2017 MLB Offseason - Spring Training Lets Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Im so done with Joe and his inability to make a friggen decision Servo was done and he again leaves him there until the game is gone.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
The only one who looked like he was playing with an ounce of heart tonight was Aaron Judge.

Gary Sanchez looked like he forgot how to play the game of baseball. Couldn't make a catch. Sad.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
How do all these young players not come up in the biggest game of their lives. Coaching. Every time this year the Yankees have come up to either gain ground or take over first they falter. Coaching. Talent alone got them to this point Coaching could not pull them through. Although I see a great 5-6 years coming for the Yanks, I don't see it happening with the current Coaching Staff.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
The only one who looked like he was playing with an ounce of heart tonight was Aaron Judge.

Gary Sanchez looked like he forgot how to play the game of baseball. Couldn't make a catch. Sad.
Dont know if you have DVR versions of the games but he closes his eyes and relaxes his glove just before the ball get there. THIS CANT HAPPEN FOR A CATCHER. I'm sure that is why Tanaka was more confidant with him not catching his starts.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

How do all these young players not come up in the biggest game of their lives. Coaching. Every time this year the Yankees have come up to either gain ground or take over first they falter. Coaching. Talent alone got them to this point Coaching could not pull them through. Although I see a great 5-6 years coming for the Yanks, I don't see it happening with the current Coaching Staff.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

This is silly, the Yankees won plenty of big games this postseason, a lot more than expected - four elimination games and another couple games down to the Astros. Eventually when you keep riding on the edge of a cliff you're going to fall off. They're going to win championships, it's just a matter of when and how many. Is Girardi going to be Buck Showalter circa '95 and get cleared out for the next manager to take over on the verge of a dynasty, possibly but like with Showalter I really don't think Girardi's a problem.

The Yankees' bullpen was supposed to be their strength but Robertson tired and Betances short-circuited, plus they needed Chad Green in Game 6 so they really didn't have a lot left in Game 7 when Sabathia didn't give them a lot of length, and Kahnle finally proved human. Perhaps they should have gone with Gray in relief but you really don't know how starters will respond coming in the middle of an inning.

It was odd they didn't hit Morton and McCullers, though McCullers had shut them down earlier in the series too but sometimes **** happens in a road elimination game. Both teams' staffs dominated the home games.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Most Yankee fans are insufferable. Most make it sound like they root for the Cleveland Browns.

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Half these guys weren't supposed to have the seasons they did. And they still want to run Joe Girardi out of town.

Most Yankee fans are also Giant fans who ran Coughlin out of town. How's that working out for you?

Last edited:

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

As a Boston fan I hope you are correct

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
This is silly, the Yankees won plenty of big games this postseason, a lot more than expected - four elimination games and another couple games down to the Astros. Eventually when you keep riding on the edge of a cliff you're going to fall off. They're going to win championships, it's just a matter of when and how many. Is Girardi going to be Buck Showalter circa '95 and get cleared out for the next manager to take over on the verge of a dynasty, possibly but like with Showalter I really don't think Girardi's a problem.

The Yankees' bullpen was supposed to be their strength but Robertson tired and Betances short-circuited, plus they needed Chad Green in Game 6 so they really didn't have a lot left in Game 7 when Sabathia didn't give them a lot of length, and Kahnle finally proved human. Perhaps they should have gone with Gray in relief but you really don't know how starters will respond coming in the middle of an inning.

It was odd they didn't hit Morton and McCullers, though McCullers had shut them down earlier in the series too but sometimes **** happens in a road elimination game. Both teams' staffs dominated the home games.

NOT SILLY FACT The season turned over at some point where what was expected turned into they can do this, which is why Cash made the trades he made. In just about every situation this season where they could have taken advantage they dropped the ball. Coaching dropped the ball on many occasions. We almost didn't get to this series because of a really stupid mistake that should never have happened. You are correct the team won some good games and picked it up in the series. Heart and talent alone pulled them this far not Coaching.

I'm looking forward to the future with this team bringing in more youth to mach up with who is here now. Old Coaching tactics and the ability not to go for it attitude does not work in today's game. Dynasties don't really happen in today's MLB but the Yankees could do very well over the next five years.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
As a Boston fan I hope you are correct
I think Joe will either re-sign with the Yankees and pull in some different coaches or retire to be home with his family. From his shows he always sounds like he would rather be with Family at times. LOL I don't watch the Sox but have some good friends that do, some happy your coach was fired others pissed?

Reactions: Maine Fan

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Most Yankee fans are insufferable. Most make it sound like they root for the Cleveland Browns.

This was supposed to be a rebuilding year. Half these guys weren't supposed to have the seasons they did. And they still want to run Joe Girardi out of town.

Most Yankee fans are also Giant fans who ran Coughlin out of town. How's that working out for you?

Well I'm neither one of those and not sure where the Browns come into this. I do agree with Coughlin being a scape goat that I would have taken in Washington in a heart beat.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you think the next Yankee manager is going to be that different in terms of philosophy than Girardi I don't know what to tell you. The Yankees are analytic-driven like at least half the sport. Binder Joe's just going to give way to Manuscript Whomever.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Girardi is a great manager. As a Mets fan, I would take him in a heartbeat. Sure, the Yankeers future is bright but thats what they said about the Mets in '15. This is a good young team who overachieved this season. Baseball can be a cruel sport (I know most Yankee fans don't see it that way) so we'll see how they do in '18. Houston was the better team all season long and deserved to win. Now I want to see the GOAT Kershaw get his ring.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Girardi is a great manager. As a Mets fan, I would take him in a heartbeat. Sure, the Yankeers future is bright but thats what they said about the Mets in '15. This is a good young team who overachieved this season. Baseball can be a cruel sport (I know most Yankee fans don't see it that way) so we'll see how they do in '18. Houston was the better team all season long and deserved to win. Now I want to see the GOAT Kershaw get his ring.

As a fellow Met fan I was hoping the Yankees would lose in the first round and be fool enough to get rid of Girardi so we'd have a shot at him, but he's likely not going anywhere now, especially after the players made taking him off the hook a cause celebre for the first round win over Cleveland.

I'm looking forward to watching a fun and stress free World Series. Should be a good one. Either way Beltran or Grandy get a ring which makes me happy.

True, I kept thinking Beltran was on the Cardinals when they won but missed them by a year (and missed the Giants by a year for that matter).

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
As a fellow Met fan I was hoping the Yankees would lose in the first round and be fool enough to get rid of Girardi so we'd have a shot at him, but he's likely not going anywhere now, especially after the players made taking him off the hook a cause celebre for the first round win over Cleveland.

Same. I used to really enjoy watching the YES games when he was in the both. His knowledge of the game is amazing.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Mets hire Mickey Callaway as manager. Don't know much about him but I like what I'm reading.

Same...he's probably the best of the candidates we were realistically looking at. I'm more glad we didn't get one of the retreads with Met connections I feared.

Reactions: Devilsgrl35

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Mets hire Mickey Callaway as manager. Don't know much about him but I like what I'm reading.

If he is a solid pitching guy like they say, have to think part of the reason they went with him (aside from assuming they saw managerial potential in him) is to help the Mets pitching staff get to where it has the ability to be when healthy.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
For me the whole thing hinged on why Kahnle is throwing 13 changeups out of 17 pitches. Who the hell is making that pitch selection?

McCann is looking offspeed the whole way, Kahnle misses his spot and that's it.

They were way ahead of schedule, and I expected nothing from them this year - but geez... this was a TERRIFIC opportunity and you can't just write it off to 'oh well, they'll be there next year'... because they may never get this close to the WS again for all we know...

Injuries, slumps, bad luck... When all the cards are aligned like they were going into this postseason, it's a tremendous blow to lose that game7.

Reactions: Bosskarelli
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad