Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
pffffffft...........that pick is about as valuable as a stale Andes chocolate mint you get as some crappy restaurant.

what about Christmas M & M's in the candy cane sleeve. Was analyzing that the other day and deciding whether I should go there or not because of the time frame. I did.

Also, those smallish Easter eggs that are solid chocolate with candy shell coating are still the gold standard of Easter candy.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Whatever.

I wish I cared, but I don't really.

and yes, Dan. Cadbury Mini Eggs are by far the best candy there is.

If you never tried Kinder chocolate, do yourself a favor.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Whatever.

They changed the "medium" bag of peanut butter M&Ms to "sharing size".

I crushed a bag in one sitting a couple of weeks ago.

Whatever.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I am not a huge NBA guy but I really don't understand the angle that the Celtics gave up a ton for Kyrie Irving. The experts tell me Kyrie is what...top 10-20 player in the league? And he's 25 with term left on his deal?

Does anyone honestly care about giving up Jae Crowder, Zizic and a 2nd round pick? I couldn't care less about the 2nd round pick and from what I heard, Zizic underwhelmed in the summer league. Sure Crowder is a nice player but it's time to unleash Jaylen Brown and see what you have.

I love IT but he's a few years older than Kyrie, there are serious questions about what he will look like going forward AND he's a free agent after this year.

The biggest piece is the Brooklyn pick. If that turns out to be #1 overall again...ok then I think there's a valid discussion on if you should have done this trade. Even so, aren't the best players for next years draft big guys? You traded for an elite PG. Maybe that was part of Ainge's thinking.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
I haven't seen any Nike NBA air Adidas NHL apparel. I was at models buying golf balls and they still had just all the old stuff on clearance.
The NBA has to wait until Opening night to release the Nike apparel for contractual reasons.

...The biggest piece is the Brooklyn pick. If that turns out to be #1 overall again...ok then I think there's a valid discussion on if you should have done this trade. Even so, aren't the best players for next years draft big guys? You traded for an elite PG. Maybe that was part of Ainge's thinking.
I agree with the rest of your post, but the Nets are not gonna be a bottom 3/4 team. The Bulls, Hawks, Kings and maybe Suns are. The top guys in the 2018 draft are forwards. Porter, Bagley, Bamba, and Ayton. Elite point guards such as Kyrie don't normally get traded. He's one of the best finishers in the league up there with guys such as Harden and Westbrook. The Cs will win 59 games. Can their all offense approach take them past the 2nd round? idk

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
That will be the part to watch. I have no clue how good/bad Brooklyn will be this year. Kinda funny I'll now be rooting for them to win games.

goalieman40

Feb 27, 2006
New Hampshire
Whatever.

The have Cadbury "Mini Eggs" for Christmas and now fall "Harvest" chocolates as well. They're the same thing except ball shaped.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
The have Cadbury "Mini Eggs" for Christmas and now fall "Harvest" chocolates as well. They're the same thing except ball shaped.

:amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed::amazed:

YES!

Now I can stop freezing the Easter version from now on.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
A big market team (arguably the largest market in the NBA really) tampering with a small market's franchise player deserves a monster penalty. 500k is easily worth it as a down payment on singing George, not punitive or a deterrent.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I am not a huge NBA guy but I really don't understand the angle that the Celtics gave up a ton for Kyrie Irving. The experts tell me Kyrie is what...top 10-20 player in the league? And he's 25 with term left on his deal?

Does anyone honestly care about giving up Jae Crowder, Zizic and a 2nd round pick? I couldn't care less about the 2nd round pick and from what I heard, Zizic underwhelmed in the summer league. Sure Crowder is a nice player but it's time to unleash Jaylen Brown and see what you have.

I love IT but he's a few years older than Kyrie, there are serious questions about what he will look like going forward AND he's a free agent after this year.

The biggest piece is the Brooklyn pick. If that turns out to be #1 overall again...ok then I think there's a valid discussion on if you should have done this trade. Even so, aren't the best players for next years draft big guys? You traded for an elite PG. Maybe that was part of Ainge's thinking.

The NBA is a star driven league. I am ok with any trade where Boston gets the best player in the deal.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Kyrie schmoozing hardcore. I think he's said "illustrious organization" at least three times so far. Through all that though, you can just see the weight of LeBron and CLE lifted off of his shoulders, and he just wants to get to work and prove people wrong.

Gotta feel bad for Heyward here, he's kind of just sitting there taking...like two questions.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
That IT article hurt my heart. I understand the trade, but man. That was rough..

Yeah, that tugged on the heart strings. In this day and age of athletes ( especially superstars ) dropping cliche statements, it was refreshing albeit heartbreaking to see IT speak truly how he felt.

The man loved the city and the city loved him back. I'll always be a fan of IT.

Elvis P

U aint nothin but a hound dog cryin all the time
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Reggie Lewis would have been fine, but his wife talked him out of scheduled pacemaker surgery at the last minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad