit itself didn't look all that bad, but Chytil getting off the ice looked very rough. Certainly looks like a concussion to me, and they have no timeframes

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
The hit itself didn't look all that bad, but Chytil getting off the ice looked very rough. Certainly looks like a concussion to me, and they have no timeframes

Definitely doesn't look nice. Hopefully they know the details soon. Praying for a swift recovery for him.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Uh oh! I didn't exactly know what kind of injury we were talking about, but now that I've seen it that definitely looks like a concussion. I'm sure the degree of damage as well as any history of concussions will be factored in.That could easily be a tourney ender, though.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
The preliminary roster consisting of 27 players:

The nomination seems fine to me.

I wonder if Lauko makes the team. Hope that he will.

The team is OK, doesn't have much depth, especially in the offense - there is no quality 98 forward. On the other hand, lots of quality underage players, half of this roster can play next year also and it is the more talented half.
I predict quarterfinal loss but hope for some good quality matches with the teams from TOP6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad