WC: 2017 Team Canada - Part II

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
In almost the exact same situation, Crosby winning the Art Ross in his second season after representing Canada following his rookie season, Crosby refused. That was after only a first round elimination. He also could have gone and was invited in 2012, though it is understandable why he didn't.

Maybe in next season McDavid accept invite?

For example Jack Eichel in last year decline invite and this year accepted)

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
How did Marner play vs. France? Any points? And where would you rank him out of the forwards on the team based on performance during the whole tournament?

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Which defenders are expected to run the PP's? Parayko and Lee? What about Matheson?

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Duchene benched for tomorrow's game because he broke a picture frame when the team was playing mini-sticks in the hallway.

Mackinnon given a stern talking to for ordering inappropriate material on his hotel room TV.

Skinner suspended by the team because he mixed up a crazy drink concoction with every item on the table when the team was out to dinner and bet that there was "no way" Marner would drink it. Marner is still puking and is questionable for tomorrow.

No way :D :D

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
There are still lots of things for Canada to work on at this tournament. Pickard was bad against Switzerland, but he's still the best goaltender on the team. Scheifele needs to get going and they need to find some decent line combinations. I don't like Skinner and Duchene flanking Couturier, for instance.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Scheifele had a great first shift of the first game, when he stole the puck and set up a goal. Hasn't been noticeable at all since.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Very important for Canada to finish first in their group. A second place finish would mean they would face either the US or Sweden which just added Lundqvist.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Maybe in next season McDavid accept invite?

For example Jack Eichel in last year decline invite and this year accepted)

I dont think anyone should be expected to play after the second round of the playoffs. I think it disrupts team chemistry too. Unless it's an obvious huge piece (Lundqvist) I don't think it's worth it. McDavid would be a huge add but skill is never Canada's issue.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I dont think anyone should be expected to play after the second round of the playoffs. I think it disrupts team chemistry too. Unless it's an obvious huge piece (Lundqvist) I don't think it's worth it. McDavid would be a huge add but skill is never Canada's issue.

A lot of the players who turned down invites had played in the World Cup back in September. It has been a long season for them so I really can't blame them for saying no. I expect a better Team Canada next year.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
A lot of the players who turned down invites had played in the World Cup back in September. It has been a long season for them so I really can't blame them for saying no. I expect a better Team Canada next year.

Totally agree.

Canada bring Prague level roster:handclap::handclap:

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

Ya, didn't sit particularly well with me either.

I'd probably drop Alex Killhorn from the lineup altogether. I really thought he'd be better than this at this particular 3rd. rate tournament.

It's time for Duchene, Schenn and Scheifele to get to producing.

Good news with the loss to the Swiss, finally Miller and Ferraro may move on to a new narrative of Canada's record over the last 2 tournaments. Those 2 have been a broken record.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia

Ya, didn't sit particularly well with me either.

I'd probably drop Alex Killhorn from the lineup altogether. I really thought he'd be better than this at this particular 3rd. rate tournament.

It's time for Duchene, Schenn and Scheifele to get to producing.

Good news with the loss to the Swiss, finally Miller and Ferraro may move on to a new narrative of Canada's record over the last 2 tournaments. Those 2 have been a broken record.

Yeah, time to drop that act from them.

And agreed, Scheif,Duch and schenn need to get things going. Basically passengers right now.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Doesn't make sense why marner's line plays limited minutes, they are the best line the team has. I don't feel confident with this group though, once we face russia or sweden.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
LEE can play in NHL?
NHL level?

His long career in the AHL and playing abroad would indicate that, no, he doesn't have what it takes to earn a NHL roster spot. Nonetheless, if there every was a last chance, this is his opportunity to earn a NHL contract, owing to his increased exposure to the people making such decisions.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Got to wonder if Barrie's absence is hurting the team more than it should. We were looking pretty good before Barrie's absence and now it's like we've lost a few steps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad