Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Which apparently should not have even counted. :D

from cbssports.com:

The Celtics secured the most thrilling win across the NBA on Tuesday thanks to a clutch Marcus Morris 3-pointer that plunged a dagger in the heart of the Thunder. However, that shot should not have counted, according to the NBA.

The league released its Last Two Minute report Wednesday and determined that Morris had not one, but two infractions that should have resulted in turnovers during the Celtics' final possession. Had the calls been made, Oklahoma City would have gotten the ball back with a two-point lead in the final seconds.

According to the NBA's report, Morris should have been whistled for a five-second violation on the inbounds play, as he didn't release his initial pass to Al Horford within the allotted five seconds. Then, upon getting the ball back on a feed from Jayson Tatum, the league determined Morris traveled before putting up his eventual winner.

The report claims that Morris "moves his pivot foot prior to the release of his dribble" after a review of enhanced video. However, the infraction was so slight that it wasn't picked up by officials on the floor, and it's something that rarely gets called in real time.

In any case, the NBA's findings should provide a little extra salt in the wound for OKC, which allowed the Morris 3-pointer after Carmelo Anthony missed two free throws that would have likely sealed the win.

This is so laughable.

The NBA saying that traveling should have been called on a play, but wasn’t?

I don’t believe it :laugh:

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Brown and Tatum are amazing

They are. Brown had made some huge strides ths year and is constantly working on fixing the holes in his game (gotten much better at FTs). Tatum is not that far behind in that regard.

It remains a pipe dram, but maybe at some point we will have enough ammo to convince Demps to deal AD.

By the way, it would be highway robbery if Stevens isn't finally going to get his COTY award, he's long overdue and what he has done this year with so many injuries is astonishing. Several legit projection models predicted us getting to 37 wins for the season after Haywards devestating injury.

#2 seed is locked up, that's fine by me. Miami or Milwaukee wouldn't make much of a difference in round 1. And seed #3 and #4 is still up in the air between Philly and Cleveland, but I frankly don't care who we wiuld be facing in a potential round 2 since the Cavs are not invincible anymore. The Sixers are playing some great ball recently.

Reactions: pgm16

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
fun player, but this is why the NBA HOF is regarded as the easiest to get into.

Love Mo Cheeks, but he isnt a HOF player. May was well start carving for Rondo now
My strongest memory of Mo Cheeks was back in the early 2000s when some 10 year old girl was singing the national anthem at the Sixers game and blanked, and Mo came over from the bench and sang the rest with her.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
No can have a conversation in a barber shop but Lebron James. What a jack wagon.

LeBron has copyright issues with Alabama

"Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is having issues with the University of Alabama after the football program released a trailer on its official Twitter account showing a roundtable discussion in a barbershop that is similar to his online web series."

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
No can have a conversation in a barber shop but Lebron James. What a jack wagon.

LeBron has copyright issues with Alabama

"Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James is having issues with the University of Alabama after the football program released a trailer on its official Twitter account showing a roundtable discussion in a barbershop that is similar to his online web series."

I cant stand "Me"-Bron, but he's not wrong on this one.

Alabama pretty clearly ripped off the entire concept of Lebron's series. Same format, and same name (Shop Talk vs The Shop). It's a pretty clear cut case this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad