Prospect Info: 2018/19 Marlies & Prospects Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
So, the CHL goaltender of the year is chosen between the winners of the WHL, OHL and QMJHL. Our boy Ian Scott looks like a surefire winner of the trophy. His numbers are far superior to Ukko-Lukkhonen who is a Sabres prospect and a good bit better than Sam Harvey who is an undrafted 21 year old out of the Q.

Looks like our string of draft look has hit it's peak as we might have just unearthed a potential franchise caliber goalie in the 4th round.

Ian Scott also holds the distinction of being the 2nd highest drafted goalie in WHL history, I believe at 9th overall. The highest ever was Carey Price at 7th overall.
Yea it was pretty much the WHL goalie of the year that was the decider this year. Scott blows away the other two for CHL goalie of the year.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
So, the CHL goaltender of the year is chosen between the winners of the WHL, OHL and QMJHL. Our boy Ian Scott looks like a surefire winner of the trophy. His numbers are far superior to Ukko-Lukkhonen who is a Sabres prospect and a good bit better than Sam Harvey who is an undrafted 21 year old out of the Q.

Looks like our string of draft look has hit it's peak as we might have just unearthed a potential franchise caliber goalie in the 4th round.

Ian Scott also holds the distinction of being the 2nd highest drafted goalie in WHL history, I believe at 9th overall. The highest ever was Carey Price at 7th overall.

If Scott or Woll can develop into a #1 goaltender option over the next two seasons it would be ideal for a transition away from Andersen..might be asking too much too soon though.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
If Scott or Woll can develop into a #1 goaltender option over the next two seasons it would be ideal for a transition away from Andersen..might be asking too much too soon though.

In an ideal world Woll and Scott become NHL ready by 2021-2022 season and work in tandem similar to Sparks and Pickard in their Calder Cup season. Then we can walk away from Mr. Game Seven.

Reactions: Carltons Cup

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Goalies usually last a while and there's always a home for good ones via trade, so if we need to extend Andersen for a few years or even another 4-5 (as long as he doesn't get a NMC) to buy some time for Woll/Scott that's probably a viable solution

it's nice to have a couple of legitimate goalie prospects again

Reactions: WTFMAN99

nobody

Aug 8, 2017

Well Fred is going to be 32/33 when his contract is up. Usually goalies at that age don't ask for a big raise. With that said, it is paramount for our long term success to add either Woll or Scott or both in as our potential future starters. It will also be nice to have a potentially respectable starting G that is home grown. James Reimer wasn't the prettiest goalie out there but the man played his heart out. Part of his charm was the fact that he worked his way up from the ECHL to be the NHL start. I want that again, except a goalie that's actually good and well refined.

Reactions: Magic Man

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I'm also hoping we can pick up Dustin Wolf in the upcoming draft. His numbers were unreal this year and he is a 6'0 listed on hockey prospect and projected to go in the 4th round or so.

Reactions: Magic Man

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I'm also hoping we can pick up Dustin Wolf in the upcoming draft. His numbers were unreal this year and he is a 6'0 listed on hockey prospect and projected to go in the 4th round or so.
Miner or Wolf in later rounds would be good pickups.

Hoping Sogaard falls to our 2nd round pick but I'm highly doubtful on that. He had worse numbers than the other two but also faced 7-10 shots per game more than them.

Regardless of what happens I hope we grab a western goalie in this draft.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Here are the playoff series for our prospects, and their stats in the series and entire playoffs.
Updated Tuesday May 7th

Games today

Game 3: Prince Albert wins 8-2
Prince Albert wins 2-1

OHL

Finals: Ottawa(1) vs Guelph(4)
Ottawa leads series 2-1
Fedor Gordeev
Series:
GP 2 Goals Assists Points
Playoffs:
GP 20 Goals 2 Assists 1 Points 3
Regular season:
GP: 63 Goals: 7 Assists: 25 Points: 32

WHL
3rd round: Prince Albert(1) vs Vancouver(1)
Prince Albert wins 2-1
Ian Scott
Series:
GP 3 SV% .900 GAA 2.37 SO 1
Playoffs:
GP 19 SV% .926 GAA 1.93 SO 4
Regular season:
GP: 49 SV%: .932 GAA: 1.83 SO: 8

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Its so nice to have quality prospect depth with NHL upside. Obviously not all our prospects will pan out, but we have several future NHLers in our organization.

Reactions: TML Dynasty and kb

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
I've been extremely pleased with the play of Carcone. Didn't think much of the kid but he's got blazing speeds, is fearless and seems to have a very good hockey IQ. Fantastic player for the Marlies.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Check out the latest Leafs' Insider email (Kapanen's name in the title) for a 50% off flash pre-sale for Round 3 tickets!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Sheldon on OverDrive right now. Interesting comments on Lil, said he wasn't playing well prior to his mid season injury, but took it to the next level upon his return and it really shored up the D.

Reactions: Eye Test and Kiwi

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Sheldon on OverDrive right now. Interesting comments on Lil, said he wasn't playing well prior to his mid season injury, but took it to the next level upon his return and it really shored up the D.

Watching the playoffs we are leaning on Liljegren and Sandin are lot

There playing almost every situation in the most important high leverage situations

You can almost see them growing and improving game to game

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I've been extremely pleased with the play of Carcone. Didn't think much of the kid but he's got blazing speeds, is fearless and seems to have a very good hockey IQ. Fantastic player for the Marlies.
Id take a bottom 6 version of Hyman/Kapanen out of him. The more depth that plays a fast quick style the better!

Reactions: nobody

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Anyone know if Rasanen is hurt or just mothballed?
He was released from his PTO. So he's done with the Marlies this year. Might still be working with the development staff but thats it.

We have a few years to sign him to an ELC so I don't expect him back to start next year.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I was listening to this.

Keefe was speaking glowingly of Liljegren, Sandin and Bracco.

It's weird that some posters seemingly disappear from this thread when our prospects are doing well. Where you guys at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad