2017 New Logo/Jersey News And Concepts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I'm interested in seeing the heritage jersey in true white. The heritage classic jerseys looked amazing.

karlsson_front_1024x1024.jpg

Also Rihanna liked the heritage design
o-RIHANNA-SENS-JERSEY-570.jpg

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa
I'm interested in seeing the heritage jersey in true white. The heritage classic jerseys looked amazing.

karlsson_front_1024x1024.jpg

Also Rihanna liked the heritage design
o-RIHANNA-SENS-JERSEY-570.jpg

I don't think they're going to just make the Heritage Classic jersey the main white jersey. Even making it white instead of ivory would probably be too close to the original to persuade many fans to buy new ones. There's too much money to be made releasing an all new jersey for people to buy rather than recycling an old one.

salomonster

Oct 7, 2006
Double dot
Ottawa has not changed anything with the home and away jerseys since the RBK edge jerseys came out in 07-08. This is why the RED home jerseys are floundering.
Same with the WHITES. The SNES one was a flop and ditched for the Heritage 3rd.

Peeps are tired of the RBK ones and have seen other team update theirs. And this is why the love affair for the heritage black version is so popular. Pretty obvious.

Pretty obvious that the home and aways will get a face lift.

I think that poll is skewed, RED are getting poor votes, not cause they are red but because the Heritage just is newer and Ottawa fan just love black.

Id like to see a totally new RED home, new WHITE aways (the original 2d WHITE).

And a split of games with the 92 BLACK and the current Heritage.

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa
Ottawa has not changed anything with the home and away jerseys since the RBK edge jerseys came out in 07-08. This is why the RED home jerseys are floundering.
Same with the WHITES. The SNES one was a flop and ditched for the Heritage 3rd.

Peeps are tired of the RBK ones and have seen other team update theirs. And this is why the love affair for the heritage black version is so popular. Pretty obvious.

Pretty obvious that the home and aways will get a face lift.

I think that poll is skewed, RED are getting poor votes, not cause they are red but because the Heritage just is newer and Ottawa fan just love black.

Id like to see a totally new RED home, new WHITE aways (the original 2d WHITE).

And a split of games with the 92 BLACK and the current Heritage.

Should the Heritage be altered at all? I'd be ok if the stripes were a little smaller. It always bugged me a bit how the bottom two stripes seem kind of tacked on. I know they weren't a part of the original design, and it sure looks like it.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
As we all know, the NHL's contract with Reebok is expiring after this year, and Adidas is set to take over. I know it's quite early, but I'm curious to gauge the interests of the fan community on what direction Ottawa should go in. As it stands, Ottawa in the only team left that is still using the original Reebok design from 2007, so an update is probably overdue. I figured this could also be a place for the more artistically talented among us to post concepts, and maybe a place for when news on the new look inevitably comes.

Let me get the ball rolling by saying that I strongly support a continuation of the Roman theme in some fashion, while keeping the heritage jersey as a third jersey. I just don't think it works a permanent look. I favour a return to the 2D senator in some way. I've seen this concept floating around online, and perfectly sums up what I think should be the new look:

Ten.jpeg

So, I'm very curious to hear what the other thoughts out there are.

Just wow.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I actually don't like this jersey, and it's mostly because of the black shoulders. Should remove that entirely, then it might work but still comes off too busy. I am however in favor of going back to the 2D design with a minor update to it.

I love the black stripe on the Reds, but I had the same feeling about the Whites. Still love them, though. And I still 100% favour something like this over what we have now. Frankly what we have now isn't busy enough, they are way too plain which is why I will never buy one. These ones are just the right amount of "busy" in my opinion.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
Should the Heritage be altered at all? I'd be ok if the stripes were a little smaller. It always bugged me a bit how the bottom two stripes seem kind of tacked on. I know they weren't a part of the original design, and it sure looks like it.

You liked the original concept better?

jers_black.jpg

I really hated the sleeve stripes on that jersey and I felt without the bottom stripes it looked unfinished, almost like a practice jersey.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

I would so buy that. no questions asked. .

Also im one of the weirdos that like our current home red over all the other options. I just find when everyone in the crowd wears it the stadium pops and looks pretty nice on TV, and at the game.

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa
You liked the original concept better?

jers_black.jpg

I really hated the sleeve stripes on that jersey and I felt without the bottom stripes it looked unfinished, almost like a practice jersey.

No, not at all. My point is that the bottom two stripes seem tacked on, and the fact they weren't part of the original design confirms this in my mind. No, the current design is great, but I think making the stripes the same size and uniformly smaller by just a bit could make it that much better. As big a proponent as I am of keeping the Roman theme and bringing back the 2D logo as our main logo, but our Heritage jersey is the best we have right now. And to whoever commented on the black stripes on the concept for that white jersey, I agree. Take the black stripes off the shoulders and it's perfect.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I know I'm alone, and I DO love the heritage jerseys, but the irregular striping has always irked me. They should have just gone full out:

Real Heritage Jerseys.

Way, way too busy. Eye-blurringly, headache-inducingly busy.

I like the current heritage design: a nod to history without being too literal about it. But I kind of wish the O wasn't quite so oval, like a zero. I'd prefer a squared-off O, like the Ohio State logo.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
I don't think they're going to just make the Heritage Classic jersey the main white jersey. Even making it white instead of ivory would probably be too close to the original to persuade many fans to buy new ones. There's too much money to be made releasing an all new jersey for people to buy rather than recycling an old one.

Worked for the canucks, but I see your point

edge%20third.jpg

edge%20away.jpg
edge%20home.jpg

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
zDmGrzB.png

I don't like the "wings" on the centurion. The bottom one is supposed to be the cape but the top two are duuuuuumb. Get rid of them entirely I say.

Someone better at photoshop could do more with it, but I took a crack at making a circular version of that logo.

Used this PNG to get the circular border.

sensaltlogocopy.png

dzxgbgE.png

Slapped it on a heritage jersey concept I found on google (not made by me).

BsLpe23.jpg

Senzilla

Aug 20, 2016
Ottawa
Worked for the canucks, but I see your point

edge%20third.jpg

edge%20away.jpg
edge%20home.jpg

Even with that, the logo on the Canucks' throwback jersey is a bit different from the original. the stick is smaller on the original and the borders on the rink are different. Here's the original, you can see the difference:
Vancouver_Canucks_70er.svg

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Someone better at photoshop could do more with it, but I took a crack at making a circular version of that logo.

Used this PNG to get the circular border.

sensaltlogocopy.png

dzxgbgE.png

Slapped it on a heritage jersey concept I found on google (not made by me).

BsLpe23.jpg

I think this confirms that the logo really does need the head "broom" and the wings. Nice try though. ;)

I don't think it would be all that hard to just hire a competent designer to do a soft, modern update on the original logo though. Most Sens fans are basically dying for it.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Instead of the broom being forehead to the back of the head, what about one of those helms that the broom from side to side? A logo based on the front view of this with no face.

Helmet_centurion_end_of_second_century.jpg

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think this confirms that the logo really does need the head "broom" and the wings. Nice try though. ;)

I don't think it would be all that hard to just hire a competent designer to do a soft, modern update on the original logo though. Most Sens fans are basically dying for it.

Someone with more photoshop skill could probably do a version with the head aligned more to the right and with a smaller version of the red broom (is that what we are calling it now?) sticking out.

Here's an updated version that is centered with the gold rim part added. It's a PNG if anyone wants to use it for concepts.

ptSBsGv.png

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
What if instead of the broomhead we gave it Radek Bonk's mullet? That's one we can all get behind! 3rd Jersey logo Kralfie the Klown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad