Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
1 point game, I have no wsy of watching now, what happened ??

Rockets had the lead by 3 when a Smart to Tatum alleyoop made it a one point game. Harden was then called for an offensive foul on Smart and the Celts got the ball back. Horford put in a tough hook shot to give the Celts the one point lead. Harden then was called for another offensive foul on Smart and after the Celts inbounded it to Horford, he missed both shots. The rebound came to Harden, who launched it from the top of the key towards the Celts' basket and missed. Celts win :)

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
What an unbelievable finish last night! Harden had a complete meltdown. Smart was brilliant not just drawing the fouls at the end but shutting down Harden every chance he got (Harden went 0-7 with 4 TOs with Smart guarding him). I loved watching Pierce, KG, and Ray (the original Big 3 were a few years before my time) but this might be the most fun I've had watching NBA Basketball. For as great as the Big 3 were there was never that factor of wondering how good they could be because they were all at the peaks of their career and this team has unlimited potential especially with Brown and Tatum. Heck even Kyrie is only 25 and entering his prime now. Then you have the Lakers struggling out west which may land the Celtics another top 5 pick.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Celtics shouldn't have tried to play 40 games before new years to accommodate this London thing. Too much workload compared to other teams who have played a full 5 or 6 games less.

With that said, looking at 30-10 from that ridiculous game load is a heck of a start.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Celtics shouldn't have tried to play 40 games before new years to accommodate this London thing. Too much workload compared to other teams who have played a full 5 or 6 games less.

With that said, looking at 30-10 from that ridiculous game load is a heck of a start.

I don't think the team chose that, I think the NBA did?

Regardless, it'll benefit them greatly when playoff time rolls around and they have fresh legs. Not to mention no one on the team is even close to top minutes played in the league.

jdz

May 22, 2013
I don't think the team chose that, I think the NBA did?

Regardless, it'll benefit them greatly when playoff time rolls around and they have fresh legs. Not to mention no one on the team is even close to top minutes played in the league.
I agree with you on that front. They're in such a good stead coming out of this stretch close to a 60 win pace and getting Brown/Morris/Ojeleye back healthy.

The Celtics did request a large amount of time from the league on either side of the London game, presumably for some sort of team building Europe trip that Brad has planned. This is the main reason for the giant squeeze of games before new year.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
If I’m Ainge I rent a huge Brinks truck and park it by the Cavs bus tonight. Liked Thomas when he was here but man is that guy a tool. Shut-your-mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad