Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I haven't been a huge fan since Reggie died, but this team might just bring me back in. I actually missed the beginning of the B's game to finish the game last night. That has never happened before.

Reactions: wintersej

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I haven't been a huge fan since Reggie died, but this team might just bring me back in. I actually missed the beginning of the B's game to finish the game last night. That has never happened before.

I watched a ton of games last year because I really liked the IT story, but this year is just different. Kyrie is just so f***ing good and the team is so fun to watch. The way they clamp down defensively when they need to and turn it on offensively. It's scary to think how good they're going to be in a year or two, especially when you factor in that they've been this good without Haywood. You add him back into the mix, plus have Tatum and Brown with more seasoning? I've questioned a lot of moves Ainge has made over the years, but man, he's built a hell of a team right now. And they're just going to get better.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Smart can be a good ( sometimes great ) player even if he doesn't score a lot. :thumbu:

He frustrates the shit out of me. He's such and enigma. He'll miss a hundred shots in a row, then bury a huge 3 with a minute left in the game. He'll make an incredible defensive play, then have a huge mental lapse like that offensive goal-tending on Kyrie's shot against the Warriors the other night. I don't get it. What I do know is that he's gone after this year. No way they retain him at what he'll get out on the open market.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I watched a ton of games last year because I really liked the IT story, but this year is just different. Kyrie is just so ****ing good and the team is so fun to watch. The way they clamp down defensively when they need to and turn it on offensively. It's scary to think how good they're going to be in a year or two, especially when you factor in that they've been this good without Haywood. You add him back into the mix, plus have Tatum and Brown with more seasoning? I've questioned a lot of moves Ainge has made over the years, but man, he's built a hell of a team right now. And they're just going to get better.
Remember how some people didn't like the Kyrie trade because they were sentimentally attached to IT? They must've changed their opinions pretty quickly.

Anyway, I look forward to reading the updates tonight about the Celtics and Red Claws' scores.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They probably are 17-0 with Heyward not hurt

Isaiah about to join Bill Parcells, Drew Bledsoe Nomar, and Mo Vaughn as 4 of the bigger names in this city to fade into the back of our consciousness we never probably imagined could happen

Reactions: Oates2Neely

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If we beat Dallas on Monday we become SIXTEEN TIME consecutive winners

giphy.gif

Reactions: dabid

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Why does this team let Smart take 26 shots? I like Smart, but that's just....no.

2 of our (best) players are playing their first meaningful year of pro ball. They might not be comfortable jacking up a ton of shots when the team is down on the road. Someone has to hoist them up.

Kyrie's D was pretty good for someone who supposedly can't play D. Helps when he and Tatum/Brown are next to maybe the best defensive player in the league.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I wasn't able to watch but was checking the score and based on how bad they were losing so late, I figured the streak was over. HOLY SHIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad