Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Is Rozier in tonight ?

he was and then was not, neither was Larkin, C's fall 106-102 at the Bradley Center against Milwaukee. Toronto tonight at the Garden (8pm NBCS-Boston/ESPN), DOUBTFUL YOU MIGHT see either tonight, but if it is it'll be Larkin likely....

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
There are rumors that Kawhi will be traded in the off-season. He might demand a trade to a contender and we have enough ammo to throw at the Spurs. It's bound to happen.
Leonard (+ filler) for Brown, Rozier, Smart (S+T) and/or Morris (to make the salary work) and several first rounders.

Lebron goes to Philly/Rockets to make this a triple threat:

Steph/Durant/Klay/Draymond vs. Lebron/Harden/Paul vs. Kyrie/Kawhi/Horford/Tatum/Hayward (that has got to be considered the best top 5 in the game)

Leobard or not, I can't see Danny not making a significant trade in the off-season with Rozier and Smart being RFA and sitting on multiple promising draft picks from Memphis and obviously SacKings.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

kyrieirving The hardest thing to do sometimes is accept the uncontrollable things life throws at you. You try consistently to learn, grow, and prepare everyday to equip your mind, body, and spirit with tools to deal with some of those things, but I feel when those moments arise they all give you a sense of unfulfillment, simply because it puts some of your professional journey and goals on a brief hold. It's simply a test of your perseverance and Will, to be present, even in the wake of what's going on. In this case, finding out I have an infection in my knee is definitely a moment that I now accept and move past without holding on to the all the what ifs, proving the nay-Sayers completely f***ing wrong, and accomplishing the goals I've set out for the team and myself. This season was only a snapshot of what's to come from me. Trust Me. "The journey back to the top of Mt. Everest continues." #StandingRockSiouxTribe

Reactions: Alicat

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Ouf wish we had that pick back

You think Cleveland makes that trade with hindsight that IT would provide them zero value during a span of a couple of weeks and Nets finishing around #7 pre lotto.
That was a no brainer deal and Danny would make it again 11 times out of 10.

It's just brutal that Kyrie is done, even without Hayward I thought we had a decent chance of getting at least to the finals.

We have to face the reality that this is winding up to be a 1st round exit. Still spectacular year.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You think Cleveland makes that trade with hindsight that IT would provide them zero value during a span of a couple of weeks and Nets finishing around #7 pre lotto.
That was a no brainer deal and Danny would make it again 11 times out of 10.

It's just brutal that Kyrie is done, even without Hayward I thought we had a decent chance of getting at least to the finals.

We have to face the reality that this is winding up to be a 1st round exit. Still spectacular year.

NBC agrees, back to the cave I go

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Yeah, it sucks and we're going nowhere, but on the positive it could give Brown and Tatum experience running the offense in the playoffs.

Next year with those guys back plus Hayward and Kyrie, we'll be in good shape.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I mean the team sort of overachieved this year. Other than Kyrie and Horford everyone else sort of played better than expected. Tatum was lights out and basically took a shit on the guys drafted ahead of him. Brown progressed a lot and better than I expected, Rozier showed why Ainge didnt want to trade him. Baynes, Theiss and the other unknowns filled in nicely.

Even if no chip this year its exciting to think what the team does next year with healthy Hayward and Irving and seeing who else they add via draft or free agency. More draft tho........

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think we were already ripe for an early exit with Kyrie especially after the extended absence. Rozeir has been great.

The team MUST get Larkin and Smart back for the 2nd unit to have a shot in the playoffs. I really like Rozeir and the kids but you need to mix in Smart's D. And the bigs are extremely good and extremely deep. If Baynes and Horford start that means your 2 most talented bigs Morris and Monroe are bench guys. People get on Smart but we aren't winning a playoff series without him if the 2 stars on the team are out.

Need to avoid Milwaukee 1st round I think we will beat any of the other teams lets hope we can get some luck there. Hope the Cavs get the Bucks. Would LOVE to see punk ass Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad