WC: 2017 Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I think that Finland can only win if Sweden is too overconfident kind of like they were vs Switzerland. But of course, that in itself is very possible.

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
As awkward and unpleasant as that possibility sounds it has some nasty hard core truth in it, most likely. In any case Mr. Berry Hill must redeem himself still in the next game against the infuriatingly self-indulgent Swedes for us true critics to give him the credit, other than the speculative one called the benefit of the doubt which I don't see as a real material option of appreciation.

As awkward and unpleasant as that possibility sounds, we must conclude that if Finland loses against Sweden today, it was most likely because the Finnish players were having a hangover. It has some nasty hard core truth in it, most likely.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
As awkward and unpleasant as that possibility sounds, we must conclude that if Finland loses against Sweden today, it was most likely because the Finnish players were having a hangover. It has some nasty hard core truth in it, most likely.

With a slight chance of having taken the dive in order to get easier opponent for the next game.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Another possibility is that they were too spent after having a late scoring and stick handling practice session with motivational coaches Sara Sieppi & Pia Lamberg. We already saw signs of it with Puljujärvi stumbling on the morning ice. Shaky legs and loins.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011

Your sarcasm is premature and unfounded since the relevant facts (differentiating Team USA and Team Finland) are not on your side in this matter. There is no so called hard core truth in the implied idea Team Finland would approach this game with arrogance or without adequate seriousness. While the Yanks - well, they didn't give their 100 % in the game against Finland. For reasons of a mental hangover kind if not also due to a more physiological one.

stonec

Nov 21, 2011
While the Yanks - well, they didn't give their 100 % in the game against Finland. For reasons of a mental hangover kind if not also due to a more physiological one.

Well yeah, why would the Yanks give it 100% in game 8, especially as they were a goal behind for most of the game, so why bother trying to tie it. Also with their past history including losses every time in the quarters against Finland, they must have known in advance it was an impossible job. Better to put the effort against Russia in a meaningless game, but then take it easy in the decisive game so that you can exit the tournament and enjoy an earlier holiday.

Perhaps instead of giving some truth to these wild and unfounded speculations, we should listen what the USA players thought:

“We had the puck a lot today, but we couldn’t break through trap,” Larkin said. “It was a frustrating game, frustrating way to end the tournament after so many positives.”

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
"They didn't give 100%"
This is the way you can spot the poster who hasn't played any sports in competitive level.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
"They didn't give 100%"
This is the way you can spot the poster who hasn't played any sports in competitive level.

More than you, wise guy. Join me in a rink or soccer pitch or wherever. Then we will talk. :help:

Edit. BTW You are the one on these forums always selling your biased Oulu based propaganda while bashing more or less openly guys like Laine, or so you did once, giving the edge to Pulju in their so called "rivalry" - which has turned out to be a real rivalry indeed. Hah. - I mean, you have no more credibility in matters of objective assessment than anybody else on these boards.

Last edited:

Mara

May 10, 2011
There is a vocal and articulated minority here who thinks otherwise, at least for the sake of the argument (me L'Offer included): A) "It is just a game" is not my kinda argument as regards games and their role in human life and society. b) The advice of being happy is too a vague idea to amount to anything interesting or uselful. It is similar to "it is just a game" in the sense it assumes there were no real complexities or conflictst involved in the quest of happiness when there obviously are, and the same applies to games. C) What is the fun of being always so "happy" and uncritical in this complex and subtle life. Not my kinda happiness, anyway: not my cup of tea. So, ice hockey is not just an easy way of shutting down one's own thinking, even less it is a way of calming one's emotional engine.

Be happy all you want. But be careful what you wish for and what you interpret as "happiness". :D

And, "theStudent", don't be too sorry. You are still a student. I am a wise, learned man with lots of reading behind. And one of the better writers on this planet. A ****ing serious pro. So, you will get there in due course, if you are ready for its high demands. ;)

Relax, enjoy. You're some dude watching the games, not making decisions. The team made it to the medal games, which is what can be realistically expected. With that squad! Life is good in hockey world, unclench that butt and enjoy the rest of the games.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Relax, enjoy. You're some dude watching the games, not making decisions. The team made it to the medal games, which is what can be realistically expected. With that squad! Life is good in hockey world, unclench that butt and enjoy the rest of the games.

Well, sure. I will. Hopefully we will see a spirited showing from the Lions tonight and not that usual Berry Hill tragicomedy, episode XYZ. Then I will gladly say, well done, mr. Berry Hill. Keep that!

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Well, meh. This public servant level is just what you get with mr. Berry Hill. Yeah, a material difference but it won't get better than this even with the best players with mr. Berry Hill.

But as an interim transitional coach he will do. Meh nah and boh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad