Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
"kaputt" (written with a double t in German) most definitely means broken. Dunno where it comes from though and apparently Wikipedia doesn't know for sure either.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
"kaputt" (written with a double t in German) most definitely means broken. Dunno where it comes from though and apparently Wikipedia doesn't know for sure either.

They are not related, captain is from head (compare capu) and kaputt is some distant derivative from cut, probably from capsize since a capsized boat was seen as “cutting” through the water instead of floating on it.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
"IsN’t LIas BeiNg nAmED caPtaIn a PreTtY bIg DeAL?"

spongebobicon.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know some kids can play in the WJC for two years past their draft year. Can Lias play both this year and next year?

Here are the eligibility rules:
A player is eligible to play in the World Junior Ice Hockey Championships if:[10]
  • the player is of the male gender;
  • the player has his 20th birthday in the year of the tournament's ending (i.e. born in 1994 for 2014 tournament), and at latest, the fifth year after the tournament's ending (i.e. born in 1999 for 2014 tournament);
  • the player is a citizen in the country he represents;
  • the player is under the jurisdiction of a national association that is a member of the IIHF.

Lias turns 20 in 2018 which means he isn't eligible for the tournament next year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Early birthdays can play two after being drafted, late can not.

Most of our recent WJC participants were early birthdays. Last late birthday WJC participant we had was Shestyorkin.

Andersson played last year though, so he'll end up playing two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad