Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Jesper Lindgren final regular season and playoff stats

GP: 61
Goals: 3
Assists: 20

Solid season for the kid and a championship to cap it off

I'm interested to see if he's put straight into the Marlies lineup, he's been good but there's some strong competition on the Marlies blue line right now

Best crop of young defenseman coming I've seen for quite some time

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Solid season for the kid and a championship to cap it off

I'm interested to see if he's put straight into the Marlies lineup, he's been good but there's some strong competition on the Marlies blue line right now

Best crop of young defenseman coming I've seen for quite some time

It is weird how well they have drafted/developed D in the past few seasons considering our long term history.

Dermott
Sandin
Liljegren
Lindgren
Rosen

All look like theyll be players. That would be 5 regulars in the past 4 drafts.

Hollowell
Durzi*
Duszak

All look promising as well

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
It is weird how well they have drafted/developed D in the past few seasons considering our long term history.

Dermott
Sandin
Liljegren
Lindgren
Rosen

Hollowell
Durzi*
Duszak

I still think Borgman, Rasanen and even Gordeev could have some upside too.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Agreed on borgman. His game seems to have settled down for the better.
I have hope for rasanen and gordeev but both will be a few more years IF they make it. I would love to have one of those giants on our blue line.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I would be surprised if Borgman isn't on the NHL Roster next season.

With Sandin, Liljegren, and Lindgren coming up fairly quickly, we need to see what sort of asset we have in Borgman and Rosen next season.

Reactions: MyBudJT

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
I believe that in a few years our D is gonna be our strength
No one is surpassing Matthews marner Tavares on the leafs. Reilly is up there and out prospects look great but let’s get serious here, our forwards will be our strength for many many years.

Reactions: DoobieDubas

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
No one is surpassing Matthews marner Tavares on the leafs. Reilly is up there and out prospects look great but let’s get serious here, our forwards will be our strength for many many years.
I think depth wise we’ll be better on the back end, with more guys being able to step up in the lineup

Reactions: Eye Test

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017

Dermott
Sandin
Liljegren
Lindgren
Rosen

Hollowell
Durzi*
Duszak

We didn't draft Rosen and he's much older than the others but yea we're doing much better at drafting defensemen. Kral is an exciting one for me too.

Lindgren is a good example of why its always smart to take the younger players in a draft class. Drafted him at 17 and let him develop for 4 years. Now at just 21 he's already a top 4 guy in one of the premier hockey leagues outside of the NHL.

Reactions: hockeynorth

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
We didn't draft Rosen and he's much older than the others but yea we're doing much better at drafting defensemen. Kral is an exciting one for me too.

Lindgren is a good example of why its always smart to take the younger players in a draft class. Drafted him at 17 and let him develop for 4 years. Now at just 21 he's already a top 4 guy in one of the premier hockey leagues outside of the NHL.

Ya, I wrote drafted or developed. I think this team is much better now at evaluating talent, but the developmental program also deserves credit.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Jesper Lindgren doesn't get enough love frankly.

Most Euro developed players don't. People consistently questioned and bashed Korshkov and within 1 game with the Marlies, there's people penciling him beside Matthews next season and such :laugh:

It's because almost everyone doesn't watch their games, and purely look at HockeyDB and make their judgements, while not understanding the different dynamics of the different leagues, such as, it's MUCH MUCH harder for a young KHL player to get an opportunity, than it is for a young player in the NHL. The KHL is very much a Veteran's league,

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Has Kaskisuo become a goalie prospect?

He may have worked himself back into 3rd goalie consideration rather than trying to dump him.

From there, he can see if he's worth replacing Sparks after he leaves as a UFA.

Reactions: Keon1963

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He may have worked himself back into 3rd goalie consideration rather than trying to dump him.

From there, he can see if he's worth replacing Sparks after he leaves as a UFA.

Yeah, he's under contract next year, so if he has a strong camp I could see him being the 3rd goalie if Hutchinson isn't signed.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Has Kaskisuo become a goalie prospect?

The cake is a lie I'm afraid. He has had good streaks before but he will be the same player as usual next season just like after his 2017 call up.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Rosen needs to get back into the lineup, Sandin is starting to crack. He is playing OK, and is still the best LHD on the team right now, but the forecheck is getting to him. He is making bad mistakes and turning over the puck more frequently. I think it is a lot to ask of a 19yr old, first year pro, to play top pairing minutes and 1st PP (and PK). I think it is just too much

I also think Hollowell-Duszak pairing isn't working out so well. They are by no means terrible but they've been caught in their own end on more than a few occasions and were cycled into the ground. I would like Keefe to maybe think about taking one of them out and replace him with someone else (maybe Rasanen, I'm not sure what options Keefe has TBH)

Reactions: teddygmr

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Missed the game, how did Kork play? Who else had solid games?

Liljegren. To me he has earned that last RHD spot on the team and will be his to lose next year (so a bottom pairing of Rosen - Liljegren next year)
The team played well as a whole, kind of have to when you only have a 1-0 lead till the last minute of the game

Reactions: DoobieDubas
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad