Status
Not open for further replies.

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ

eSCALATED_1487040000699_8508527_ver1.0.jpg

Apparently for Castro and “lesser prospects.” I guess Torres will be opening day 2B

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Yeah, Torres at 2B, Andujar at 3B, Adams in the rotation while the Marlins take back Castro who's expendable as there is and like three guys ranked 8-20 in the Yankee system that'll probably never amount to squat cause Cashman knows better.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Yeah, Torres at 2B, Andujar at 3B, Adams in the rotation while the Marlins take back Castro who's expendable as there is and like three guys ranked 8-20 in the Yankee system that'll probably never amount to squat cause Cashman knows better.

If the Yankees get Stanton for Castro and 3 prospects out of their top 5 good lord!

Judge and Stanton back to back for years would be disgusting .

Let’s see if Stanton agrees to the destination

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
If the Yankees get Stanton for Castro and 3 prospects out of their top 5 good lord!

Judge and Stanton back to back for years would be disgusting .

Let’s see if Stanton agrees to the destination
Its virtually a done deal. That’s going to be a whole lot of strikeouts between them two...but also 100 hrs

Reactions: Ripshot 43

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Its virtually a done deal. That’s going to be a whole lot of strikeouts between them two...but also 100 hrs

The overall feeling for this deal would be that it’s a huge win and not that the Yankees would get hampered by a huge contract right? Like, every team would wish to have to sign a player if his caliber to a big contract.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He already indicated the Yankees were a team he'd waive his no-trade for.

The overall feeling for this deal would be that it’s a huge win and not that the Yankees would get hampered by a huge contract right? Like, every team would wish to have to sign a player if his caliber to a big contract.

Define hampered. If by hampered you mean probably not spending a lot of money on a starting pitcher this offseason maybe (if they even needed one in the first place with Chance Adams probably taking CC's spot in the rotation). They have a lot of money coming off the books this year (CC, A-Rod) and people assumed they'd be spending on Harper or Machado, instead they got the big-ticket item a year early.

Plus with the rate it's going the Marlins probably are eating some of the contract too.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
He already indicated the Yankees were a team he'd waive his no-trade for.

Define hampered. If by hampered you mean probably not spending a lot of money on a starting pitcher this offseason maybe (if they even needed one in the first place with Chance Adams probably taking CC's spot in the rotation). They have a lot of money coming off the books this year (CC, A-Rod) and people assumed they'd be spending on Harper or Machado, instead they got the big-ticket item a year early.

Plus with the rate it's going the Marlins probably are eating some of the contract too.

Hampered as in after a few years we would feel upside down on the contract. I know the ends of these contracts you are always overpaying but will the next 5 years make it worth it.

Was really hoping for one of the 2 you mentioned, but I would assume that goes out the window if this deal goes through.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Stanton will be 37 at the end of the contract, and the ability to DH him the last few years in the AL. That isn't terrible compared to the Pujols and Cabrera contracts. The only real downside is if Stanton resumes missing 40-50 games a year the way he did before this year. And yeah eventually all the young guys are going to have to get paid on the back end of Stanton's contract but that's 2025's problem.

johnny pierogi

15 MINUTES OF FAYNE
Aug 11, 2016
Warren County
What a miserable morning for Devils/Mets fans.

I feel for you guys.

Yeah it's really terrible.. we already don't have to face Stanton and Dee Gordon 19 times a year. After this season we won't have to play Harper anymore either.

Any Mets fan crying today is just struggling with Yankees dick envy. I'm happy Stanton is in the AL and not on the Giants, Doyers or Cardinals. He never wanted to come to the Mets anyway and the Wilpons are too broke to pay that awful contract

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Cashman is a god. This news more than made up for that terrible game yesterday lol.

This isn't even on Cashman much. The trade was more or less handed to him because Stanton only was willing to waive his trade clause to go home to the Dodgers or to the Yankees. The Marlins it seems were sold on getting rid of him at any cost and they more or less did so. Cashman had the advantage big time.

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Hopefully Kinkaid is resisting the urge to have a few victory beverages right now. If there's any problem with this deal, it's that it broke on a day where Kinkaid has a start to prepare for, preventing him tweeting his reaction.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I think it was CASH pulling a great move and Jetes needing spending money. Either way Judge Sanchez Stanton. Holy mother of God.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Cash had plenty to do with it. He dabbled a while ago Stanton was interested Cash had is mind set on Otani and pitching. Cash went back in and made the deal. Giving up Castro who at times gave us fits last year and two prospects that were ahhhhhh ok.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
Yeah it's really terrible.. we already don't have to face Stanton and Dee Gordon 19 times a year. After this season we won't have to play Harper anymore either.

Any Mets fan crying today is just struggling with Yankees dick envy. I'm happy Stanton is in the AL and not on the Giants, Doyers or Cardinals. He never wanted to come to the Mets anyway and the Wilpons are too broke to pay that awful contract
Plus what difference will it make when they win championship #6 in my lifetime? I'm just hoping the Mets will improve the team this week at winter meetings.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Cash had plenty to do with it. He dabbled a while ago Stanton was interested Cash had is mind set on Otani and pitching. Cash went back in and made the deal. Giving up Castro who at times gave us fits last year and two prospects that were ahhhhhh ok.

I still don’t see the names beyond Castro... who were the rest?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Plus what difference will it make when they win championship #6 in my lifetime? I'm just hoping the Mets will improve the team this week at winter meetings.

I guess it’s just the nature of most fans wanting other fans to be miserable but I’ve never understood Yankees and Mets fans rooting against each other. I’ve always rooted for the Mets to do well, when not playing the Yankees.

Devilsgrl35

Feb 15, 2009
New York
I guess it’s just the nature of most fans wanting other fans to be miserable but I’ve never understood Yankees and Mets fans rooting against each other. I’ve always rooted for the Mets to do well, when not playing the Yankees.
I would never willingly root for the Yankees. They've won enough :laugh:

Reactions: tr83

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
No key pieces. Guzman is good. Marlins also sent $30 million with Stanton. That plus losing Castro's $13mm salary keeps the Yankees under the luxury tax.

Still gotta re-sign the big man from Vallejo, CA to a 1 year deal at the back end of the rotation. That probably means they have to shed a bit more payroll to get under the luxury tax threshold. Somehow, some way, I think Cashmoney will find a way to convince another GM that Jacoby Ellsbury and his massive, undoubtedly Hank Steinbrenner/Randy Levine authored contract is exactly what their team needs. Because aside from being a Devils fan, Cashmoney is also a gangster and the best GM since Ray Shero.

538467_403384733075563_1135975961_n.jpg

Reactions: Blackjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->