WC: 2017 Team Slovakia

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
G: Jaroslav Halák (Bridgeport/Islanders), Peter Budaj (Tampa), Július Hudáček, Marek Čiliak, Peter Hamerlík, Jaroslav Janus, Ján Laco, Branislav Konrád, Patrik Rybár, Denis Godla, Adam Húska, Samuel BaroÅ¡.

D: Zdeno Chára (Boston), Andrej Sekera (Edmonton), Martin Marinčin (Toronto), Michal Čajkovský, Martin Gernát, Juraj MikuÅ¡, Dominik Graňák, Michal Sersen, Ivan Å varný, Tomáš Starosta, Peter ČereÅ¡ňák, Adam Jánošík, Juraj Valach, Christián JaroÅ¡, Eduard Å edivý.

F: Marián Hossa (Chicago), Marián Gáborík (LA), Tomáš Tatar (Detroit), Richard Pánik (Chicago), Tomáš Jurčo (Chicago), Peter Cehlárik (Providence/Boston), Marek Hrivík (Hartford/Rangers), Marko Daňo (Winnipeg), Vladimír Dravecký, Libor Hudáček, Martin BakoÅ¡, Tomáš Marcinko, Lukáš Cingel, Andrej Kudrna, Dávid Skokan, Patrik LuÅ¡ňák, Pavol Skalický, Andrej Å tastný, Michal Hlinka, Marcel HaÅ¡čák, Juraj Mikúš, Ladislav Nagy, Tomáš Surový, Michel Miklík, Marek Bartánus, Tomáš Hrnka, Marek Slovák, Tomáš Suja.

Have your say...

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Considering Tatar will likely refuse:

Gáborík - Daňo - Hudáček
Dravecký - Mikúš - HaÅ¡čák
Bakoš - Marcinko - Miklík
Kudrna - Surový - Cingel
Slovák, Gríger

Chára/Sekera - Jaroš
Čajkovský - Gernát
Graňák - MikuÅ¡
Sersen - Starosta

Halák/Budaj, Janus, Hudáček

:dunno:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
How good have Mislav Rosandic and Matus Holenda become? I was a fan of both these players in the World Juniors a couple of years ago.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Rosandič played most of the season for Slovan in the KHL - generally a 3rd-line or 7th defender with not that big TOI. He had some terrible, unexperienced moments, but also made several solid performances. All in all, didn't dissapoint and might get a chance next season as well. Now he plays playoffs in the Slovak league in a team which finished 1st in the regular season so he has decent chances to win the title.

Know nothing about performance of Holenda, though. In the contrast with Rosandič, he now plays playout of Slovakian league. On the other hand, his stats have been very nice.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Considering Tatar will likely refuse:

Gáborík - Daňo - Hudáček
Dravecký - Mikúš - HaÅ¡čák
Bakoš - Marcinko - Miklík
Kudrna - Surový - Cingel
Slovák, Gríger

Chára/Sekera - Jaroš
Čajkovský - Gernát
Graňák - MikuÅ¡
Sersen - Starosta

Halák/Budaj, Janus, Hudáček

:dunno:

Dont see Gaborik, Halak and also Budaj on WCH. Just my feeling.

Sekera is with Oilers in playoff. They could make it to the 2. or 3. round. But if not, he could be welcome.

Chara? Last year he refused because of his newborn twins. Hm, would you go with 1 year old twins waiting home?

Granak - he has a bad season and maybe he would refuse to participate in the national team because of that. And because he is a free agent. He did a lot but its time to move on.

Jaros is a big question for me. He didn't played much in last month. Dont know, if he was injured or performance issues. But dont see him as a lock.

Surprised, you forgot Hrivik.

Its tough to make a roster for me. For now, i will only comment to other posts. :D

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Nominácia na prvý reprezentačný kemp
Brankári: Július Hudáček (Örebrö HK/Švéd., 30 zápasov v národnom tíme), Jaroslav Janus (HC Verva Litvínov/ČR, 16)

Obrancovia: Michal Čajkovský (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg, Rus./KHL, 10/3 góly), Martin Gernát (HC Sparta Praha/ČR, 8/3), Juraj Mikuš (HC Sparta Praha/ČR, 43/3), Ivan Švarný (Kärpät Oulu/Fín., 109/4), Oldřich Kotvan (HC PSG Zlín/ČR, 12/0), Ľubomír Dinda (HK ŠKP Poprad, 3/0), Marek Ďaloga (Slovan Bratislava/KHL, 54/3), Samuel Fereta (Slovan Bratislava, 0/0)

Útočníci: Martin Bakoš (Červená hviezda Kchun-lun, Čín./KHL, 34/6), Lukáš Cingel (HC Sparta Praha/ČR, 13/2), Libor Hudáček (Örebrö HK/Švéd., 72/15), Andrej Kudrna (HC Sparta Praha/ČR, 16/6), Tomáš Marcinko (Červená hviezda Kchun-lun, Čín./KHL, 52/4), Michael Vandas (HC Vítkovice/ČR, 19/1), Andreas Štrauch (HK Poprad, 3/0), Peter Lichanec (HK ŠKP Poprad, 3/0), Adam Lapšanský (Ravensburg Towerstar/Nem., 16/7), Samuel Takáč (LHC Lyons/Fr., 0/0), Stanislav Horanský (EHC Biel-Bienne/Švajč., SC Langenthal/Švajč., 0/0).

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Dont see Gaborik, Halak and also Budaj on WCH. Just my feeling.

Sekera is with Oilers in playoff. They could make it to the 2. or 3. round. But if not, he could be welcome.

Chara? Last year he refused because of his newborn twins. Hm, would you go with 1 year old twins waiting home?

Granak - he has a bad season and maybe he would refuse to participate in the national team because of that. And because he is a free agent. He did a lot but its time to move on.

Jaros is a big question for me. He didn't played much in last month. Dont know, if he was injured or performance issues. But dont see him as a lock.

Surprised, you forgot Hrivik.

Its tough to make a roster for me. For now, i will only comment to other posts. :D

See ya friend. I implemented your remarks and last news :) Here's my updated roster ;)

Gáborík/Nagy - Daňo - Hudáček
Dravecký - Hrivík - Haščák
Bakoš - Surový - Miklík
Kudrna - Cingel - Skokan
Slovák, Gríger

Chára/Sekera - Ďaloga
Čajkovský - Gernát
Graňák/Švárny - Mikuš
Sersen - Starosta

Janus, Hudáček, Halák/Budaj/Laco/Godla

Talking about Chára... no matter he's 40 yo, he's great athlete and this time his wife can give him a present :laugh:

I don't think Graňák is done, but considering he's offensive defender and he didn't score a single goal this season, it's possible to replace him.

Jaroš is injured and therefore he hasn't been playing. Otherwise he should be there IMO. On the other side it looks like Ďaloga will be healthy, so for me he's there instead of him.

I thought Hrivík will be in AHL play-off. My bad.
Still there's a chance Rangers will call him up and he won't be eligible for NT. :help:

I just can't believe Chicago will be out of the NHL play-off after 1st round of course.

I think there's one really important factor, which also effects our NT. It's the end of march and what was known to be a BIG 3 teams in Slovak club hockey (Slovan Bratislava, HC "VSŽ" Košice, Dukla Trenčín), are all already on holidays...

Management of Slovan and its fans think Slovan is too big for Extraliga. Well, it looks like they (and their wallets) are too small for KHL play-off and it effects badly the other two big teams. Players of HC Košice and their fans seems to be apathetic without Slovan, while Dukla is clearly underfunded. Few years ago they were talking about big reconstruction (with the help of swiss money) of the stadium. Stadium is the same as in the 90s and Dukla is loosing games in Extraliga's play-out. :help: Luckily the other teams are taking the advantage of it. Namely Banská Bystrica and Nitra. In conflict between Lintner - Krajči I'm on the side of Lintner. IMO Richard and Kohút as the president of the federation are doing great job on their chairs.

On the other side management of Slovan and even their fans need to absorb a little bit of humility. They want it or not, Bratislava is the capital of Slovakia. If they think, that instead of KHL Slovan will play EBEL, then they need to understand, they won't... For the goodness of Slovak hockey ;)

BTW Look at the rosters I posted here. How many Slovan players are there? Management of Slovan was talking, Slovan players will be the core of the NT... It's sad.

Last edited:

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Don't think so. If somebody else and young, it's Godla. ;)

Well, Rybár knocked Janus out of the POs. As for Čiliak there can't be any doubt that he is far better than the hole Janus. I would choose Čiliak as a 1st pick from European goalies. Godla can be a 3rd goalie, sure, why not.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Konrad, Marcinko, Juraj Mikus (Olomouc), Jaros, Meszaros are out (injury). Daloga maybe...

my best Europe team Slovakia is

Hudacek, Laco, Godla
Sub. Ciliak

Cajkovsky - Granak
Mikus - Gernat
Sersen - Daloga (Valach)
Janosik - Ceresnak
Sub. Svarny

Dravecky - Hudacek - Bakos
Hascak - Surovy - Miklik
Dej - Slovak - Skokan
Kudrna - Bliznak - Cingel
Lusnak, Macik
Sub. Griger

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Also no Hossa, Tatar, Nagy. Not that one was expecting them. On the other hand, Sekera and Marinčin want to join if they get knocked out of the playoffs.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Daloga is out, Jaros too, Nagy say no...Marcinko is out...Gernat, Cajkovsky have less injury...Dravecky has the stomach flu.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Gaborik, Dano, Tatar, Nagy said no. Meszaros, Daloga, Jaros, Mikus(Olomouc), Marcinko have injured. I think, that Halak, Budaj, Hossa, Chara, Panik, Budaj not come. Budaj and Panik haven't a contract. They will not risk. Halak too. Chara and Hossa are older. Recreation, family... Maybe Hrivik, Jurco, Cehlarik, Sekera and Marincin.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
Nominácia A-tímu SR pred utorňajšÃ­m zrazom v Žiline (11.4.):

Brankári: Július Hudáček (Örebrö HK, Švéd.), Samuel Baroš (HKM Zvolen), Patrik Rybár (HK Hradec Kralove/ČR – od 12.4.)

Obrancovia: Eduard Šedivý (HC Košice), Juraj Mikuš (HC Sparta Praha, ČR), Martin Gernát (HC Sparta Praha, ČR), Ivan Švarný (Kärpät Oulu, Fín.), Michal Čajkovský (Avtomobilist Jekaterinburg, Rus./KHL), Peter Čerešňák (HC Škoda Plzeň, ČR), Ján Brejčák (MODO Hockey, Švéd.), Dominik Graňák (Rögle BK/Švéd.)

Útočníci: Martin Bakoš (Červená hviezda Kchun-lun, Čína/KHL), Michael Vandas (HC Vítkovice, ČR), Adam Lapšanský (Ravensburg Towerstar, Nem.), Vladimír Dravecký (HC Oceláři Třinec, ČR), Patrik Svitana (HK Poprad), Tomáš Hrnka (HC Škoda Plzeň, ČR), Miroslav Preisinger (HC Plzeň), Libor Hudáček (Örebrö HK, Švéd.), Marek Bartánus (HC Košice), Jakub Suja (HC Košice), Patrik Lušňák (HKM Zvolen), Lukáš Cingel (HC Sparta Praha, ČR), Andrej Kudrna (HC Sparta Praha, ČR), Marek Hovorka (MsHK Žilina), Andrej Šťastný (Dukla Trenčín – od 12.4.)

Fortunately, no Janus.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What's up with all the declines (and expected declines, judging by this thread)? Are players still upset with the Slovak hockey federation? I remember around 30 players issueing a statement criticising the federation a couple of years ago, and threatening to boycott the national team if things wouldn't change.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
What's up with all the declines (and expected declines, judging by this thread)? Are players still upset with the Slovak hockey federation? I remember around 30 players issueing a statement criticising the federation a couple of years ago, and threatening to boycott the national team if things wouldn't change.

Thats already a history. It seems, that the issues are fixed. We have a new president and he seems to make it better.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Who is this Nagy everyone is mentioning? Is it grandpa Ladislav?

I would be surprised if Chara, Hossa, or Gaborik ever donned the colors again, especially as the NHL isn't going to the 2018 Olympics. It's past time to start looking to the future. There's Cehlarik and Dano, and Tatar and Panik aren't half bad. Then there are upcoming guys like Ruzicka, maybe Roman down the line. Won't be a contending force but not a half bad team at all.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava

It is quite common for NHL players to refuse to play in the World Championship. It is not prestigious enough for most of them so they choose to relax instead. Or they tend to talk some kind of a crap that they do not have a contract for next season and are afraid of getting injured. Of course, there are some exceptions - Sekera or Marinčin, for instance. In 2011, of course, everyone wanted play at home. Then in 2015 Gáborík came to play in the Czech Republic, since it was de facto another home tournament for us.
Apart from that, we have many injured players, and some such as Nagy (yes, kabidjan, it is Ladislav) just do not "feel it" at their age.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
Panik, Hossa and Jurco say no...oh..

Laco
Hudacek
Janus

Granak - Cajkovsky
Mikus - Gernat
Sersen - Janosik
Svarny - Ceresnak

Bakos - Surovy - Miklik
Kudrna - Cingel - Hudacek
Dravecky - Skokan - Hascak
Skalicky - Bliznak - Lusnak
?,?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Panik, Hossa and Jurco say no...oh..

Laco
Hudacek
Janus

Granak - Cajkovsky
Mikus - Gernat
Sersen - Janosik
Svarny - Ceresnak

Bakos - Surovy - Miklik
Kudrna - Cingel - Hudacek
Dravecky - Skokan - Hascak
Skalicky - Bliznak - Lusnak
?,?

How many of those players would make the WC team, if none of the elimated NHL'ers had declined and if Reway, Viedensky, Meszaros, Jaros, Marcinko and others weren't injured? :(

And is Libor Hudacek healthy enough to play? I saw he suffered a worrysome injury against Finland recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: