2018-19 AHL contracts

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

Is there an inherent NHL opt-out clause on all AHL deals? Or does it have to be negotiated in separately? I always thought the AHL team had to give permission to allow an NHL team to poach one of their players on an AHL deal, unless opt-out clauses existed.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com

Is there an inherent NHL opt-out clause on all AHL deals? Or does it have to be negotiated in separately? I always thought the AHL team had to give permission to allow an NHL team to poach one of their players on an AHL deal, unless opt-out clauses existed.

It appears Rich Clune has re-signed with the Marlies, too.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005
While browsing St. Louis' summer cap roster, I realized that camp invitee Jared Thomas is, in fact, under contract for next season.
Jared Thomas Signs With AHL’s San Antonio Rampage
For now, he's the only player under contract for San Antonio.
-----------------------------------------------------

I'm leaving the Clune, Greening and Breen (Providence) signing as rumors until I see an official confirmation.

Growler

May 16, 2018

I don't believe Clune will be back as a player. Maybe a member of the training or coaching staff sure, but it is going to be hard enough for Greening to get playing time next year at wing, much less Clune.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't believe Clune will be back as a player. Maybe a member of the training or coaching staff sure, but it is going to be hard enough for Greening to get playing time next year at wing, much less Clune.

It is not exactly the best place to discuss this, but Greening played almost every game he could (I think he missed 3 games all year between the regular season and playoffs) and should become the captain. He may be more of a center next year, but he's getting more ice time than most.

Clune already in kind of a player-coach role, and I think he will continue to be that. He slots into games where we need toughness, or slots into a fair number of games when a defensive forward needs a rest. He's not old and while he did not put up a ton of points, he still played well in 47 games for the Marlies last year. I can't think of a better enforcer type to replace him right now.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA

There's a more than reasonable chance you are incorrect, as Clune's playing time was cut due to an internal belief from Lamoriello that he was not worth ice time. With Lou gone, there could be an uptick in his serviceability.

Growler

May 16, 2018
There's a more than reasonable chance you are incorrect, as Clune's playing time was cut due to an internal belief from Lamoriello that he was not worth ice time. With Lou gone, there could be an uptick in his serviceability.
Doubtful. There will be at least 9 wingers ahead of him on the depth chart next year, most of them prospects. Not sure what Lou had to do with it anyway. Dubas was the GM; Clune played 47 games and it would be Keefe who decides how much each line plays.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

French (28GP 4-3-7) was under contract with Texas

Marchment did not play any AHL games last season. He started the season with Colorado (ECHL) before being reassigned to Utah in February.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

Novak was under contract with Toronto.

Brady was under contract with Iowa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad