2017 WHL Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I hate the late game calls that you know are only getting called because the team is trailing. No way that the holding call goes Regina's way if that happens in Seattle's end.

And they score on the PP to tie it up. Awful call, let them play. Should only be calling stuff that's obvious and eliminates a scoring chance with 4 minutes left in the 3rd.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Seattle wins it in 6 games. I'm still upset at that weak penalty that led to the late tying goal, but Seattle was the better team for good portions of the series. I feel like they would have won the series, but we should have been treated to a game 7.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Congrats to the Seattle Thunderbirds, you'll do the WHL proud in the Memorial Cup.

xkj1985x

Jul 21, 2012
Seattle
If Otterbreit gets a suspension (which he should not, IMO)...does that carry over to Windsor or how is that assessed?

Imito

May 8, 2017
Another fine attempt at hitting to injure. Suspend the knuckle dragger for the memorial cup - IMHO

ZinErie

Nov 12, 2013
For anyone who is interested, Ottenbreit's father played in Erie during their ECHL days.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Another fine attempt at hitting to injure. Suspend the knuckle dragger for the memorial cup - IMHO

I honestly thought it didnt even deserve a 2 min penalty. Even the announcers in intermission didnt think it was a bad play. No late hit, no high hit and didnt leave his feet

But i understand why refs did it... Cant have the same guy catch another Pats guy with his head down and hurt him and not get called

Oh well its over and done with... Pats got a massive 5 min PP from it and didnt convert

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I honestly thought it didnt even deserve a 2 min penalty. Even the announcers in intermission didnt think it was a bad play. No late hit, no high hit and didnt leave his feet

But i understand why refs did it... Cant have the same guy catch another Pats guy with his head down and hurt him and not get called

Oh well its over and done with... Pats got a massive 5 min PP from it and didnt convert

It was a charge. There wasn't necessarily anything wrong with the hit itself, it wasn't particularly high or late. He was lining him up long before the puck arrived. The only reason they ruled it a 5 and a game was because Wagner looked to be hurt on the play.

I won't disagree with the other poster, that hit is done for one reason only and that's to injure another player. There's a reason the big open ice hits are on the decline, they're dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad