WJC: 2017 Team USA Roster Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Tkachuk is definitely not NHL ready IMO. I love his game but he has lots of work to do in terms of adding strength and speed especially for the type of game he plays.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
I don't think either really has a chance at this point, but it's a point well taken.

I don't see Werenski back at Michigan next season, but I think there's hope he may only be in the AHL and thus could be available. I don't know a ton about Columbus and what their defense may look like next year. If he's not available, it's obviously a huge blow to the defense. They don't have the players available to step up and replace Hanifin and Werenski.

Does Conrad have American citizenship? I haven't seen the Broncos play this year, but I looked him up and it looks like he's from Manitoba.

I can see Bachman getting a look thanks to his skating, but I think he'd have to show a lot to start his freshmen campaign to really get in contention. I can see Knierim getting a look as well, but it will depend on how he starts at Miami as well. Jurusik is a tough one to get a read on as the Badgers aren't very good, and he didn't have a good Hlinka either. The goalies will be a crap shoot for the most part next year though.

Columbus blue line is pretty bad. I think he'll be in a similiar situation to Hanifin. 50/50 he'll get a shot with the club and if he grows into his role like Hanifin did he won't be available.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Pierre Luc Dubois apparently has duel citizenship. :nod:

Kid is Canada born and raised. Different from Chychrun and Brown who were born and raised in the US. Zero shot he would play for the US. I don't even think he would qualify per the IIHF rules.

kyle44

Jan 7, 2007
Kid is Canada born and raised. Different from Chychrun and Brown who were born and raised in the US. Zero shot he would play for the US. I don't even think he would qualify per the IIHF rules.

He has also already represented Canada in an IIHF event.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
You guys are taking gold this year.

No doubt in my mind.

Such a great potential roster next year as well.

Boy was I wrong. Yikes.

Last edited:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Hopefully this year will open their eyes and allow them to drop the forced "grind line" thing and just take the best players next year.

james bond

Aug 5, 2007
Some similar projections for next years team. I had penciled in guys in their natural positions.
LW - Center - RW
Keith Tkachuk - Colin White - Alex Debrincat
Keiffer Bellows - Clayton Keller - Brock Boeser
Max Jones - Tom Novak - Kailer Yamamoto
Denis Yan - Luke Kunin (RW) - Jack Roslovic
Riley Tufte - Eric Foley - Christian Fischer
- Chase Pearson - William Knierim

LD - RD
Zach Werenski - Adam Fox
Charlie McAvoy - Andrew Peeke
Chad Krys - Casey Fitzgerald
J Greenway - Cal Foote
Caleb Jones - Brennan Menell
Ryan Lingren
Cam Dineen
Sam Rossini
G
Luke Opilka
Tyler Parsons
Stephen Dhillon
There seems to be alot of depth on the Right side and that is without Bracco who might again have a tough time finding a spot. Not suggesting that those will be actual D pairings. I also am not so sure Foote is a done deal. He is in a similar predicament as Chycrun and Brown. It would be a good get as the Kelowna Rockets seem to have good track record with developing D-men.
I also added Brennan Menell (97), a right handed puck mover who plays on Vancouver Giants top pair. A long shot but. Of course, alot is going to change and other variables such as who will be coaching.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
We had a grind line in 2013 :dunno:

Yes, and I get the feeling that's why they've felt the need to have one every year since then. Keep in mind that line had Ryan Hartman who was great at a grind line role but was a pretty talented offensive player also.

USA hockey is to the point where they can construct a bottom 6 that is defensively responsible/good at killing penalties AND can produce offense. A guy like Roslovic could have done those things as well as Eansor, Hitchcock, and Donato and he could have contributed offensively instead of being a total liability like those three were.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Tkachuk-White-DeBrincat
Bellows-Keller-Boeser
Yan-Roslovic-Kunin
Jones-Warren-Fischer
Tufte

Krys-McAvoy
Jones-Foote
Dineen-Lindgren
Fitzgerald

Opilka
Parsons

Incredibly deep at forward again next season, going to be some tough choices.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
hopefully they take the most talented players next season. difficult to win tight games if ur top players have an off day and u have to many "role" players.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
hopefully they take the most talented players next season. difficult to win tight games if ur top players have an off day and u have to many "role" players.

!st, I'm not here to bash anyone. This is just my opinion

Top players shouldn't have off days in a 5 - 7 game tournament

Finland top line with 2 98's got better every game

USA gave up 10 or 11 goals in 7 games with 3 goals against in bronze medal game. We are not supposed to lose .

Anyone can look good and put up points against the weaker teams in 4 or more goal wins, basically garbage time goals and garbage time + / -.

So, stats don't always tell the truth.

NOT everyone can be responsible 200 ft players.

This was a team made up mostly of those type of players which helped keeping the opponents off the board along with excellent goaltending and a very good job of top 4 D.

Also had an unreal 95% pk with 2 or 3 5 on 3's.

My 3 scorers off top 3 lines....

Milano ( played very good when it counted ), Boeser ( my biggest disappointment ) and Debrincat ( in the running for #1 disappointment ) were the "scorers" with less 200 ft expectations. Milano put up points when it counted and was just flying out there ( hot dogging too but you know what you get with him ) an overall very good showing in big games. The other 2 were total no shows , nothing more to say.

Overall, way better than I expected and am happy with a medal but really thought we had a shot at the gold as tournament went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig