WC: 2017 Team Slovakia

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
Kometa was also ridiculous team for standards of our league. Unbeatable powerhouse.

Thats true but it isn't all about numbers. He did it all, clutch saves, poise, great positioning. I don't think we would win this convincingly with lets say Rybar or Lasak in the net

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Did Tomas Zaborsky retire from the national team? He's back from injury and has scored some big goals for Brynas in the SHL finals.

After missing most of the season, I don't think he'd be opposed to lengthening his season. If he still plays for the national team...

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
Did Tomas Zaborsky retire from the national team? He's back from injury and has scored some big goals for Brynas in the SHL finals.

After missing most of the season, I don't think he'd be opposed to lengthening his season. If he still plays for the national team...

He hasn't been interested in representing his country for a while.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk

Something like this. He is a freak. Tough person. There were some issues with German Cup i think and after that he said, he never wants to play for National team. He is a good player, but he isnt a game changing player. Slovak team is good also without him.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Surovy say no...oh

Bakos - Hudacek - Miklik
Kudrna - Cingel - Jurco
Hascak - Skokan - Dravecky
Lusnak - Stastny - Skalicky
Hrnka, Slovak?Hovorka?Suja?Macik?

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
oh oh oh :(

new players new blood

Kudrna - Cingel - Hudacek
Bakos - Bliznak - Miklik
Dravecky - Skokan - Hascak
Lusnak - Stastny - Skalicky
Hrnka, Suja

Cajkovsky - Granak
Mikus - Gernat
Sersen - Janosik
Svarny - Ceresnak

Laco
Hudacek
Janus/Rybar

Keram

Jan 16, 2016
It is really ridculous that every slovak NHL player who ended season abandoned NT. I know it is different time than early 00´s and other NT have lot of abandoned players too but this is whole new different level of it. I think first time in history there wont be any NHL player in slovak team. This team is weakest slovak team ever for sure and at this tourney it is maybe 13-15. Only Italy is weaker but it will be though fight with them. I have been allways looking forward to wch since 1999 when I was a young boy but this time it is really meh. We can releagate. It will be only one year anyway cause 2019 it is in Slovakia.... I will wrote down the line ups with players who dont want to go or they are injured.

Hossa-Viedensky-Tatar
Panik- Surovy- Gaborik
Jurco- Hrivik ( he is witth Rangers , bit he told he wont go anyway) - Dano
Zaborsky- Marcinko-Nagy

Chara - Marincin ( I read he probably wont go either)
Jaros- Meszaros
Daloga -

Halak, Budaj

Pretty solid squad could be...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
You think he might be just protecting his health for a new contract?

I don't think he would bother with the exhibition games if that were the case. He's one of the few players who never said no to the NT without a good reason. Most probably he really felt that the team was better off without him.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I think, its really that, what he said. Performance. This season was very bad for him. I was surprised, that he was called to national team. And that he came.
Well he was in the first pairing in projected lineups and the friendlies so even if he was terrible I'm not sure recusing himself helps the team for lack of superior substitutes.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
How long is the list of declines now of players who should have been healthy enough to play? (NHL+Europe).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad