Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
GS isn't used to playing their absolute best but the other team hanging around and being in it late. Our D is giving them fits.

Take it to the rack every possession no 3's unless they are wide open and/or late in the clock.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
That take by Tatum was phenomenal I'm not sure Durant could make that move off a pump fake from beyond the arc finishing on the defensive player of the year.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Brad Stevens should be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame tomorrow, regardless of what happens in the fourth quarer.

Reactions: DKH

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Smart is so erratic. Times I think he is good other times he just can’t score

Reactions: DKH

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Smart is so erratic. Times I think he is good other times he just can’t score

Hes pretty damned good overall for a guard that can't really shoot.

GS doesn't play games this low scoring keeping GS to 88 is more impressive than winning. And they clearly came to play and played well.

I think if we lose Smart he'll turn into an all star on a new team and do better than AB has in Detroit.

After tonight we're not outsiders anymore or a cute story for playing well without Hayward. Great win. The Warriors HATE it when a team D's them up like that lol.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017

GS doesn't play games this low scoring keeping GS to 88 is more impressive than winning. And they clearly came to play and played well.

I think if we lose Smart he'll turn into an all star on a new team and do better than AB has in Detroit.

After tonight we're not outsiders anymore or a cute story for playing well without Hayward. Great win. The Warriors HATE it when a team D's them up like that lol.

Was a great win. Eat it Charles!

Smart is great defensively. If he could just clean up his shots he would be an all star

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Wow, that was one impressive win. I mean they seem to play the Warriors always tough, but without much offense and holding them to under 90 points? That D is legit, they finally have some length to defend properly.

And what can you say about Brown. As of right now, it's looking more and more like Ainge made the right pick. Nobody in the neighborhood who I would rather have.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Let me guess, Warriors fan?

14 in a row is incredible.

Could be a Raptors fan. According to some of them, the Celtics aren’t too impressive because they barely beat them. Nevermind that they were down their two best players, because Irving is overrated and as for Hayward... reasons? Toronto sports teams have some sore-*** fans, man. Hard to blame them, I guess. :laugh:

Reactions: lopey and Alicat

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I think Smart is playing for the perfect coach and in the right role

He can make more money but without structure I'm not sure how good he would be. I could see him coming down a few times a game mzybe half and launching 16 seconds on the clock 3 point bricks

There's some trick or treat to his game

There is a reason I don't gamble anymore I'd have given the 7- I'm stunned

Whether it was 11 early in the second quarter I thought 114-99 Warriors here we come

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Jaylen Brown throwing his very own coming out party for the country!
Danny took Brown at 3 when some NBA writers and mocks had him going as far back as 7

I didn't see Cal really play so I bought into that paranoia but he looks like a home run

Tatum I loved and was ecstatic reminded me of Keith Wilkes who was my favorite non Celtics for years

This team needs only health and good fortune and they are set for years

Red Auerbach would be so proud of Ainge

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Warriors fall 92-88 in 1st-place matchup against Celtics

BOSTON — The speculation amplified as the Warriors steamrolled through seven teams by an average of 19.9 points: When would they finally be threatened?

In a 92-88 win over Golden State on Thursday night at TD Garden, the Celtics showed that they can do more than steal a meaningless game from the defending NBA champions. The league’s stingiest defense gives Boston a chance at pushing the Warriors in a seven-game series come spring.

“It’s very, very likely, right?” Golden State guard Stephen Curry said when asked whether he expects to return to Boston for the NBA Finals. “They’re playing the best right now in the East. ... We’ll see, but I hear the weather is great here in June.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad