Prospect Info: 2017 NHL Draft / Pick #7 - Lias Andersson (C)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sweden has a good roster. The top end of their roster is the best in this tournament I think. Will they have the depth to match the USA and Canada? I think Canada's roster choices have negated some of their depth though, although they likely will have the best goalie, so that might negate their bad roster decisions.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The generational player

Dahlin alone can make any PP lethal at that level.

I don't think there's a real comparison there. If the coach picks Andersson over Pettersson, he's an idiot. Pettersson is the best Swedish forward outside the NHL. He leads the SHL in points.

Maybe Andersson could make it as well. Probably not but a great WJC might give him a chance. It helps that he's versatile and could play on the fourth line.

It's not as if only one of them can make it. Don't be silly. Pettersson playing RW with Andersson centering that top line would make a lot of sense.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
Swedens coach Rickard Grönborg was quoted saying he's going to the WJC to look at Rasmus Dahlin, Elias Pettersson (shockers) AND Lias Andersson as potential players for the Olympics. My guess is that Dahlin and Pettersson are pretty much locks, it's cool that he mentions Lias by name though, would be really cool if he makes the Olympics.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Swedens coach Rickard Grönborg was quoted saying he's going to the WJC to look at Rasmus Dahlin, Elias Pettersson (shockers) AND Lias Andersson as potential players for the Olympics. My guess is that Dahlin and Pettersson are pretty much locks, it's cool that he mentions Lias by name though, would be really cool if he makes the Olympics.

I definitely think Lias can make the team for the Olympics. It's time people in Sweden get over their obsession with Joel Lundqvist.

Reactions: NewLife and Ola

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
I doubt he makes it though, Swedens coaching staff is always conservative with youngsters, i bet it bothers them they have to bring Dahlin and Pettersson. Bringing three teenagers? That would be crazy, but i hope it happens :)

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dahlin alone can make any PP lethal at that level.

It's not as if only one of them can make it. Don't be silly. Pettersson playing RW with Andersson centering that top line would make a lot of sense.

I didn't say only one could make it, I was responding to a question that asked about who is taken first. I think that's Pettersson, I can't see how he's not a lock. He leads the SHL in points.

Andersson could make it, but I don't get the sense that he's on the team right now. I think he's probably in the last 5-10 forwards left off as of now. He'll be a better hockey player eventually than 99% of those who he's competing with for a spot, but the team won't be picked on potential. I think he needs a real standout WJC performance to put himself on the team.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Sweden’s team:

Målvakt: Filip Larsson (Olle Eriksson Ek)
Backpar: Jacob Moverare, Gustav Lindström – Erik Brännström, Filip Westerlund – Linus Högberg, Timothy Liljegren.
Extraback: Jesper Sellgren
Kedjor: Fredrik Karlström, Lias Andersson, Jesper Boqvist – Axel Jonsson Fjällby, Marcus Davidsson, Glenn Gustafsson – Lucas Elvenes, Jacob Olofsson, David Gustafsson – Tim Söderlund, Isac Lundeström, Oskar Steen.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
C'mon guys, you're also forgetting about Vilardi!

He would've thrown off the crutches, rocketed around 12 or 13 guys, put on a blindfold, and gone top shelf for a baker's dozen. And it would've been a shutout because of his possession numbers and the fact that he is also played goal.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
C'mon guys, you're also forgetting about Vilardi!

He would've thrown off the crutches, rocketed around 12 or 13 guys, put on a blindfold, and gone top shelf for a baker's dozen. And it would've been a shutout because of his possession numbers and the fact that he is also played goal.

Why would he need to play goalie if he's got 100% c/f? Oh, I get it - he'd also generate shots against that he'd block himself.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Elias Petersson talking about how he wants to dominate every game at the WJC, but this passive, beta loser can’t even show an inkling of competitive fire. Bust! Sad!

Reactions: YandleBar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad