League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Who knows what’s going to happen in the TB @ TOR game...
guess is TB win but could be a blowout. Hopefully no Tavares!

SJ @ EDM again who knows. SJ are in free fall and are pretty bad defensively. Worried about Draisaitl here. Fingers crossed SJ knuckle down and get some form before the post season.

Bieronymus Trotz

Sep 4, 2017
I'm totally fine with the Penguins in the first round. The only team I don't want is Columbus. It's a potentially very difficult matchup but with no upside. If they win, all they've done is knocked out the Blue Jackets.

IvanMalison

Feb 5, 2008
Portland, OR
Looks like it's almost certain we get Carolina at this point. Hopefully they rest everyone vs the islanders so that they get home ice vs the pens.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Looks like it's almost certain we get Carolina at this point. Hopefully they rest everyone vs the islanders so that they get home ice vs the pens.
It's really not. CBJ has a game in hand and the first time break. Carolina needs two points either vs the Flyers on Saturday or in CBJ losses. Otherwise it's the Jackets.

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
if he beats ovi ill hate him forever.
looks like hes going to.

It will be close. Oilers play Calgary in their final game and even though it's "the battle of Alberta" it's not a game that Calgary are going to care much about winning.
They played anaheim last night and lost 3-1, rested some of their players. They probably do the same for their last game.
Oilers could go balls to the wall to try and get Drai that Rocket trophy. If I were them I would be - it would be one bright spot in what has been another dismal season for the team.

At the end of the day it's up to the man himself (Ovie) if he needs or wants to win that trophy again. Nobody else is going to score those goals for him

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
All I can say is if on Saturday the Flames sit all the Dmen they sat the previous two games Draisaitl could end up beating Ovie by three goals.

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 11.36.47 PM.png

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
At least. Pelle Lindbergh died in 1985. I don't remember who came afterwards.

I was at the Capital Center after Lindbergh died, and there was a moment of silence before the game for him. During the silence, one fan yelled out "Why, oh why couldn't it have been Billy Smith".

Dark humor, but hilarious.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So the last 6 games really shows how tough of a schedule we have.

No more back to backs but

vs Carolina
at Carolina
at Tampa Bay
at Florida
vs Montreal
vs New York Islanders

Caps 76 games 96 points
Isles 76 games 95 points
Pens 76 games 93 points
Canes 75 games 91 points
Habs 76 games 88 points

Gonna be a wild ride

Edit: Islanders game is at Washington

Pssshhhhh. Tough my ass.

Vs Carolina W
At Carolina W
At Tampa Bay W
At Florida L
Vs Montreal W
Vs NY Islanders IDGAF

Not only did the Caps clinch, they did it against the toughest March/April schedule in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad