2018-2019 Blackhawks Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
We need a vet or two in the bottom six; but I also think we need a vet sniper to play with Kane and Schmaltz. A shoot-first guy who isn't going to defer. Would take alot of pressure off young guys like Cat and Hino as well.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
We need a vet or two in the bottom six; but I also think we need a vet sniper to play with Kane and Schmaltz. A shoot-first guy who isn't going to defer. Would take alot of pressure off young guys like Cat and Hino as well.

Kovalchuk

Saad-Toews-Duclair
Kovalchuk-Schmaltz-Kane
Debrincat-Anisimov-Hartman
Sikura-Kampf-Hinostroza

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Saad-Toews-DeBrincat
Sikura-Schmaltz-Kane
Duclair-Kampf-Hinostroza
UFA-Ejdsell-Hayden

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I'd much rather be a contending team right now but I am embracing (for lack of a better term) things being what they are and finding excitement in seeing what some of the kids can do and how this is going to work out retooling everything.

I'm also bracing for the fact that I feel like there won't be a coaching change next year. That sort of puts a damper on some of this for me. This team isn't at Point B looking to get to Point C anymore. Quenneville was great for that. Perfect for it. They're kind of back to Point A and need to get to Point B again. I don't think Q is that guy.

Let's say for a second this team wins the lottery and selects Dahlin. You think Quenneville is going to let him do half the shit he does currently if he's on the Blackhawks roster? Granted, Dahlin is going to have to corral some of what he does by nature, some of it won't work in the NHL. But there's curbing a guy a bit and then there's cutting his nuts off and killing his creativity. I would fear Quenneville would do the latter and just stifle a kid like him. Imagine the first time he coughs up the puck at the offensive blue line trying to be creative and gives up a breakaway the other way. Guy will doghouse fodder immediately. This goes across the board in having a younger team in an evolving NHL. I don't want him here for that, and I feel like he's going to be.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Perhaps but acquiring a sniper or any forward is nowhere close to the priority of shoring up this defense. Until that happens, forget about any forward concerns (which I don't think Hawks have in a youth movement, but that's beside the point).

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Perhaps but acquiring a sniper or any forward is nowhere close to the priority of shoring up this defense. Until that happens, forget about any forward concerns (which I don't think Hawks have in a youth movement, but that's beside the point).

Yes, obviously we need first and foremost to trade Anisimov and one of the 1sts for a top 3 dman, or I hold out hope for a Toews/Trouba deal if Winnipeg doesn't win the cup this year.

With that, the next add is a vet sniper. JVR would be ideal, but the cap will probably have go up the max for that to be possible. Then you add a solid vet 3C who can win faceoffs, like Filipulla. With a healthy Crow, you should be back in the mix at next year's TDL when you can add a vet D, depending on how the young D's (current and new) perform.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'd much rather be a contending team right now but I am embracing (for lack of a better term) things being what they are and finding excitement in seeing what some of the kids can do and how this is going to work out retooling everything.

I'm also bracing for the fact that I feel like there won't be a coaching change next year. That sort of puts a damper on some of this for me. This team isn't at Point B looking to get to Point C anymore. Quenneville was great for that. Perfect for it. They're kind of back to Point A and need to get to Point B again. I don't think Q is that guy.

Let's say for a second this team wins the lottery and selects Dahlin. You think Quenneville is going to let him do half the **** he does currently if he's on the Blackhawks roster? Granted, Dahlin is going to have to corral some of what he does by nature, some of it won't work in the NHL. But there's curbing a guy a bit and then there's cutting his nuts off and killing his creativity. I would fear Quenneville would do the latter and just stifle a kid like him. Imagine the first time he coughs up the puck at the offensive blue line trying to be creative and gives up a breakaway the other way. Guy will doghouse fodder immediately. This goes across the board in having a younger team in an evolving NHL. I don't want him here for that, and I feel like he's going to be.

If Q is back, this team is treading water. I like Stan. If Q's back, I'd rather they clean house.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
this team needs a few things to go right for them to be right back in the playoffs, but I think they can be a playoff team next year.

we have to bring in a couple of defensemen that can play in our top 4. At this point I do not care who they are, just get them here. No more reclamation projects or inexperienced guys, we will likely need a few of our rookies to step up like Snuggy and Dahl to take 6/7 spots so getting guys like De Haan and Petry would be exactly what we can target.

we have to have a few more younger players step up and firmly take top 9 roles. Sikura and Hayden come to mind right away as the top 2 players who should see significant time on this team next year. They both can add elements this team has lacked this year.

we also have to have Hino and Cat take even bigger strides next year and be top forwards on this team. there is no question Cat can score on whatever line he plays, keep him up in our top 6 and never drop him down again. Hino is our "wild card" player who can be a top line player or use his versatility to play bottom 6/top 6 during games..

BUT.....the bottom line is Kane, Saad, and Keith need to be better or at least more consistent. Toews and Seabs at this point I have little faith can rebound so they just need to be there playing more secured minutes. Anisimov and Murphy have to step up even more and just be better overall players on a nightly basis. Murphy needs to have a better system for him overall but I think he can be a solid player for us the next few years.

If we can add some forward help through free agency, and not just 4th line grinders that would help...but this team should be quick, exciting, and young if given a new system to play...I would love to add a Stastny to this group, but not sure we could afford 2 dmen and Stastny...

but all hope is not lost, we need a few things to go right, but it isn't a stretch for this turnaround to happen...and oh yeah, we need a healthy Crow - if that isn't as obvious as can be.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Roster I threw together. Replace Forsberg with Hutton as he was once in organization and presumably a cheap upgrade at G. Sign Beagle for cheap, good at the dot and can be utilized as Kruger was for all those years (had selke votes last year and is deployed heavily by WSH in DZ, so assuming this is reasonable?). Re-sign the kids for cheap. Make a splash and sign Carlsson for 8x8 and plan on using a comp buyout with Seabrook and trading Anisimov the following season to re-sign Cat, Schmaltz, etc.

FORWARDS (13)
Right wing: P. Kane ($10,500,000) - D. Sikura ($925,000) - A. Duclair ($1,000,000) - V. Hinostroza ($1,500,000)
Centre: N. Schmaltz ($925,000) - J. Toews ($10,500,000) - A. Anisimov ($4,550,000) - J. Beagle ($1,750,000)
Left wing: A. DeBrincat ($778,333) - B. Saad ($6,000,000) - J. Hayden ($1,000,000) - V. Ejdsell ($833,750) - D. Kämpf ($925,000)
DEFENSE (8)
Right: J. Carlson ($8,000,000) - C. Murphy ($3,850,000) - B. Seabrook ($6,875,000) - J. Rutta ($900,000)
Left: D. Keith ($5,538,462) - G. Forsling ($872,500) - J. Oesterle ($650,000) - C. Dahlström ($750,833)
GOALTENDER (2)
C. Crawford ($6,000,000) - C. Hutton ($1,250,000)
DETAILS
Roster Size: 23
NHL Salary Cap: $78,000,000
Cap Hit: $75,873,878
Cap Space: $2,126,122

A more realistic signing maybe is John Moore or De Haan, but given the abundance of cap they will have and the glaring need at RHD, wouldn't mind hopping in the JC sweepstakes. But that's only if they truly want to have one last run with the core.

Draft could influence a lot of things if they pick inside the top 5 and have someone to pencil on the opening night roster next year. Assuming they draft at 7-8 and late 1st.

Last edited:

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Cat-Toews-Duclair
Hinostroza-Anisimov-Kane
Saad-Schmaltz-Hayden
UFA/Jurco-Kampf- Wingels/UFA

Extra: Kruger gets brought back after being bought out by Carolina

Keith - Murphy
UFA/Trade - Seabs
Oesterle-Rutta
Gus

With the cap space available (and potentially more if Anisimov or Hossa's contract is moved) the Hawks should be able to add a Calvin De Haan, maybe even push for John Carlson. Ian Cole, Mike Green could both be of interest. Potential trade targets include Ben Hutton, Del Zotto. A long shot would be a push for Klefbom from EDM, who are loaded on the left side, and weak on the right. A Murphy + Hino or another package may interest them with both teams having struggled mightily this year.

Crawford
Forsberg/UFA

Curious to see if Q is back. Regardless, I expect Dineen to be off the coaching staff. Depending on the coach, good possibility that Sikura and Forsling start in the minors, but both likely are up by the end of the year.

Would also be curious to see if Dale Tallon was interested in Seabrook to be a veteran presence on a young D that could badly use a RHD that can play 20 mins a game. He has bailed the Hawks out before. For a cheap price, even a million or so retained, I would venture to guess he may bite again. The Panthers want to win now. They have 18 players under contract next year and will have close to 15 million assuming the Cap goes up to 80 million.

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
the hawks need a little crazy in there lineup...they need shaw. they need tom wilson. somebody to insert some energy. Hopefully they can use some of these assets they have to try and reshape this team because projected lineups look very similar to the lineup we have going now. Would be kinda awesome to get jack hughes next year tho.

Reactions: BobbyJet

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
the hawks need a little crazy in there lineup...they need shaw. they need tom wilson. somebody to insert some energy. Hopefully they can use some of these assets they have to try and reshape this team because projected lineups look very similar to the lineup we have going now. Would be kinda awesome to get jack hughes next year tho.

yep, I can see our top power play unit now - Dahlin passes to Kane dishes over to Hughes for the goal!!! And HF implodes!!!

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
yep, I can see our top power play unit now - Dahlin passes to Kane dishes over to Hughes for the goal!!! And HF implodes!!!

That entire U17 group/'01 birthyear is so ridiculous. Loaded with talent. NTDP is in 1st place in the USHL for, I think, the first time ever. That group is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad