Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis P

Everybody on the whole cell block
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The Rockets are supposed to be great and they may be, but here's an original thought on them. Harden will be switching back to SG, because of the acquisition of PG Chris Paul. 2 years ago Harden played SG and was 2nd in scoring averaging 29 PPG. The problem was that he refused to play defense so he didn't even make 3rd Team All-NBA. Will he return to his old "offensive" ways? ;

P.S. I was playing the 03-04 Lakers on NBA2K18. I noticed I had Monta Ellis on the bench. There are 2 problems with this. 1. He entered the league 2 years later and 2. He played his first 6 and a half seasons with the Warriors. What an odd mistake.

Last edited:

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
My son and I both said the Cavs should go small and play Love at the 5 and they are!

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Marcus Morris has been acquitted of his aggravated assault charges.

from espn.com:

A Phoenix jury acquitted NBA players Marcus and Markieff Morris in their aggravated assault trial Tuesday.

The Morris brothers have been on trial for the past two weeks on charges that they helped three other people beat 36-year-old Erik Hood in January 2015 outside a high school basketball game in Phoenix.

At that time, the 28-year-old brothers played for the Phoenix Suns. Marcus now plays for the Boston Celtics, and Markieff is with the Washington Wizards.

Defense attorneys Timothy Eckstein and James Belanger patted the brothers on the back as the verdict was read. The Morris twins hugged their attorneys after the jury was led out of the courtroom.

"From the beginning we expected them to acquit, but just putting this time here," Marcus Morris said outside Maricopa County Superior Court.

Both players have missed the start of the NBA preseason because of the trial.

Another defendant, Gerald Bowman, also was found not guilty on two counts of aggravated assault. Two other co-defendants pleaded guilty to the charges on Sept. 13.

Hood did not attend court to hear the verdict read.

Jurors got the case Monday afternoon. They began hearing testimony Sept. 18.

Full story here: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ff-morris-found-not-guilty-aggravated-assault

Elvis P

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Hayward $29.7 M $93.6 M Guaranteed
Horford $27.7 M
Kyrie $18.8 M

Butler $17.5 M
PG-13 $19.5 M

Yeah, if Ainge hadn't foolishly signed 3 players that play poor defense, he would have been able to afford sign Butler, PG-13, and have enough assets (players and cash) left over to build a great team around them. The current total payroll is $113 M. I've proven my point. I'm done with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The All-Star going to a system where the 2 top vote getters for each conference become Captains and pick the players on their teams. Curry and LeBron?

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Horford $27.7 M
Kyrie $18.8 M

Butler $17.5 M
PG-13 $19.5 M

Yeah, if Ainge hadn't foolishly signed 3 players that play poor defense, he would have been able to afford sign Butler, PG-13, and have enough assets (players and cash) left over to build a great team around them. The current total payroll is $113 M. I've proven my point. I'm done with this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The All-Star going to a system where the 2 top vote getters for each conference become Captains and pick the players on their teams. Curry and LeBron?

So, what you are saying is, no All-Star team this year for Kyrie, no matter how good he is?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Horford $27.7 M
Kyrie $18.8 M

Butler $17.5 M
PG-13 $19.5 M

Ummmm.......you really haven't proven anything. Please show me where it was guaranteed that Butler and/or PG-13 was willing to sign with Boston.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
He took this wayyyy to personally. We get it dude, you went through some stuff last year, everybody goes through stuff, you aren't special.
He went through a lot for any person but that is separate from this trade. He needs to move on from the trade. Trades happen constantly.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The more IT talks, I don't know...I think he just needs to take a step back and shut up. "Disrespected" because he wasn't given a heads up that there was a deal on the table?

Whatever works IT.

I'll never hate the guy because he was a hell of a player here, and gave left everything he had out on the court. But seriously, move on dude. Trades suck, but they are part of the business. No GM should need to give a player a heads up to that unless they are blowing it up completely and want to get their vet somewhere he'd want to go.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
anyone want to join a last minute fantasy league? I made one with a couple friends but we need some more people to fill it out. very casual. just let me know. Draft will have to be tonight obviously

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think the sport/league is garbage, but I loved Wyc's interview on Felger and Mazz yesterday.

I think he's an awesome owner and, personality wise, he's a complete 180 from the Jacobs in terms of public relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad